It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:18

Text Size

How does the deck building AI work ?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

How does the deck building AI work ?

Postby Voda » 01 Feb 2017, 16:16

Hi dear Forge community,

As this is my first post in this forum I must start by thanking you all for all the works put in this incredible software, I am having a looooot of fun with it currently (especially in quest mode - and I have a lot of questions about it, but let me preserve them for later). I am learning a lot of things about how it works, as I am willing to help in the development one day... maybe... when I feel ready.

BUT for today let me just ask a simple question that didn't find a response while I was reading the forum :

How does the deck building AI work ? (or can someone point me toward a place I can learn more about it ?)

Let me be more precise : I've experienced the AI deck building skill while battling against it in draft and sealed mode, and I am pretty impressed as other mtg engines don't seem to have such automatic deck-building thing (and also because I've lost against it many times :mrgreen: ). Is there a way to use it outside the software ? Like, let's say I have a sealed pool, and I want to quickly see what the AI can come up with it. How far can it be pushed ? How would it react to larger than usual pool of cards (>90) ?

One of my ending goal is to have the deck building AI brewing decks from my quest pool (not that big currently - 500 cards) to have an opponent to play against. Do you think it could work well enough ?

Thank you for your response !

And sorry if I should have post this in an other thread...

PS : please apologize for my bad English... I am trying a lot of grammatical structures that I don't master :)
Voda

Re: How does the deck building AI work ?

Postby friarsol » 02 Feb 2017, 01:34

There isn't a way to use it outside the software without extracting the methodology that's used:

Basically as long as there is a ranking for the pool of cards (most common with drafted/sealed pools), the deck builder works pretty well. We get our rankings from multiple different sources.

Here's the main file that does the magic
http://svn.slightlymagic.net/websvn/fil ... ilder.java
friarsol
Global Moderator

Return to Forge