It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:01

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby Cryptic Bore » 25 Feb 2017, 01:31

spjspj wrote:
Cryptic Bore wrote:adding a fast tap/pay option to lands. you click the button or the short cut key a window pops up and asks for a number of the colours your able to make but also displays the max amount of mana you can create for each colour.
you can tick to add non basic lands and artifacts to the equation. and it taps all of the above accordingly.

Chromatic lantern could benefit from the above aswell but at least needs to be given AI support if the above isnt implemented. at least when paying somthing basiclands should tap automatically for the right colour when you click it when a card like chromatic lantern is in play. Currently you have to click the land and then click again between 2 options. In commander it gets quite absurd and long winded to cast anything with chromatic lantern or similar cards in play.
I actually made a change a few weeks back for this scenario. Having Chromatic Lantern and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth out in edh make it a pita to tap lands quickly (which is where the 'tap for first mana ability' came from as an initial solution). It should be slightly easier beyond 1.4.21v2
was that change if only both are out?
Thats awesome if you have ive been playing most days since then as you can see from the bug report posts what did you change exactly: any improvement is greatly appreciated. maybe your fix isnt working on my end or is it an option i have to enable. somthing even like how the duel lands even tap for the right mana automaticaly when you cast aspell would be great for the basics and utiltiy lands that dont tap for mana while having chromatic lantern out.

Etherway keep up the fantastic work <3
_________________________________________________________________________________
Remember to click the thanks on posts that either help or that you like :)
Cryptic Bore

Postby Cryptic Bore » 25 Feb 2017, 03:28

Another GUI improvement is in relation to the stack as currently its hard to see quickly and effectivly which card is reffering to other cards on the stack aswell as graveyards. etc. hivemind and a counter or killspell while tokens are on the field or even just multiple counters on the stack can be hard to see which spell is countering what.

To resolve this issue i came up with the following:
if you hover over a card on the stack that the cards that interact with it are one colour and targets of the card your hovering over are another colour and any cards that arent in veiw (ie graveyards, exile) are are displayed in a row above the stack and highlighted the same way. the tool tip or picture of the card your hovering over is pushed to the left.or right of the rows as to not cover anything up. if alot of cards are in ether row they will will slowly scroll behind the card your mouse is hovering over so you can see all the interactions to look at. this would help when i play lazav to see what i could copy and what the copy does.

As a less complete solution for the likes of lazav and a few other cards or in conjuction with the above suggestion have Who controls what spell or ability be written on top of the cards contained in the stack and the row above and the cards tooltips.

In terms of the stack the preview or tooltip that appears

Im sorry i may of used spell, card ,or ability slightly interchangeably here. but basically anything that hits the stack
_________________________________________________________________________________
Cryptic Bore

Postby spjspj » 25 Feb 2017, 13:01

Cryptic Bore wrote:
spjspj wrote:
Cryptic Bore wrote:adding a fast tap/pay option to lands. It should be slightly easier beyond 1.4.21v2
was that change if only both are out?
It's in the version beyond 1.4.21v2. So basically the next release. And it tries to pick a basic land ability if the land only has basic land abilities + TapAnyColorManaAbility.
spjspj

Postby Cryptic Bore » 25 Feb 2017, 18:21

When your mind skips key words. well thanks for your then and i wonder about your thoughts my other ideas then
Cryptic Bore

Postby SnowOona » 27 Feb 2017, 14:49

Seeing you are doing some work on the EDH table restrictions i would suggest this as a good way to restrict certain decks:

- Average Converted Mana Cost of the deck greater than X (e.g. 2.5)

As this will very well dictate the tempo of the game.
SnowOona

Problem with AI behavior when Forgotten Ancient is in play

Postby lozenge » 01 Mar 2017, 01:59

I was going to post this in the bug report thread but I don't think it's necessarily a bug and this is a much more appropriate place for it.

This is kinda silly. When Forgotten Ancient is on the battlefield the AI players completely refuse to play any spells at all. They just go through their turns not doing anything (except possibly attacking if they have creatures on the battlefield.) I know they don't want to help me end up with a giant creature but I'll just win anyway because I'm the only one actually playing.

I have played hundreds of games with the paper card against seasoned MTG players and while they might limit excessive spell casting under certain situations, they general just continue playing as normal knowing that they are giving me a lot of +1/+1 counters and adjust their strategy accordingly, yet every game I've played against AI in xmage my computer opponents still outright refuse to play spells as long as Forgotten Ancient is on the battlefield. Each of these games I had won simply because the AI just wasn't playing... You can't win if you don't cast spells...
lozenge

Postby timmermac » 11 Mar 2017, 13:35

This looks interesting. Are there plans to make it available for Android?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby LevelX » 11 Mar 2017, 17:24

timmermac wrote:This looks interesting. Are there plans to make it available for Android?
No, maybe if one time standard java is supported on Android.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby BlackWyvern » 14 Mar 2017, 19:03

A way to quit the game you're in and lost without having to disconnect from server, or close client. Atleast, I couldn't find a way to do it.

Votekick and locally store banlists for players who are degenerates or routinely abuse deck mechanics to troll.
BlackWyvern

Re: Feedback / Suggestions. House Rules?

Postby Br0kenSkies » 23 Mar 2017, 01:48

A feature I've really wanted in Xmage is the ability to apply "House Rules" to EDH tables. Example; I came up with the idea of being able to use any nonlegendary mythic rare creature as a commander. Being able to change what can be accepted as a commander, what cards you want to restrict from your tables, the ability to mess with the ban list, this can all be under "House Rules" in table options. What do you guys think?
Br0kenSkies

Postby RivenSkull » 24 Mar 2017, 03:22

Something that has been problematic is the inability to cancel an action in anyway without selecting a target, making a misclick (say mistakenly activating Trading Post's "sacrifice a creature" ability without an artifact in the graveyard) basically lock you out of the game until you time out and get kicked for idling.
RivenSkull

Postby BlackWyvern » 24 Mar 2017, 07:22

Showing EDH Power Level of cards via an overlay in the deck editor with an optional checkbox, or the overall power level of your deck that is unobtrusive, but always shown.
BlackWyvern

Postby quod » 04 Apr 2017, 09:03

Would be awesome if you added Planechase format. There are official rules for this and format itself looks really fun.
quod

Postby gfauxpas » 07 Apr 2017, 21:08

I'd like to suggest a friends list a block list.

A friends list so you can find people you like playing with.

A block list so you can avoid playing with people you don't want to play with.
gfauxpas

Postby spjspj » 18 Apr 2017, 01:35

@gfauxpas - This has been implemented since 1.4.22v0 I think.
Use this style of command in the main chat (possibly any chat):
Code: Select all
\ignore [username] - add a username to your ignore list on this server.
\unignore [username] - remove a username from your ignore list on this server.
spjspj

PreviousNext

Return to XMage