It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:13

Text Size

LATEST PATCH CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED/DELETED

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

LATEST PATCH CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED/DELETED

Postby Aswan jaguar » 20 Dec 2016, 10:30

To all of you that try to download and install latest patch I am in the very unpleasant position to inform you that as a result of a guy being abusive and slanderous to Korath in shandalar forums,Korath deleted all the patches he contributed there and here, too.As a result you can't install the latest patch (and probably impossible to do the full installation if you are a new user even with older patches)unless somebody has and reuploads everything or Korath decides to return and reupload his patches.
We are at least hundreds that appreciate Korath himself(always willing to help, teach, bear with my foolish questions about development) and all his great and immense work in Manalink and Shandalar forums and no person can change even slightly our appreciation about him and his work and I am certain that the vast majority of you feel the same.I really hope that when he calms down, sees that a single person's vulgarity doesn't worth to deny himself and all of us the fun of working with him on these projects and playing with the wonders and innovations he introduced to these games.

Unfortunately, I am late for something unbelievable Korath made to shandalar and I wanted to make a specific post about it to notify the Manalink.3 community that don't check what is going on in shandalar.Unfortunately the latest developments preceded that.
Korath made triggers go to stack!!!! :shock: not perfect- a work in progress but something we couldn't even dare to dream and far out of our expectations for us being here for many years.

EDIT:More info why Korath has left: As the offending posts have been deleted (correctly) by administrators and people can't read them and have the full picture, I want to add that there were also made threats about warning and turning legally WOTC against Korath for his mods.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 18 Mar 2020, 17:10, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: It was time to get this unsticky,, ha,ha,ha
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: LATEST PATCH CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED/DELETED

Postby Babaganoosh » 20 Dec 2016, 22:53

I know i'm just one voice, but I have had more fun with Manalink than you can imagine. I truly appreciate all the hard work and talent of all of of the people who work on this game, and I would love to see it be the best it can be. Let's be honest, MTG is a very expensive game and being able to play it for free is really great for someone (like myself) who may not have the cash to blow on it. Don't let trolls get you down, you are all doing great work!
Babaganoosh

Postby matumba » 20 Dec 2016, 23:20

What files do you need and how to upload them? Are these the latest? I got more if you need, just say which ones.

Edited by stassy : files deleted, please do not reupload them for now.
matumba

Postby Korath » 21 Dec 2016, 05:31

Please remove this. Your "helpful" sharing is putting my livelihood at risk.
Last edited by BAgate on 21 Dec 2016, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed offensive attack
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby BAgate » 21 Dec 2016, 08:12

Korath, I understand you aren't in a good place right now, but please, don't stoop to 'he who must not be named's level.

And if we could get a statement from you about why you did what you did I think it would be helpful (and prevent anyone putting you at risk trying to be helpful).
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby Draggamor » 24 Dec 2016, 16:30

If it helps, I still have all RAR files to make a full install:

1 - Manalink 3 Portal to Theros
2 - AllMagicFonts
3 - Manalink 3 - BFZv2
4 - SarlackML3GraphicsWideV1.3
5 - Manalink 3 - EMNv2
6 - CardArtUpdate_Aug2016

Just tell me how and I'll upload them

P.S. I don't have any account on those mass storage sites from where we usually download them.
Draggamor

Postby gmzombie » 24 Dec 2016, 17:20

Right now per the request of Korath please dont upload anything. Let's wait till everything gets sorted out
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Chaosjno » 25 Dec 2016, 23:51

I didn't follow all thread, it's a sad situation so i had to exit from my cave and stop to lurk.
Manalink community did a really great work since a long time, and Korath you have a special and precious role: don't give up
Chaosjno

Postby VladVoivode » 26 Dec 2016, 04:06

Sad news indeed. My experiences with the developers has been nothing short of stellar. They even put up with my many questions about Planeswalking - which I still don't quite understand but that's because I can be rather thick. Anyhow, Manalink continues to give me so much pleasure that I cannot thank Korath and Co. enough.

I do hope that this gets sorted and I hasten to add not because I want th latest patch. Sure, it would be nice but it is more important that whomever attacked Korath should be dealt with and that Korath has some time to himself.

Thank you Korath and thank you devs for your hard work, timely assistance, and dedicated to a fantastic project.
VladVoivode

Postby horseoftroy » 26 Dec 2016, 13:02

I love Manalink 3.0 , hope things get to sort out as soon as possible
Please continue this great project

Thank you Korath and all Manalink 3.0 team
horseoftroy

Postby Nexhro » 27 Dec 2016, 05:02

Korath is one of the most dedicated and resourceful people I've ever met, a one man army if you will. He brought joy to hundreds if not thousands of people around the globe and helped them to take a break from their everyday stress without asking anything in return but respectful interaction. To see his work depreciated in such a rude, childish and completely unwarranted manner is incredibly painful.

Korath, if you're reading this, my heart goes out to you. Keep your tail up and do whatever it takes for you to get better. The majority of those who appreciate your continued contribution won't speak up and that's fine, but rest assured that you've improved the lives of many - one bug fix, one feature implementation, one new card at a time.

Don't let this year end on such a sad note. Happy holidays to you and all the amazing folks around here and all the best for 2017!
Nexhro

Postby gmzombie » 27 Dec 2016, 16:23

Couldnt agree more nexhro.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Aswan jaguar » 29 Dec 2016, 06:55

As the offending posts have been deleted (correctly) by administrators and people can't read them and have the full picture, I want to add that also there were made threats about warning and turning legally the company against Korath for his mods.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby horseoftroy » 30 Dec 2016, 04:29

I think it's the time to start something new
This is reminds me about what happened when Konami started threating YGOPRO community about that game

They're stopped posting in the forum about YGOPRO , and instead of that they are using an android application for this purpose

Discord.apk - gamers chatting application
Each developers team has a specific Discord Code , to join the games room
Download :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cord&hl=en
https://appraw.com/apk/discord-apk-download-xm8n2

And each section called (Text Channel) like this :
# downloads
# news_feed
# general_chat
. . . and so on

Check out :
http://www.ygopro.co/
(If the link against forum policies moderators free to delete it)

Discord Code for YGOPRO :
Xc3aM
https://discord.me/ygopro

For Slightly Magic we can do like this :
# Forge
# Magarena
# Manalink 3.0
# XMAGE

We have to do the same move ASAP , it's not for Manalink 3.0 only , but it's for our beloved Slightly Magic forum and All our MTG games

We can't know what can happen in the future especially from WOTC side
horseoftroy

Postby jatill » 06 Jan 2017, 00:30

I'm sorry to see that things aren't going smoothly, especially with all of the amazing progress that has been made since the last time I stopped by (2 years ago!)

I very much hope to try out the Shandalar changes; that's a nut I thought would never be cracked! If things return to normal, perhaps someone will be kind enough to PM me to let me know (and give me current install instructions... that's always been a challenge for me when not doing active development).

Thanks
~jeff
jatill
DEVELOPER

Next

Return to Patches