It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 03:28

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Chandra's Pyrohelix and Captured by the Consulate.

Postby ShivaFang » 02 Dec 2016, 01:06

Description: There seems to be a problem with the way Chandra's Pyrohelix reacts with Captured by the Consulate. I have only seen the error in AI vs AI battles (multiple times) so I'm not sure if the error happens with the AI or if it happens with human players too - that's why I'm posting it here and I figure it can be escalated if it is deemed to not be an AI issue. Neither card is currently flagged as AIDoNotUse.

I'm not certain whether the AI is choosing multiple targets and the enchantment is incorrectly retargeting (since it can choose one or two targets) and that's why it's throwing the null or if there is something else hinky going on.

Forge version - Trunk (Last updated approximately 4-6 hours before this post)

NullPointerException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    SVN
Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 amd64
Java Version:     1.8.0_111 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.game.spellability.TargetRestrictions.getDividedValue(TargetRestrictions.java:765)
   at forge.game.ability.effects.DamageDealEffect.resolve(DamageDealEffect.java:148)
   at forge.game.ability.SpellApiBased.resolve(SpellApiBased.java:55)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveApiAbility(AbilityUtils.java:1266)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolve(AbilityUtils.java:1247)
   at forge.game.zone.MagicStack.resolveStack(MagicStack.java:517)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:980)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1462)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:95)
   at forge.screens.home.genetic.GeneticMatch$2.run(GeneticMatch.java:282)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Attachments
Pyrohelix.gif
ShivaFang

Fabricate

Postby ShivaFang » 07 Dec 2016, 18:58

As of a recent trunk (sometime this week) Fabricate cards stopped being cast again. I just updated the trunk (Dec: 7th) and it's still happening.

I guess someone uploaded a version that overwrote the fix that was put in.
Attachments
Untitled-1.gif
ShivaFang

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby friarsol » 07 Dec 2016, 21:02

Shiva sounds like you should be posting in viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6333
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Ldcs8T4EAnj8h5ZMD8rf » 10 Dec 2016, 00:36

Noticed in 1.5.58: The AI loves to sacrifice Harvester Troll to itself, even on an empty board. #-o
Ldcs8T4EAnj8h5ZMD8rf

Postby vinnie » 12 Dec 2016, 20:05

You can try a turn off transparency for "targeting arcs"? On my pc it seems to slow down the game
vinnie

Postby jimmygb96 » 12 Jan 2017, 00:07

For some reason, the AI loves to use Vendilion Clique on itself, even when I have a full hand. Also, there is no warning for this card.
jimmygb96

Postby friarsol » 14 Jan 2017, 03:53

AI cast Fateful Showdown on my 3/4 Flying creature when it only had 4 cards in hand (including the Showdown). When testing spells cast from the hand, that care about hand size, that needs to be take into consideration.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Turbomoose » 25 Jan 2017, 16:28

AI will tap out all available mana to waxmane baku even when it has no counters. I haven't checked this on the newest release but it's been around for a while.
Turbomoose

Postby Alterus » 28 Jan 2017, 14:46

Description: Welcome to the Fold does not work. The log says I gained control of the target creature, but it stays on the AI's half of the field, and I cannot use it in combat or otherwise.
Alterus

Postby friarsol » 28 Jan 2017, 23:38

Alterus wrote:Description: Welcome to the Fold does not work. The log says I gained control of the target creature, but it stays on the AI's half of the field, and I cannot use it in combat or otherwise.
Did you meat the condition of the card? The target can only have a certain amount of toughness
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Alterus » 29 Jan 2017, 18:34

friarsol wrote:
Alterus wrote:Description: Welcome to the Fold does not work. The log says I gained control of the target creature, but it stays on the AI's half of the field, and I cannot use it in combat or otherwise.
Did you meat the condition of the card? The target can only have a certain amount of toughness
I thought I did... but now I recall it was a 3/3 creature. It's just that I was really inattentive with the madness mechanic. For that, I am sorry.

However, then it seems like a different bug. Forge allowed me to play Welcome to the Fold from my hand for its madness cost, XUU, target 3/3 and thus pay 3UU. Then, as stated above, it resolved and the log said that the creature is now under my control, which wasn't the case - the spell just did nothing

On that, I'm sure.
Alterus

Postby Turbomoose » 01 Feb 2017, 18:07

Infect opponent had groundswell and two rancor in hand that they never played on their blighted agent for 3 turns. Any of the three would have been lethal.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Turbomoose

Postby goonjamin » 02 Feb 2017, 18:49

This is on the most recent Android release.
The AI plays Ghost Quarter then sacrifices it to destroy one of my tapped basic lands. This then gives me an untapped basic land and them one less land. Would it not be better to limit this to only destroy non basic lands or just keep it as a mana source?
goonjamin

Postby Marek14 » 02 Feb 2017, 19:20

goonjamin wrote:This is on the most recent Android release.
The AI plays Ghost Quarter then sacrifices it to destroy one of my tapped basic lands. This then gives me an untapped basic land and them one less land. Would it not be better to limit this to only destroy non basic lands or just keep it as a mana source?
As advanced strategies, AI could prioritize Ghost Quarter when opponent's searching capabilities are reduced (by something like Mindlock Orb, though Aven Mindcensor is probably not enough to stop Ghost Quarter), or when opponent has very low library count (like, less than 10 cards) -- I've seen some mill decks that used Ghost Quarter because opponent either loses mana or loses one card from library.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Gingum21 » 12 Feb 2017, 13:54

Last night the AI used Mind over Matter to tap a bunch of my stuff, however it was during its own turn so all my tapped permanents just untapped and the AI was left with an empty hand. Timing of the use of MoM would be great. Also in the same deck the AI typically uses Tezzeret the Seeker to just find artifact lands and that's it...kinda not the point of Seeker imo.
Gingum21

PreviousNext

Return to Forge