It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:58

Text Size

Forge Beta Release: 01-13-2017 ver 1.5.58

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta Release: 01-13-2017 ver 1.5.58

Postby Agetian » 23 Jan 2017, 05:47

PsyintZ wrote:Hi there. Unfortunately, when I click the download link (to the tar.bz2 file), nothing happens. It just continues trying to load. Oddly, it appears I can download the other files in the same directory, just not the one I need. Does anybody know why this happening and/or how I can fix it? I would really like to download the newest version of Forge.

Thanks!
Psy
I just tried and it looks like it works correctly for me now, from two different machines. Unless it's something on your end, maybe the server was temporarily unreachable or down? Can you try again please? Also, can you try from a different machine / different browser / etc.?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Xyx » 23 Jan 2017, 08:55

Agetian wrote:I currently added AI priority lists to both specifying that the AI will be willing to sacrifice tokens and also creatures with CMC 2 or less to these cards
Could you make it 3 or less? There's some CMC 3 sac fodder like Wood Elves.

Agetian wrote:Let me know if there are any other "as an additional cost, sac..." cards that the AI wouldn't cast, I'll look into specifying priorities for them as well.
I'll have a look. :)
Xyx
Tester

Postby puckboss3 » 23 Jan 2017, 09:20

friarsol wrote:
puckboss3 wrote:Not sure if it was intentional, but I do not see Trophy Mage in the database or on the list of missing cards...
Trophy Mage should be in this release, not sure why you don't see it? Seeing as you just posted 5 times about missing cards that previously existed, maybe the problem is with how you extracted the new release?
Thanks for the tip. i redownloaded, extracted, and all missing cards are there now. Thanks again for your awesome work on this project.
puckboss3

Postby Agetian » 23 Jan 2017, 10:04

Xyx wrote:
Agetian wrote:I currently added AI priority lists to both specifying that the AI will be willing to sacrifice tokens and also creatures with CMC 2 or less to these cards
Could you make it 3 or less? There's some CMC 3 sac fodder like Wood Elves.
I made the logic more generic and now the AI will consider it if the action amounts to an upgrade to a better creature with higher CMC, and it'll generally try to sac the worst creature it has and upgrade it to whatever best thing it can detect in the library (hopefully, anyway, it runs through the standard evaluation procedures for the latter).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Xyx » 23 Jan 2017, 10:08

Agetian wrote:Let me know if there are any other "as an additional cost, sac..." cards that the AI wouldn't cast
Just instants and sorceries, or abilities as well? Here's what I found in the quest worlds. Suggestions in parentheses (not taking your generic logic upgrade into account.) Many of these cards are terrible but I'm conveniently assuming that the cards only go into decks that would actually want to pay the cost sometimes.

Skull Catapult (2 or less)
Burnt Offering (tricky since saccing tokens is pointless and higher CMC = more mana)
Arenson's Aura (should probably sac itself)
Lake of the Dead
Brine Shaman (only tokens)
Altar of Bone (2 or less)
Lord of Tresserhorn (not actually an additional cost)
Phyrexian Dreadnought (not actually an additional cost, over-sacs)
Phyrexian Vault (2 or less)
Triangle of War
Resistance Fighter
Carrion (bigger is better, I guess)
Necrosavant (4 or less)
Infernal Harvest (not a sacrifice, also... ?)
Phyrexian Tribute (2 or less, possibly only tokens)
Wicked Reward (possibly only tokens but there's Brood of Cockroaches in the same set, only to win combat or for lethal damage)
Village Elder
Circle of Despair (possibly only tokens but there's Brood of Cockroaches in the same block)
Squandered Resources (if this is in the deck, it's a good bet that any land is fair game)
Lion's Eye Diamond (the AI can somehow cheat by casting spells from its hand with this)
Delif's Cone
Delif's Cube
Implements of Sacrifice
Heroism (1 or less, possibly only tokens)
Icatian Moneychanger (never "withdraws")
Ruins of Trokair/Svyelunite Temple/Ebon Stronghold/Dwarven Ruins/Hollow Trees
Homarid Spawning Bed (tokens are pointless, bigger is better)
Goblin Chirurgeon (1 or less)
Goblin Grenade (1 or less, important card)
Goblin Warrens (1 or less, not just tokens or it'll never get going)
Thelonite Druid (only tokens)
Thelonite Monk (only tokens)
Gauntlets of Chaos
Knowledge Vault (3+ cards should do it)
Life Chisel (bigger is better)
Sword of the Ages (EVERRRRRYOOOOONE!!!)
Energy Tap (not a sacrifice, bigger is better)
Hell's Caretaker (3 or less or it'll sac itself)
Land's Edge (not a sacrifice, should probably discard everything)
City of Shadows (currently sacs everything but should be 2 or less, I guess)
Necropolis (not a sacrifice, should exile everything)
Apprentice Wizard (not a sacrifice but should be used wherever possible)
Banshee (not a sacrifice but should be used whenever it won't kill the controller)
Frankenstein's Monster (not a sacrifice but should exile everything)
Diamond Valley (tricky, Rukh Egg and Old Man of the Sea in the same set)
Ring of Ma'rûf (???)
Metamorphosis (bigger is better)
Ashnod's Altar (tricky, Onulet and Ornithopther in the same set)
Ashnod's Transmogrant
Coral Helm (not a sacrifice, only to win combat or for lethal damage)
Feldon's Cane (should wait until library almost depleted, same set as Millstone)
Rocket Launcher (not an actual sacrifice, should use for 4+ damage)
Dwarven Weaponsmith (tricky, Onulet and Ornithopther in the same set)
Orcish Mechanics (tricky, Onulet and Ornithopther in the same set)
Nevinyrral's Disk (not an actual sacrifice, never used)
Time Vault (not a sacrifice, never used, should be used whenever possible due to Twiddle in the same set)
Sacrifice (Tricky, bigger is better)
Simulacrum (not an actual sacrifice)
Berserk (not an actual sacrifice)
Channel (not a sacrifice)
Final Strike (bigger is better but only for lethal damage)
Xyx
Tester

