It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:47

Text Size

Two stupid questions (AI and Workshop)

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Two stupid questions (AI and Workshop)

Postby MIC132 » 17 Jan 2017, 23:47

Ok, so I have two quite stupid questions, but I can't seem to find answers to them.

First, the latest patchnotes mention "simulated AI", that's disabled by default. Out of curiosity, how would one go about enabling it?

Second, there are multiple mentions of "Workshop" or "Workshop mode" both on the forums and in the settings, but I can't find anything like that. Any help?

Thanks in advance.
MIC132

Re: Two stupid questions (AI and Workshop)

Postby friarsol » 18 Jan 2017, 02:22

MIC132 wrote:Second, there are multiple mentions of "Workshop" or "Workshop mode" both on the forums and in the settings, but I can't find anything like that. Any help?
I believe to see the Workshop visible you need to enable Developer Mode from the preferences then restart. It should be visible on the top of Forge after that.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 18 Jan 2017, 04:23

MIC132 wrote:First, the latest patchnotes mention "simulated AI", that's disabled by default. Out of curiosity, how would one go about enabling it?
Currently there's a little "secret" option, only available in Constructed mode - on the Constructed lobby screen, you'll see a switch allowing you to toggle a player between Human and AI. If you right-click the "AI" button, you'll be given a small context menu allowing to enable the simulated AI. :) If you feel adventurous, you can try it. It's a really interesting AI, but it's not yet finished and sometimes it'll actually behave worse than the standard AI (but in quite a lot of cases it'll come up with very interesting decisions that the standard AI is not capable of).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby MIC132 » 06 Feb 2017, 01:00

friarsol wrote:I believe to see the Workshop visible you need to enable Developer Mode from the preferences then restart. It should be visible on the top of Forge after that.
Ok, but how does it actually work?
I get card catalog, and then a "card designer" and "card script" windows, but clicking a card from the catalogue doesn't fill them, nor is there any "new card" button or anything like that.
Is there any guide to using it?
MIC132

Postby rommel » 05 Apr 2018, 06:54

This question about the workshop is exactly what I'm trying to figure out, it's like this great secret. No coverage in the manual. Any luck?
rommel

Return to Forge