It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:45

Text Size

Profile deactivated by Admin

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Profile deactivated by Admin

Postby Ashent » 10 Jan 2017, 14:38

For context, I also had a previous session (on xmage.de) at the time this occurred, where I had been waiting in a lobby I created and got disconnected.
I got back on, saw that I still had a room open, but had to disregard it because that session was lost to me and I couldn't rejoin it, figured it'd be fixed manually by someone or fixed during a reboot, and created another room. I got 1 turn into a game and then received a message stating my session had been ended by an Admin.
At this point I'm figuring they probably kicked my old account off to clean up, seeing that it was hung, but it killed my current game. I thought maybe they got the wrong one and tried to reconnect, when I started receiving this message:
[Error connecting to server]
Your profile is deactivated, you can't sign on.
I have no idea why this would happen. I've never broken any rules, I'm not toxic to anyone, and I can't imagine what I've done to have my account taken away. What happened?
Ashent

Re: Profile deactivated by Admin

Postby Ashent » 10 Jan 2017, 14:54

Note, just got this on my Woogerworks account also. Was playing a game and was manually disconnected and kicked.
Ashent

Postby fireshoes » 10 Jan 2017, 15:09

I haven't been on to see anything today, but presumably the Admin thought you were doing something that needed more than a timeout (flaming/spamming). Perhaps also your username was considered vulgar.
fireshoes

Postby Ashent » 10 Jan 2017, 15:13

Thanks for responding.
This id was the same as this forum account, and I rarely even type in the client. I think in the past week I have said "gl gl, gg" or helped someone find a button in the client and that's it.

Is there a way I can appeal this? Also is it possible that this happened because I'm traveling and connected to the servers on a very slow spotty Singapore hotel wifi?
Ashent

Postby fireshoes » 10 Jan 2017, 15:31

No, deactivating an account is performed by a person, so location or internet speed would not have an impact. I can check with others to see if they recall the situation.
fireshoes

Postby Ashent » 10 Jan 2017, 15:36

Thanks, fireshoes.

This happened 1 hour ago to my "Ashent" account on xmage.de while I was in game, and then to my woogerworks id "Ashent" also like 20 minutes later.
Ashent

Postby Ashent » 11 Jan 2017, 14:17

This was resolved. Thank you.
Ashent

Return to XMage