Postby Xyx » 23 Jan 2017, 10:11

Also, if you're in the market for AI upgrade suggestions...

The AI only casts land destruction spells (Stone Rain, Sinkhole, Icequake etcetera) once in a blue moon. Not actually never but only like 1/100 times. If these could be cast right away, that would make a lot of difference to a lot of decks.

Dark Ritual is never used. It's probably better to just cast it immediately in first main phase rather than let it rot in the hand. It might open up some options. And if it goes to waste, hopefully it wasn't needed.
Xyx
Tester

Postby Agetian » 23 Jan 2017, 11:05

Xyx wrote:Also, if you're in the market for AI upgrade suggestions...

The AI only casts land destruction spells (Stone Rain, Sinkhole, Icequake etcetera) once in a blue moon. Not actually never but only like 1/100 times. If these could be cast right away, that would make a lot of difference to a lot of decks.

Dark Ritual is never used. It's probably better to just cast it immediately in first main phase rather than let it rot in the hand. It might open up some options. And if it goes to waste, hopefully it wasn't needed.
Hmm, that's actually very strange about land destruction spells - in my experience the AI actually casts them whenever it has the mana available (and indeed, I just ran a couple simple tests, gave the AI these cards and mana, and they went off as soon as I put a land in play and the AI could legally cast them :/)

I'll take a look at what can be done for Dark Ritual :) Main 2 might be a better choice for the AI since it casts the absolute majority of its spells in that phase, as opposed to Main 1.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby PsyintZ » 24 Jan 2017, 09:09

Agetian wrote:I just tried and it looks like it works correctly for me now, from two different machines. Unless it's something on your end, maybe the server was temporarily unreachable or down? Can you try again please? Also, can you try from a different machine / different browser / etc.?

- Agetian
Yeah, I'm of the assumption that it's probably on my end, but I am completely STUMPED as to what might be causing it. I have never seen anything like this before. It worked fine on my girlfriend's machine, but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to download on this machine. I have tried other browsers, I have tried right-clicking to "Save Target As..", and I have tried using Internet Download Manager. None of these methods will bring up the "Save File" window. However, when I go to the root directory (at http://www.cardforge.link/releases/forg ... op/1.5.58/) I am perfectly able to download ANY of the other files on that list without issue. Only the "forge-gui-desktop-1.5.58.tar.bz2" file will not download. I'm so confused :oops:

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated,
Psy

Note: I tried going to http://krazyweb.net/forge/ and I am not able to download that snapshot file either! (forge-gui-desktop-1.5.59-SNAPSHOT-33275.tar.bz2) - It's like my computer suddenly refuses to download the specific tar.bz2 extension or something. Though, I am not aware of any settings on Chrome that would allow this, or even let me edit what extensions may or may not be allowed. This is so strange.
Check out Psy's Ultimate Power Cube and let me know what you think! (Legacy/Large/SuperPowered)
PsyintZ

Postby Agetian » 24 Jan 2017, 11:17

Hmm, could it be that you have some kind of a security program (antivirus etc.) that's preventing you from downloading files with certain extensions or something like that?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Xyx » 24 Jan 2017, 12:03

Clone Legion copies ALL THE CREATURES, not just the targeted player's.

