It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:34

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.21 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.21 SOFTWARE

Postby dovefromhell » 25 Feb 2017, 13:27

people leaving xmage without conceding while they have priority makes the game get stuck
dovefromhell

Postby boomerangkevin » 25 Feb 2017, 20:02

Hi,

Shining Shoal appears to be broken.
Opponent cast firespout.
I had 2 Blade Splicers and 2 Golems out.
I cast Shining Shoal with alternative cost pitching Flickerwisp, hoping to prevent 3 damage to save the 2 Golems and deal 3 damage to opponent.
No damage was prevented and no damage was dealt to opponent.

Thanks for your help and thanks for your work on Xmage - its great!

Kevin

jeffwadsworth: Well, it works with spells now, but the ability of the controller to distribute the damage is not done yet. Time will tell.
boomerangkevin

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.21 SOFTWARE NullpointerException

Postby qwe » 25 Feb 2017, 23:38

I got a java Nullpointer exception while nekusars triggered ability (deal 1 damage) was resolving.
This happened just after a player left the game, so maybe nekusars triggered ability does not check if the player is still there, or something like that. Maybe it is also important that the player is at 1 life, so it would have been the 1 lethal damage.

Unbenannt.png

jeffwadsworth: It would help to have the null pointer log itself. Another check to verify the player is actually in the game was added just to cover that base.
Last edited by qwe on 25 Feb 2017, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
qwe

Postby ChewiTeb » 25 Feb 2017, 23:39

Engulfing Slagwurm didn't kill a creature blocking it, instead they fought each other (or it seems so, because the 9/9 creature that was blocking it had 7 points of damage marked in it, while the Wurm died).
Thanks for everything you do to improve this software!.

jeffwadsworth: The game log is really needed for this one. What was the 9/9 creature? What else was in effect/on the board?
ChewiTeb

Postby SnowOona » 26 Feb 2017, 07:07

A player leaving an EDH match by directly exiting xmage without conceding makes the game stuck for everyone else(ocasionally even conceding before exiting will make the game stuck). This happens like always. The following error is shown:

Code: Select all
Game exception occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException
Server version: 1.4.21V2
mage.server.User.fireCallback(User.java:240)
mage.server.game.GameSessionWatcher.lambda$gameError$4(GameSessionWatcher.java:116)
java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Optional.java:159)
mage.server.game.GameSessionWatcher.gameError(GameSessionWatcher.java:116)
mage.server.game.GameController.error(GameController.java:856)
mage.server.game.GameController.lambda$init$3aa0d15c$1(GameController.java:169)
mage.game.events.EventDispatcher.fireEvent(EventDispatcher.java:56)
mage.game.events.TableEventSource.fireTableEvent(TableEventSource.java:79)
mage.game.GameImpl.fireErrorEvent(GameImpl.java:2233)
mage.game.GameImpl.playPriority(GameImpl.java:1350)
mage.game.turn.Step.priority(Step.java:87)
mage.game.turn.Phase.playStep(Phase.java:210)
mage.game.turn.Phase.play(Phase.java:115)
mage.game.turn.Turn.play(Turn.java:152)
mage.game.GameImpl.playTurn(GameImpl.java:862)
mage.game.GameImpl.play(GameImpl.java:771)
mage.game.GameImpl.start(GameImpl.java:735)
mage.server.game.GameWorker.call(GameWorker.java:60)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
EDIT: actually this error happens even if the player conceded or time-outed before he closed xmage client.
SnowOona

Postby rayzoredge » 27 Feb 2017, 04:39

Not sure if these count as bugs or not.

- When playing Howling Mine or other cards that cause additional card draws, the AI seems to take much longer during phases. This is compounded with multiple AIs... to the point where the game is unplayable between phases for minutes at a time.

- When playing Rhystic Study, the AI stops playing spells completely, presumably to not let me draw cards.

jeffwadsworth: The AI is like some dummy you picked up on the road to a Magic tournament. I would not recommend playing "complex" spells and interactions with it.
rayzoredge

Activating Non-Mana Abilities of Lands

Postby DarkProphet77 » 27 Feb 2017, 17:50

I cannot activate non-mana abilities of lands. My opponents seem to have no problem doing so. I have the most recent update of X-Mage and have even reinstalled the software. What problem might I be having.

