It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:17

Text Size

Upcoming Release: Forge version 1.5.58

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Upcoming Release: Forge version 1.5.58

Postby Hanmac » 17 Dec 2016, 18:33

I did refactor "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice" keyword to drop it from Upkeep class (which was removed in the process)

Please check out if i didn't break something.
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 17 Dec 2016, 18:39

Hanmac wrote:I did refactor "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice" keyword to drop it from Upkeep class (which was removed in the process)

Thanks, I'll try to test this soon :)
If you have a moment, please check out what might be wrong with cards like Aurification and Curse of Stalked Prey - their trigger goes on stack but for some reason their Defined parameter does nothing and the counter is not put on the card(s) as required.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Xitax » 18 Dec 2016, 04:07

Kaladesh boosters finally. Due to WoTC being jerks, there's no good renders for this edition. I had to finally resort to Ebay photos and a lot of shop. They're passable.
Attachments
KLD boosters.zip
(219.79 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Xitax

Postby Agetian » 18 Dec 2016, 04:24

Agetian wrote:
Hanmac wrote:I did refactor "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice" keyword to drop it from Upkeep class (which was removed in the process)

Thanks, I'll try to test this soon :)
If you have a moment, please check out what might be wrong with cards like Aurification and Curse of Stalked Prey - their trigger goes on stack but for some reason their Defined parameter does nothing and the counter is not put on the card(s) as required.

- Agetian
Ok, this is actually my fault, I'm working on a more transparent solution to the problem of Kalitas that will hopefully not break things.

EDIT: Implemented a more transparent mechanism for storing the zone LKI and retrieving it for the purpose of ReplaceMoved events. Should not break things like Curse of Stalked Prey and friends (does not affect the LKI copy zone or timestamp in any way). This solution should not cause as many breakages as the previous one had potential for. If this solution will also break something, I will implement (at least temporarily, for the purpose of impending release) a special LKI check parameter for ReplaceMoved events which will be used only for specific cards that require it (e.g. Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet) but otherwise the game will check the standard zone information for ReplaceMoved as it did before I started changing it.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 18 Dec 2016, 06:49

I commited the first part of my CounterMoveAi i did weeks ago.
The part missing is some special logic in PumpAi when using it to select the first Target for a two Target MoveCounter Effect. (Like Simic Guildmage and others)

The CostCreateToken for
Varchild's War-Riders is currently on my to do list.
But for that I need to find a good way to do the TokenDoubler Keyword as Replacement Effect (currently no idea how to do that)
Hanmac

Postby KrazyTheFox » 22 Dec 2016, 06:17

Sorry, I haven't been able to get the release done. The holidays have been keeping me 100% busy. I'll be looking to get one done this week. If there's anything I need to wait on, let me know as soon as you can.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 22 Dec 2016, 17:12

KrazyTheFox wrote:Sorry, I haven't been able to get the release done. The holidays have been keeping me 100% busy. I'll be looking to get one done this week. If there's anything I need to wait on, let me know as soon as you can.
Things look quite stable right now. Some bugs pop up from time to time, but nothing majorly game-breaking at the moment, so it might be a good time for a release. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 23 Dec 2016, 06:45

I might have an idea how to fix damage Replacement with Lifelink damage.

But I need to checkout if my idea works that way, so please not to much hope.

===
Hm I think we might need some Replacement Effect with only updating a variable. (That would help me with my token Double too)

"DB$ Replace | ReplaceKey$ Damage | ReplaceValue$ DamageDouble"

With that we might not need extra cases for CombatDamage and NonCombatDamage anymore.
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 23 Dec 2016, 07:26

This would be nice, Hanmac! Best of luck! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 02 Jan 2017, 07:32

@Agetian I did see you updating the Changes file but I am not finish yet with my rewrites. So no release yet!

Over the weekend i did something for "ReplaceSplitDamage"
It's for Effects like en-Kor with N damage to X while M-N damage to Y

The effects work but the cards are not all updated yet.
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 02 Jan 2017, 08:38

Hanmac wrote:@Agetian I did see you updating the Changes file but I am not finish yet with my rewrites. So no release yet!

Over the weekend i did something for "ReplaceSplitDamage"
It's for Effects like en-Kor with N damage to X while M-N damage to Y

The effects work but the cards are not all updated yet.
Sure thing, sounds good! I'm just updating CHANGES to reflect all the changes so far so we don't forget. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 02 Jan 2017, 16:46

I have a question: as I was experimenting with AI playing Kaladesh vehicles, I noticed that it'll generally crew a vehicle with another vehicle when and if possible. Does it make sense for it to do that, or should I add the code to prevent that from happening? It *seems* like this leads to suboptimal plays (if you're crewing a vehicle, probably you want to attack/defend with it, not use it as a crew target for another vehicle), but then again, I'm not sure :D So, what do you think?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 02 Jan 2017, 16:55

@Agetian it's possible for:
Small creature => small Vehicle => big Vehicle

The AI should already check for if the crewed Vehicle is better than the creatures to crew it.
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 02 Jan 2017, 17:07

Hanmac wrote:@Agetian it's possible for:
Small creature => small Vehicle => big Vehicle

The AI should already check for if the crewed Vehicle is better than the creatures to crew it.
Ah, OK, makes sense! :) (and yes, it always crews a big vehicle with a small one, so all good).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 03 Jan 2017, 09:02

I noticed rather recently that the AI sometimes "forgets" to use the + ability on a planeswalker even though there is no drawback to doing so, and will instead do nothing at all. For example, a common place to see it is AI casting Saheeli Rai and not doing anything at all with it on the first turn (though there is no drawback to +1'ing her). I've seen the same happen with at least several other planeswalkers that are all marked AI playable. Does anyone know what's going on?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner