It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:51

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.21 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.21 SOFTWARE

Postby patbou » 02 Mar 2017, 17:38

Gonti's Machination : Opponent activated it, and killed my Planeswalker after being prompted to redirect the damage to it. This is a life loss effect, and cannot be redirected at Planeswalkers (only damage can). Please fix. Thanks. :)

jeffwadsworth: How did your opponent redirect the "loss of life"? Do you have the game log?
patbou

Postby drkain » 03 Mar 2017, 06:22

When I'm playing agains a bot (mad), if he casts Snapcaster Mage and flashbacks Lightning Bolt, the game clock freezes
drkain

Postby MeyerEmpire » 03 Mar 2017, 18:52

I had Huntmaster of the Fells in play. Opponent had Eldrazi Displacer. Huntmaster triggered to transform during my opponent's upkeep. While this was on stack, my opponent used Displacer's ability targeting Huntmaster. That ability resolved and Huntmaster still transformed like it never left the battlefield.

jeffwadsworth: Confirmed and added to the bug list. The permanent's unique id is the same when it comes back into the battlefield, and it should be a new object which would cause the effect on the stack to fizzle.
MeyerEmpire

Postby lozenge » 04 Mar 2017, 10:05

I am unable to block a creature with menace (this creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures) because you pick a blocker and attacker one at a time and because of menace it says you can't block because you're only blocking with one creature (at a time.)

This has cost me multiple games so far

jeffwadsworth: Please post the creature with Menace that you were trying to block. Works fine here using Alley Strangler.
lozenge

Postby Xartah » 04 Mar 2017, 15:24

EDH game. I had a Bladewing the Risen in play that had two +1/+1 counters on it along with a Crucible of Fire. It is a 9/9. My opponent uses Island of Wak-Wak on it and it turns into a 5/14 creature. It should turn into a 5/9. No reason it should get the five extra toughness it did. The effect was the same over multiple uses of the island.

jeffwadsworth: Fixed with 1.4.22V0.
Xartah

Postby Olo » 06 Mar 2017, 00:15

When attempting to download card images from the magiccards site, commander's arsenal card images are broken. Xmage is requesting them with the set code 'CM1' where it should be 'CMA'. Similarly Starter '99 is currently 'S00' instead of 'S99', Portal second age is currently 'P02' instead of 'po2'. The masterpiece series is weird because of how they are handling them across sets so the inventions are now 'MPSKLD' instead of just 'MPS'. I don't know how that will look going forward.
Olo

Postby rudyards » 06 Mar 2017, 19:32

Bug with Selvala, Heart of the Wilds. The ability should trigger whenever a creature enters the battlefield, whether it is the greatest power or not, and thus can be responded to with pump spells. Right now, the ability behaves as if there is an intervening "if clause", checking to see if it should trigger.

Fixed with 1.4.22V0

Additionally, if you could reformat Selvala, HotW mana ability to work more like Manamorphose, that would be ideal. Right now, the color selection for each individual mana generated is time consuming and slows down games.
rudyards

Postby TripleNipple » 07 Mar 2017, 00:25

Hi devs,

Twice now randomly during a game of standard, the game's "DONE" bar that passes priority has vanished while I have priority. In game I've tried to rollback and use the skips. None of these work. The game-state just freezes up while my clock ticks down. I'll post the examples I have. I have no real clues as to what has caused this other than Gideon was in play.

Thank you!
Attachments
Example 2.JPG
No Done Bar.JPG
TripleNipple

Postby lleat10 » 07 Mar 2017, 02:11

Hello Devs,

When I connect to localhost, an old game that I started with AI appears in the lobby without an option to join, and if I try to host another AI game the whole program freezes indefinitely. Other servers I start without AI seem to work fine. I'll attach a screencap of the localhost lobby.
Attachments
Bug Report.PNG
lleat10

Postby Tacoghandi » 07 Mar 2017, 05:06

My opponent had a Liliana, the Last Hope on the battlefield with 1 loyalty counter on it. I attempted to us a targeted destruction card on a creature he controlled and he used Heroic Intervention giving all he permanents Hexproof and Indestructible. I then moved to my attack step and found that when declaring attackers it would ask my to choose a Player or Planeswalker. I found that I could not attack the Liliana. I was able to choose the player and and then click the creature to remove and declare attack again and still could not choose Liliana.

jeffwadsworth: Good catch. Amazing this was never brought up before. Fixed in the next release by Imperator Prime.
Tacoghandi

Postby catman123456 » 08 Mar 2017, 14:31

I used Choice Of Damnations and got this error message.

jeffwadsworth: The AI shouldn't even be using this. It has no clue as to what number to use.

Imperator: Even so, the code in that stack trace is broken. A random number is odd; a random number outside the range that the card gave it is broken.
Attachments
error.txt
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
catman123456

Postby austinio7116 » 10 Mar 2017, 12:05

Hi,

First post, so sorry if this has already been covered and I missed it. I've been playing against the AI (which is already pretty impressive) and noticed some issues when dealing with creatures that "may" put tokens on other creatures when they enter the battlefield. I have been testing the GB counters deck for example and specifically whenever Verderous Gearhulk is played by the MAD AI it chooses not to put counters on anything.

p.s. I'm a Java developer with a computer vision AI background - so wouldn't mind poking around in netbeans if you could point me in the right direction. Can't say I'm much of an expert in game theory though.

jeffwadsworth: The "AI" is very basic and if you can improve it, please do. The "MAD" code is pretty convoluted and horribly documented. It is based mostly in ComputerPlayer6 and ComputerPlayer7.
austinio7116

Postby austinio7116 » 10 Mar 2017, 23:03

Is the MAD code an extension of Minimax, or a completely different algorithm?
austinio7116

Postby Kazistrasz » 11 Mar 2017, 04:32

Playing vs human - Modern.

Opponent played Blood Moon.

Next turn I cast Spreading Seas on a Scalding Tarn.

Xmage never registered turning the Scalding Tarn into an Island.

Both effects operate in Layer 4 (type-changing effects). Neither is a characteristic-defining ability, and neither effect would interrupt the other (see: Blood Moon vs. Urborg) to create a dependency, so you apply them in time-stamp order. Blood Moon first, then Spreading Seas.

Rules:

613.1d Layer 4: Type-changing effects are applied. These include effects that change an object’s
card type, subtype, and/or supertype.

613.2. Within layers 1–6, apply effects from characteristic-defining abilities first (see rule 604.3), then
all other effects in timestamp order (see rule 613.6). Note that dependency may alter the order in
which effects are applied within a layer. (See rule 613.7.)

613.7. Within a layer or sublayer, determining which order effects are applied in is sometimes done
using a dependency system. If a dependency exists, it will override the timestamp system.

613.7a An effect is said to “depend on” another if (a) it’s applied in the same layer (and, if
applicable, sublayer) as the other effect (see rules 613.1 and 613.3); (b) applying the other
would change the text or the existence of the first effect, what it applies to, or what it does to
any of the things it applies to; and (c) neither effect is from a characteristic-defining ability or
both effects are from characteristic
Kazistrasz

Previous

Return to XMage