Agetian wrote:Hmm, that's actually very strange about land destruction spells - in my experience the AI actually casts them whenever it has the mana available (and indeed, I just ran a couple simple tests, gave the AI these cards and mana, and they went off as soon as I put a land in play and the AI could legally cast them :/)
Very strange indeed. I tested all of the land destruction spells in the quest worlds (and there are quite a few of them since apparently that's Magic how Garfield intended it) and all of them would rot in the AI's hand 99% of the time. I'll run more tests.
Xyx
Tester

Postby Agetian » 24 Jan 2017, 12:29

@ Xyx: Hmm maybe if you can provide me with a test deck list to try I'll tell you more... but yeah, just run this simple test: give the AI two Swamps and a Sinkhole, then give yourself one land. The AI will immediately fire Sinkhole as soon as it has priority in its Main 1.

On a side note, I implemented a simple mana ritual AI, it's not perfect but it will work quite well most of the time (the AI will cast it only in its main 2 and sometimes in main 1 and will try to "plan" if it actually wants to cast something with it, though sometimes it'll still waste it, which will probably be more noticeable with complex mana bases and multicolor cards, 3+ colors especially, I guess).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby twentytwo » 24 Jan 2017, 20:18

Moving cards around in players hand is kind of choppy. Maybe it's just me since im playing on a i5 laptop, but I've compared the latest snapshot, 1.5.58 release version and 1.5.57 release version and the problem isn't there in the 1.5.57.

I've also tried moving cards with and without pictures loaded, but it does not make a difference.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue ?
twentytwo

Postby Xyx » 24 Jan 2017, 20:36

Agetian wrote:@ Xyx: Hmm maybe if you can provide me with a test deck list to try I'll tell you more... but yeah, just run this simple test: give the AI two Swamps and a Sinkhole, then give yourself one land. The AI will immediately fire Sinkhole as soon as it has priority in its Main 1.
I tried it again and now I get Stone Rained just fine. :? When I built the quest worlds I tested Stone Rain, Sinkhole, Ice Storm, Icequake, Thermokarst, Pillage... they would practically never get cast, even if the AI had nothing else to do. I'll try them all again and build some new decks if it works. :)

Agetian wrote:I implemented a simple mana ritual AI
Thanks! :)
Xyx
Tester

Postby Turbomoose » 24 Jan 2017, 20:39

Description: Pharagax Giant crashes forge when in hand of AI player

RuntimeException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.58-SNAPSHOT-r-1
Operating System: Windows 10 10.0 amd64
Java Version:     1.8.0_111 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.RuntimeException: AbilityFactory : getAbility -- no API in Pharagax Giant:
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:107)
   at forge.ai.AiController.checkETBEffects(AiController.java:265)
   at forge.ai.AiController.canPlayFromEffectAI(AiController.java:1037)
   at forge.ai.AiController.canPlaySa(AiController.java:683)
   at forge.ai.AiController.canPlayAndPayFor(AiController.java:641)
   at forge.ai.AiController.chooseSpellAbilityToPlay(AiController.java:1158)
   at forge.ai.AiController.getSpellAbilityToPlay(AiController.java:1133)
   at forge.ai.AiController.chooseSpellAbilityToPlay(AiController.java:1072)
   at forge.ai.PlayerControllerAi.chooseSpellAbilityToPlay(PlayerControllerAi.java:392)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:925)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1462)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:95)
   at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:220)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Turbomoose

Postby timmermac » 25 Jan 2017, 03:35

PsyintZ wrote:
Agetian wrote:I just tried and it looks like it works correctly for me now, from two different machines. Unless it's something on your end, maybe the server was temporarily unreachable or down? Can you try again please? Also, can you try from a different machine / different browser / etc.?

- Agetian
Yeah, I'm of the assumption that it's probably on my end, but I am completely STUMPED as to what might be causing it. I have never seen anything like this before. It worked fine on my girlfriend's machine, but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to download on this machine. I have tried other browsers, I have tried right-clicking to "Save Target As..", and I have tried using Internet Download Manager. None of these methods will bring up the "Save File" window. However, when I go to the root directory (at http://www.cardforge.link/releases/forg ... op/1.5.58/) I am perfectly able to download ANY of the other files on that list without issue. Only the "forge-gui-desktop-1.5.58.tar.bz2" file will not download. I'm so confused :oops:

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated,
Psy

Note: I tried going to http://krazyweb.net/forge/ and I am not able to download that snapshot file either! (forge-gui-desktop-1.5.59-SNAPSHOT-33275.tar.bz2) - It's like my computer suddenly refuses to download the specific tar.bz2 extension or something. Though, I am not aware of any settings on Chrome that would allow this, or even let me edit what extensions may or may not be allowed. This is so strange.
Have you tried clearing cache and cookies?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge