It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:37

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Xitax » 12 Feb 2017, 02:41

Could the deck importer be updated to use various versions of basic lands similar to the auto land function?
Xitax

Postby Alterus » 12 Feb 2017, 17:39

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, at this point, it seems that the distribution of foils in the quest is random for each match of three - so in match A, your card might be a foil, and in match B, that same card isn't.

It would've been nice if you could actually get some permanently foil cards in your quest collection randomly from the boosters. These cards should also have a higher selling price in the spell shop.
Alterus

Postby Xyx » 15 Feb 2017, 20:41

Can we get a better interface for Sylvan Library? I can't figure out the order in which cards get put back. Sometimes it's the first one that gets selected and sometimes the second one. Is it the order in which they were drawn? I keep messing up.

EDIT: It's the order in which the cards were drawn, right? What if I want to put them back in a different order?
Xyx
Tester

Postby ctmorling » 04 Mar 2017, 02:20

I love playing constructed gauntlets against the level 3 quest decks. Once I've built my gauntlet, I wish I could play against it in a random order. When I copy the gauntlet to try a different deck, it copies the order, and with ~200 level 3 quest decks it takes a long time to change the order.
ctmorling

Postby schnautzr » 05 Mar 2017, 15:16

Problem: It's difficult to tell who owns a card in a multiplayer game.

Solution: Allow players to use "sleeved" cards by adding a second colored border to cards.

Additional developments: 1) With sleeved cards, auras could be placed in the appropriate battlefields, thereby eliminating the need for targeting arcs. 2) Custom card backs could be used per player, making it easier to tell who owns a face-down card.
schnautzr

Postby Seravy » 04 Apr 2017, 12:20

schnautzr wrote:Problem: It's difficult to tell who owns a card in a multiplayer game.

Solution: Allow players to use "sleeved" cards by adding a second colored border to cards.

Additional developments: 1) With sleeved cards, auras could be placed in the appropriate battlefields, thereby eliminating the need for targeting arcs. 2) Custom card backs could be used per player, making it easier to tell who owns a face-down card.
Great idea! I always considered Auras being separate instead of attached a weird thing - same for Equipment.
Seravy

Postby AuranReign » 10 Apr 2017, 09:28

I would like to request the addition of mulligan variants. I've seen that you include things that used to the standard way of things, like mana burn as an option, and since partial Paris used to be the standard mulligan for commander, I'd like to see it added as an option. My playgroup still uses it, and it would help me test my decks better if I could play them as I would in real life.
AuranReign

Postby Orangewaggs » 19 Apr 2017, 23:10

Is it possible to add filters to the deck builder where you can favorite certain printings of a card and not just the card itself, eg be able to only see the MM Tarmogoyf as a favorite and the Future sight one hidden, as an example?
I could see this as a giant leap but it would be a nice touch, definitely would shorten the search time for building decks.
Orangewaggs

Postby LionRollingCircus » 06 May 2017, 02:22

Hi, the Ertai's Meddling card from Tempest is missing. I don't know if is right to post this here.
LionRollingCircus

Postby Seravy » 06 May 2017, 08:37

Orangewaggs wrote:Is it possible to add filters to the deck builder where you can favorite certain printings of a card and not just the card itself, eg be able to only see the MM Tarmogoyf as a favorite and the Future sight one hidden, as an example?
I could see this as a giant leap but it would be a nice touch, definitely would shorten the search time for building decks.
I would like to ask for a "favorite" feature for the quest mode deck editor and shop (as it's only for the normal deck editor), and a filter for "foil cards" would be nice too.

Also, when opening packs, or receiving other rewards, the foil effect on cards is not shown, it should be.
Seravy

Postby jdmoralesp » 07 May 2017, 20:48

Good evening, i was wondering if this feature could be added soon to Forge, since i use the app for registering the changes in my paper edhs, and i've been unable to check my silas renn\akiri deck, it would be great if you add this function to the software.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
jdmoralesp

Postby findingtyranny » 11 Jun 2017, 16:31

Seravy wrote:
Orangewaggs wrote:Is it possible to add filters to the deck builder where you can favorite certain printings of a card and not just the card itself, eg be able to only see the MM Tarmogoyf as a favorite and the Future sight one hidden, as an example?
I would like to ask for a "favorite" feature for the quest mode deck editor and shop (as it's only for the normal deck editor), and a filter for "foil cards" would be nice too.

Also, when opening packs, or receiving other rewards, the foil effect on cards is not shown, it should be.
Of all of the additions I wish they would make to make collecting foils smoother, I agree most with a filter for foil cards. I've opened booster packs en masse because I have nothing else to do and want my decks to have foil lands, it would be neat to be able to filter for them so I can add them to my deck more easily.
findingtyranny

Postby KrazyTheFox » 13 Jun 2017, 05:16

jdmoralesp wrote:Good evening, i was wondering if this feature could be added soon to Forge, since i use the app for registering the changes in my paper edhs, and i've been unable to check my silas renn\akiri deck, it would be great if you add this function to the software.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
To which feature are you referring?

Alterus wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but, at this point, it seems that the distribution of foils in the quest is random for each match of three - so in match A, your card might be a foil, and in match B, that same card isn't.

It would've been nice if you could actually get some permanently foil cards in your quest collection randomly from the boosters. These cards should also have a higher selling price in the spell shop.
I believe there's an option in the settings to randomly apply the foil effect to cards. You want to turn this off and it should behave the way you expect it to.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Alterus » 15 Jun 2017, 16:28

Oh, sorry. I actually did have this option turned on, now it's actually working good, thanks!

Another thing (this time definitely unrelated to settings). Concerning set unlock. Maybe it could be a good idea to make the sets offered for unlocking rotate every several wins, in a similar fashion to the tournaments?

This way the player would be able to choose which set to unlock. Now, for instance, I'm offered either Modern Masters 2017 or Eternal Masters. Although I only wanted to unlock expansions (or, at the very least, core sets), I will have to choose one of the two to proceed with unlocking in the future (or wait for a really long time until a third option appears).

And then there's the issue of what unlocking a set entails and how much it costs. As far as I understand, you get a tournament pack of cards from that set when you unlock, thus the high unlocking price. However, if you play in an environment with the recent sets only (I started with Standard and wanted to unlock more sets as I play), and you use real prices, 4000 credits per set (which is the case with both Masters sets I am offered) is just unreasonable - with the default rewards, you have to gather dozens of wins for a single unlock. (I'm at 45 wins now and only around 2400 credits.)

So maybe it's better not to give any cards (or, say, only give a booster or two) when the set is unlocked - and thus make the price much more affordable? Or have a setting in the preferences that would toggle between the current system (for those who like it) and just unlocking sets without giving you a tournament pack?

This way, there would be a possibility to accelerate sets unlocking for those who want it.
Alterus

Postby Seravy » 15 Jun 2017, 19:00

Instead of rotation, I think a mode where you can pick any set to unlock is better. Possibly with higher prices, the further your set is from your closest already unlocked set.

Also, regarding unlocks. I request an option that prohibits traveling into worlds if your haven't unlocked their sets yet, OR an option that doesn't allow worlds to override your unlocked sets - probably the latter is the better one.
As is, I had to remove all set definitions from the worlds file to make sure I only receive cards form sets I actually should have access to, instead of whatever the world is made from.
It's ridiculous that you can hit travel to earn Beta cards anyway when you just started out with only the Urza block unlocked (or whatever else your pick was), because the worlds will override your unlocks.
Seravy

PreviousNext

Return to Forge