It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:58

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.21 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.21 SOFTWARE

Postby Cryptic Bore » 22 Feb 2017, 23:41

Another Multiplayer bug. could be a server related bug.
Someone disconnected from an EDH game i cant remeber if it was him conceding or closed xmage. After that we proceded as normal but then i think a turn or two later xmage gave the player who left priority again out of no where he did not reconnect. On top of this the he has lost came up again in chat for holding priority way to long but the game still refused to pass priority to me or the other player who was still playing.

Game log: http://pastebin.com/g08T39wJ

EDIT: Could be unrelated/another bug but i just had a game where someone conceded while i was selecting a land of a noyan trigger from casting path to exile and i couldnt select a land and the game got stuck again.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Remember to click the thanks on posts that either help or that you like :)
Cryptic Bore

Postby BlackWyvern » 23 Feb 2017, 03:25

Cryptic Bore wrote:
jeffwadsworth wrote:
I fixed both. Next version of XMage will make it all good.
Awesome

Another bug: People always say rollbacks are broken in EDH but i havnt seen bug reports posted on here. i could of missed them but one of the common occurrences is infinite turns where one player after a rollback gets to play out there turn but everyone elses is skipped through. giving the appearance of infinite turns even though the other turns are still happening each player but one cant interact on their own turns. I agreed to the roll back esp since it was just him and me and even asked my own to see if we can get it to occur again.

The game log is here: http://pastebin.com/Lw725wtU
This keeps getting reported, but seemingly to no avail. Performing a rollback where one or more players have their skip enabled will permanently disable their ability to play their turn. Advancing the turn and then performing a rollback without skips set seems to have about a 50% chance of processing correctly, otherwise it'll go back to preventing turns. Changing one's skip setting does not correct this, and the effect persists through games. The only solution is to close the room and restart.
BlackWyvern

Postby Cryptic Bore » 23 Feb 2017, 03:37

i haven't seen it reported as i said. i have seen people say they no its broken in xmage chat but haven't read it ever on the forums and what you said doesn't change that its a bug or that it still needs to be fixed.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Cryptic Bore

Postby jeffwadsworth » 23 Feb 2017, 15:40

BlackWyvern wrote:This keeps getting reported, but seemingly to no avail. Performing a rollback where one or more players have their skip enabled will permanently disable their ability to play their turn. Advancing the turn and then performing a rollback without skips set seems to have about a 50% chance of processing correctly, otherwise it'll go back to preventing turns. Changing one's skip setting does not correct this, and the effect persists through games. The only solution is to close the room and restart.
If a dev knows how to fix the issue, it will get fixed. If not, it won't.

LevelX: If devs would know how to reproduce it, it would be fixed.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby Cryptic Bore » 23 Feb 2017, 23:38

Right clicking and adding to stack doesnt seem to work for every card. ie mesmeric orb works just fine however lazav and grave betrayal and i believe other cards do not get added to the stack automatically even after right clicking and selecting so.
Cryptic Bore

Postby c001357 » 24 Feb 2017, 00:26

error in set legality in historic type 2: 1st standard should be revised(3ed), the dark, fallen empires, then the dark, fallen empires, 4ed, and so on. small issue for a niche format, but one i hope is changed soon!

edit: the deck checker seems to be outdated and needs to reflect current standard rotation as well
Last edited by c001357 on 24 Feb 2017, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
c001357

Postby jeffwadsworth » 24 Feb 2017, 17:17

Cryptic Bore wrote:Right clicking and adding to stack doesnt seem to work for every card. ie mesmeric orb works just fine however lazav and grave betrayal and i believe other cards do not get added to the stack automatically even after right clicking and selecting so.
"adding to the stack"? Are you talking about casting it? Please give a specific example of what you are trying to do with the right-click.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby jeffwadsworth » 24 Feb 2017, 17:23

Dynamo345 wrote:i will make this quick.

a lot of enter the battlefield abilities for stuff is not activating fix it

and please please please fix the rollback glitch.
Please leave specific examples of "enter the battlefield abilities" that are not working. Also, don't look a gift horse in the mouth is one of my favorite expressions.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby XMstrider » 24 Feb 2017, 20:13

Reclamation Sage: the Oracle text says "When Reclamation Sage enters the battlefield, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment."

When my Rec Sage entered the field, I had two enchantments in play and my opponent had none. However, Xmage asked me to select an enchantment or artifact target. There is no option to refuse. At this point I conceded. If I had chosen one of my enchantments, would I have been given the option to not destroy the target?
Last edited by XMstrider on 24 Feb 2017, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
XMstrider

Postby XMstrider » 24 Feb 2017, 20:25

Veteran Explorer: when the Vet died, the trigger to search library for lands did not happen. It's as if the two Goblin Lackey triggers caused the Vet trigger to disappear:

20:40: astromodius attacks with 5 creatures
20:40: Attacker: Goblin Lackey [4c0] (2/2) unblocked 20:40: Attacker: Goblin Lackey [084] (2/2) unblocked
20:40: Attacker: Goblin Ringleader [80a] (3/3) blocked by Veteran Explorer [c6a] (1/1)
20:40: Attacker: Stingscourger [944] (3/3) blocked by Deathrite Shaman [adb] (1/2)
20:40: Attacker: Goblin Chieftain [0bc] (2/2) unblocked
20:40: Hmmm_Really activates: exile target creature card from a graveyard. You gain 2 life. from Deathrite Shaman [adb] targeting Krenko, Mob Boss [94a]
20:40: Hmmm_Really moves Krenko, Mob Boss [94a] from graveyard to the exile zone
20:40: Hmmm_Really gains 2 life
20:40: Hmmm_Really loses 2 life
20:40: Goblin Ringleader [80a] deals 3 damage to Veteran Explorer [c6a]
20:40: Stingscourger [944] deals 3 damage to Deathrite Shaman [adb]
20:40: Veteran Explorer [c6a] deals 1 damage to Goblin Ringleader [80a]
20:40: Deathrite Shaman [adb] deals 1 damage to Stingscourger [944]
20:40: Deathrite Shaman [adb] died
20:40: Ability triggers: Goblin Lackey [4c0] - Whenever Goblin Lackey [4c0] deals damage to a player, you may put a Goblin permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield.
20:40: Ability triggers: Veteran Explorer [c6a] - When Veteran Explorer [c6a] dies, each player may search his or her library for up to two basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield. Then each player who searched his or her library this way shuffles it.
20:40: Veteran Explorer [c6a] died
20:40: Ability triggers: Goblin Lackey [084] - Whenever Goblin Lackey [084] deals damage to a player, you may put a Goblin permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield.
20:40: Hmmm_Really searches his or her library (No, I didn't!! We weren't offered the choice.)
20:41: astromodius searches his or her library (No, he/she didn't!!)
20:41: astromodius's library is shuffled (dunno if this happened)
20:41: Hmmm_Really's library is shuffled (dunno if this happened)
XMstrider

Postby faanta » 24 Feb 2017, 21:01

Situation: Meren of Clan Nel Toth on the battlefield, Shriekmaw in the graveyard, I have around 10 XP counters, it is the end of the turn and Meren's trigger goes on the stack, targeting the Shriekmaw.

Shriekmaw's ETB triggers go on the stack, destroy a target creature and then kill my Shriekmaw - as if was evoked

Code: Select all
21:22: Ability triggers: Meren of Clan Nel Toth [4eb] - At the beginning of your end step, choose target creature card in your graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters you have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into your hand. - targeting Shriekmaw [f88]
21:22: Meren of Clan Nel Toth: Shriekmaw put onto battlefield for faanta
21:22: Ability triggers: Shriekmaw [f88] - When Shriekmaw [f88] enters the battlefield, destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature. - targeting Verdant Force [72e]
21:22: Ability triggers: Shriekmaw [f88] - Sacrifice Shriekmaw [f88] when it enters the battlefield and was evoked.
21:22: faanta sacrificed Shriekmaw [f88]
faanta

Postby Doctor Weird » 24 Feb 2017, 21:23

XMstrider wrote:Reclamation Sage: the Oracle text says "When Reclamation Sage enters the battlefield, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment."

When my Rec Sage entered the field, I had two enchantments in play and my opponent had none. However, Xmage asked me to select an enchantment or artifact target. There is no option to refuse. At this point I conceded. If I had chosen one of my enchantments, would I have been given the option to not destroy the target?
Destroying the target on resolution is optional, but picking a target as the ability goes on the stack, so long as there is a valid one, is not. In sum, you shouldn't have conceded, you had to pick a target, but you didn't have to destroy it.
Doctor Weird

Postby XMstrider » 24 Feb 2017, 22:31

Doctor Weird wrote:
XMstrider wrote:Reclamation Sage: the Oracle text says "When Reclamation Sage enters the battlefield, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment."

Destroying the target on resolution is optional, but picking a target as the ability goes on the stack, so long as there is a valid one, is not. In sum, you shouldn't have conceded, you had to pick a target, but you didn't have to destroy it.
Ah, OK. Many thanks. I guess the UI is a little counter-intuitive but once you know that, then you know that :-)
XMstrider

Postby owlcavestudios » 25 Feb 2017, 00:26

Playing against AI: Computer - MAD with xMage 1.4.21V2

Arc Blade - whether I hard cast this spell or suspend it, after it finally resolves, it just goes into exile with no time counters on it. Once it resolves, it is supposed to be exiled with 3 time counters on it to start the countdown over again.
owlcavestudios

Postby Cryptic Bore » 25 Feb 2017, 01:39

jeffwadsworth wrote:
Cryptic Bore wrote:Right clicking and adding to stack doesnt seem to work for every card. ie mesmeric orb works just fine however lazav and grave betrayal and i believe other cards do not get added to the stack automatically even after right clicking and selecting so.
"adding to the stack"? Are you talking about casting it? Please give a specific example of what you are trying to do with the right-click.
Sorry for my bad english what i was talking about, is when you have alot of trigger that get added to teh stack and it asks you what order you want to put them on the stack and you can right click and add this abilty to the stack always first or last and then it all of the ones that are hitting the stack in any order of the same trigger.
Cryptic Bore

PreviousNext

Return to XMage