It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:00

Text Size

Forge Beta Release: 02-20-2017 ver. 1.5.60

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta Release: 02-20-2017 ver. 1.5.60

Postby DaniUG » 15 Apr 2017, 20:30

Also found another weird behaviour.
I believe the AI should not play Mwonvuli Ooze in the first turn if only has one land (no moxes and such)
A couple of times AI has done that and the cumulative upkeep kills the Ooze at the beginning of the second turn.
So, not a great play...
Even the smallest spark may set a world ablaze
DaniUG

Postby SIXTY » 17 Apr 2017, 18:46

Hi, guys! What about new version? Or where i may download a snapshotbuild?
Sorry for my bad English :)
SIXTY

Postby friarsol » 18 Apr 2017, 00:28

SIXTY wrote:Hi, guys! What about new version? Or where i may download a snapshotbuild?
New release is planned for the prerelease on Friday.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Seravy » 18 Apr 2017, 13:40

In quest mode, I won one then got draw in the other (earthquake killed both players).
I got the usual "next game" button with the result shown as 1-0 but pressing it put me back to the main menu as though the match was over. (bazaar is off so it's best of 3)
No idea if it was counted as a win or not in the end but I'm pretty sure there should have been another game in this match.
Bug?
Seravy

Postby friarsol » 18 Apr 2017, 15:06

Seravy wrote:In quest mode, I won one then got draw in the other (earthquake killed both players).
I got the usual "next game" button with the result shown as 1-0 but pressing it put me back to the main menu as though the match was over. (bazaar is off so it's best of 3)
No idea if it was counted as a win or not in the end but I'm pretty sure there should have been another game in this match.
Bug?
Yea there's an issue with Draws and Forge, which is why the two cards that can Draw the game haven't been implemented. It shouldn't be too hard to fix, maybe after the new edition is ironed out I'll take a look
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby drislands » 18 Apr 2017, 17:25

Hi, I found an odd interaction involving Contagion Engine and I think Neurok Commando. I had 3 creatures on the field, including a Neurok Commando and Kemba, Kha Regent, and my opponent playing the Ramsey deck played Contagion Engine. It didn't place an -1/-1 counters on my creatures though, with the log saying it failed to target. I'd include a screenshot, but unfortunately the "Report a Bug" dialog froze the whole application when I clicked the "Report" button. I am now doing some tests to see if I can narrow down the issue:

Test 1: Opponent has 6 Swamp in play, 1 Contagion Engine in hand. I have 1 Neurok Commando in play. AI casts Contagion Engine, card functions as it should.

Test 2: Same setup as Test 1, except I also have Kemba, Kha Regent in play. AI casts Contagion Engine, log reports "[Couldn't add to stack, failed to target]".

Test 3: Same setup as Test 1, except I have Kemba, Kha Regent in play and NOT the Neurok Commando. AI casts Contagion Engine, log reports same error as Test 2.

So I guess it seems there's some weird issue with Kemba, Kha Regent then, and not the Neurok Command as I originally thought. I'm attaching a screenshot from Test 3 here.

ETA: In the midst of another game, and the same issue came up, per my second attachment. I didn't have Kemba, Kha Regent in play this time, but I did have Elspeth Tirel. Both last time and this time I was in a Quest with Fantasy mode set; perhaps this is related..?
Attachments
forge error 2.PNG
This shows the same error, though with very different circumstances (and not done in Dev mode).
Forge Error.PNG
This shows the error regarding adding the targeted ability to the stack.
Last edited by drislands on 19 Apr 2017, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
drislands

Postby Seravy » 19 Apr 2017, 15:37

When Pulse of Llanowar is in play, every time I tap a land for mana, the game asks me for a color TWICE when it should do once (I have only one copy of the enchantment and my lands produce 1 mana when tapped).
Furthermore, it disables the "auto" button for paying costs which is extremely inconvenient - to play a 6 mana spell you have to select mana colors 12 times manually.

...erm no it's worse than that.
I just got prompted for a color during the AI's turn without trying to do anything and even if I do pick a color the window just comes back and asks again. I can't continue playing and have to concede the match...except I can't even do that, since the window is blocking the interface.

I guess for the time being I'll remove this card from the set as it pretty much crashes the game.

This card is buggy and I might as well forfeit this tournament - without this card I can't play two of my 3 dragon legends.
Seravy

Postby Seravy » 20 Apr 2017, 00:06

Next bug :
AI casts Assault/Battery which I counter using Prohibit with kicker. Battery has a CMC of 4 and should get countered but did not.
Split cards on the stack count as only the half being played, so the CMC is 4, not 5, unless this rule was changed?
Seravy

Postby drislands » 20 Apr 2017, 00:19

Seravy wrote:Next bug :
AI casts Assault/Battery which I counter using Prohibit with kicker. Battery has a CMC of 4 and should get countered but did not.
Split cards on the stack count as only the half being played, so the CMC is 4, not 5, unless this rule was changed?
This was changed actually, with the release of Amonkhet. I don't know if the rules are meant to apply until the release or not, but it is official. I'd link the article here, but as a new user I can't link to external URLs. You can find the article in question by searching for "split card rules update Amonkhet"; it should be the first result.
drislands

Postby friarsol » 20 Apr 2017, 01:04

drislands wrote:
This was changed actually, with the release of Amonkhet. I don't know if the rules are meant to apply until the release or not, but it is official. I'd link the article here, but as a new user I can't link to external URLs. You can find the article in question by searching for "split card rules update Amonkhet"; it should be the first result.
Amonkhet only changed when split cards weren't on the stack. If it's on the stack it's exactly the same as it has been.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby drislands » 20 Apr 2017, 01:13

friarsol wrote:
drislands wrote:
Amonkhet only changed when split cards weren't on the stack. If it's on the stack it's exactly the same as it has been.
Of course, my mistake. I was a bit too quick to think I had the answer and didn't fully read the post. Thanks for the clarification.
drislands

Postby CokedUpZombie » 20 Apr 2017, 15:45

Forgotten Ancient currently only allows you to select one creature but should allow you to choose any number of creatures.
CokedUpZombie

Postby friarsol » 20 Apr 2017, 18:51

CokedUpZombie wrote:Forgotten Ancient currently only allows you to select one creature but should allow you to choose any number of creatures.
If that's a select box, it might be a multi-select box.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Seravy » 22 Apr 2017, 09:31

When Custodi Squire comes into play, it doesn't seem to notice all the cards the ability could target.
For example I have Conjurer's Bauble in my graveyard and no other cards - there was no voting and I couldn't return any card to my hand.

...also, unless I had extremely bad luck, I think starter/tournament decks in quest mode can no longer have foil cards in them which wasn't the case a few versions ago.
Seravy

Previous

Return to Forge