It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:14

Text Size

Shandalar Card List (Updated December 2016)

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Shandalar Card List (Updated December 2016)

Postby Rawky » 02 Jan 2017, 05:17

PsyintZ wrote:Do you have another working link, perhaps?
I'm not really sure what the issue would be. Are you able to download other files from this forum?

Try this link. Made it a zip instead. No idea.
2016 DEC Update.zip
(20.05 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
Rawky

Postby PsyintZ » 03 Jan 2017, 04:01

Strange. It's still not working. When I click it, it just says "Waiting for http://www.slightlymagic.net" in the bottom corner. And it stays like that, never opening a "Save File" box. I tried it on both Chrome and Firefox browsers with the same results. I've even tried right clicking to "Save File As..." without any luck.

I had no issues when installing Shandalar and it's components from here, so I'm not sure why I'd be having problems with this file. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Psy
Check out Psy's Ultimate Power Cube and let me know what you think! (Legacy/Large/SuperPowered)
PsyintZ

Postby Rawky » 03 Jan 2017, 05:07

Can you confirm that you are currently able to download any other file from this forum?

Please link to that file, if you would.

Can you also confirm that you've checked your download folder, just in case?
Rawky

Postby PsyintZ » 03 Jan 2017, 09:16

Well shoot. It appears that I'm not able to download anything from these forums now. No matter where the file is hosted, it just gets stuck on "Waiting for www.whatever.com" - which means the issue is most likely on my end. I wonder what the problem is. I'll have a look into it and see if I can resolve whatever the issue may be.

I apologize for assuming it was the link.
Check out Psy's Ultimate Power Cube and let me know what you think! (Legacy/Large/SuperPowered)
PsyintZ

Postby Rawky » 04 Jan 2017, 01:00

Suggestions:
*Check internet security settings in the browser
*Check firewall settings
*Use an earlier windows restore point from when things were working
*http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-download-file-internet

Good luck!
Rawky

Postby stassy » 04 Jan 2017, 09:09

And check viruses/malwares too.
stassy

Re: Shandalar Card List (Updated July 2016)

Postby Aarav » 21 Oct 2023, 05:13

lujo wrote:You can use Forge for this purpose way more easily, as all you have to do is stick some dummy files in the card folder for cards that are missing in forge such as astral ones. There's a large number of filters there too, for whatever you need.

The only hassle there is actually updating the "shandalar" cardset list whenever Korath makes an update*, and keeping the missing card fiiles somewhere where they won't get lost which is why I don't have a nice little bundle to give you right now. But I'll have it when I get back to my wholesale enemy decks remake.

Whish there was a way to talk the Forge guys into including the files in the standard Forge release, and-or someone writing a file that could easily turn forge decklists into shandalar ones.

EDIT: Errr, I remebered how to do it in 5 mins just now, so it wasn't an actual hassle to update to the latest patch.
Enhance your Forge gaming experience with an efficient method to incorporate missing cards, like astral ones, using dummy files. Discover the variety of filters available to streamline your gaming needs. While maintaining your missing card files may seem daunting, the key is keeping them organized for a seamless experience. Looking forward to a more accessible solution, some hope Forge could include these files in their standard release or create a converter for Forge decklists to Shandalar ones.
Aarav

Postby Aarav » 23 Oct 2023, 06:30

The Shandalar Card List (March 2016 Update) likely refers to a card database or update related to the Magic: The Gathering video game "Shandalar," which was released in 1997. This update may include new cards, balance changes, or bug fixes for the game. It's valuable for players and collectors interested in this classic MTG video game to enhance their gaming experience or card knowledge.Nrega Job Card List
Last edited by Aarav on 05 Nov 2023, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
Aarav

Re: Questions: Shandalar Card List as of March 2016 Update

Postby Aarav » 01 Nov 2023, 13:50

Korath wrote:Is there a particular output format that would make this easier? I'd happy to plug it in, so long as it's remotely reasonable.

Re your [rant]:
I don't plan on doing anything at all with Shandalar's meta myself until I'm close to out of cards to add. Part of the problem can be fixed by you or anybody else in the meantime by editing Shandalar.ini; and, yes, putting the Unlimited duals into [Nochoose] would be an excellent first step. I'm perfectly happy for folks to distribute such changes, probably in the form of auxiliary ini files with instructions to add them to the [Configs] section at the top of the base Shandalar.ini file.

Also bear in mind that my main target audience at this point is modders, not people who just want to play the game. If there are specific things I can do to make a project like that easier, I'm perfectly willing to consider them. "Add more rarities" would have covered this, but that's neither specific nor feasible (there's an artwork requirement, to start with). "Make the gem costs configurable" (so you could, say, change the common/uncommon/rare/mythic progression from 1/2/3/4 to 1/3/6/10 or 1/4/9/16 or whatever) would be easy. "Be able to flag specific cards as costing extra gems" would be more work, but still doable.
This excerpt seems to discuss modifying the Shandalar.ini file for a game, presumably related to card rarities and gem costs. It appears the focus is on addressing the game's meta for modders rather than general players. The author seems open to changes that could streamline the modification process and acknowledges the limitations within the game's framework.
Aarav

Postby Aarav » 05 Nov 2023, 17:02

The Shandalar Card List updated in December 2016 appears to be a valuable resource for enthusiasts of the Shandalar game, offering an updated inventory of cards for reference and gameplay.
Aarav

Previous

Return to Shandalar