Fireshoes: Right-click on the battlefield area and de-select the option to use a land's first mana ability automatically. Reactivate when you want faster mana-tapping access.
DarkProphet77

Postby Vampierce » 28 Feb 2017, 04:51

When playing against a human, two games in a row I casted Scapeshift and upon attempting to sacrifice my lands xmage would not allow me to sacrifice all of them it would only select 7 out of 8 the first time and 6 out of 8 the second time.
Vampierce

Postby Grahf » 28 Feb 2017, 12:50

Stone Haven Outfiter ability triggers always when any one creature died, not only under my control.

jeffwadsworth: Fixed with 1.4.22V0.
Grahf

Postby XMstrider » 28 Feb 2017, 16:14

Sphere of Safety: "Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays X for each of those creatures, where X is the number of enchantments you control."

My opponent had Sphere on the field. When I moved to the attack phase, I wasn't given the option to pay 2 mana for each attacking creature (he/she had 2 enchantments) and so the attack phase was skipped. Shouldn't I be given the option to pay any costs like, say, Tabernacle? Does Elephant Grass work this way also?

16:55: Neopard puts Sphere of Safety [7af] from stack onto the Battlefield

16:55: Turn 23 Hmmm_Really (12 - 21)
16:55: Hmmm_Really draws a card
16:55: Hmmm_Really casts Sensei's Divining Top [511]
16:55: Hmmm_Really puts Sensei's Divining Top [511] from stack onto the Battlefield
16:56: Hmmm_Really attacks with 0 creatures

jeffwadsworth: Did you select "All Attack" or did you try to select each creature you wanted to attack? If you did select All Attack, it will pass it by.

XMstrider: Um, I can't remember. Possibly I did. But shouldn't the game logic ask me if I want to pay for each creature, one by one, just like Tabernacle does?
XMstrider

Postby lm7k » 28 Feb 2017, 23:58

Hi,

in the version 1.4.21v2 DECLARATION IN THE STONE does not work OK, if you have 1, 2, 3 or 4 or more creatures with same name. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO use it.

Any Solution? Any patch?

Best regards

Leonardo

LevelX: Fixed with 1.4.22V0.
lm7k

Postby cheddarsuave » 01 Mar 2017, 23:58

Encountered a situation with a failure of the "fizzling" process.

What happened was my opponent had an Atraxa, Praetors' Voice and a Walking Ballista with 2 counters in play. On my turn, I cast Flame Slash targeting Atraxa and holding priority, then I cast Dualcaster Mage. I change the target of the Flame Slash copy to Walking Ballista. My opponent removes the counters from Ballista to kill a 2/2 creature of mine. Game log says both Flame Slashes fizzle, and Atraxa ends up still being in play at the end of it all. Only the Flame Slash targeting Walking Ballista should have fizzled.
cheddarsuave

Postby MeyerEmpire » 02 Mar 2017, 08:59

Running into issue with Collective Brutality against human opponent. If I cast with escalate (discarding 2 cards) and using all 3 modes, it will show the opponent's hand in the box in the lower right hand corner however not give me the option to choose one (even though there is multiple targets). We tried to rollback multiple times and issue would be the same each time. Eventually my opponent conceded and froze the game so no gamelog was produced.

jeffwadsworth: I tried several times to reproduce this error and could not. Please keep the game log for next time.
MeyerEmpire

Postby Athelas » 02 Mar 2017, 10:26

Tamiyo, Field Researcher emblem doesn't work on all types of mana. When playing Reality Smasher game still forced me to pay <>. Minor bug, but a bug still.

This was fixed by ImperatorPrime and will be in the next release.
Athelas

Postby Ragdalf » 02 Mar 2017, 13:49

Hi,

In a multiplayer game, if Grasp of Fate’s owner leaves the game, the exiled cards don't return to the battlefield.

The one-shot effect that returns the cards isn’t an ability that goes on the stack, it won’t cease to exist along with the leaving player’s spells and abilities on the stack.

jeffwadsworth: Fixed with 1.4.22V0.
Ragdalf

PreviousNext

Return to XMage