It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:23

Text Size

Feedback / Suggestions

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feedback / Suggestions

Postby ALPH2 » 18 Apr 2017, 20:12

I believe Convoke used to work like Delve: You click 'special' and you pay mana only after you've finished using the special payment method
Using Triplicate Spirits vs AI i click special, tap one creature, and xmage forces me to repeat (i.e. special, tap creature)
Could you revert this? (i believe that at one point Convoke allowed you to tap more than one creature at once)

Cheers!
ALPH
ALPH2

Postby gfauxpas » 20 Apr 2017, 14:31

A way to export a deck as a text file would be nice.

A blacklist where you can block people you don't like from joining your games would be good.

The 5 Ascension enchantments keep on triggering "you may put a counter" on it even after it reached the minimum requirement for you to use its ability. Even though this, strictly speaking, is what the card asks for, there's no point to adding additional counters, and it clutters the stack by continuing to trigger. If someone can think of a single case where the number of counters above the maximum makes a difference, I'll take back my suggestion.
gfauxpas

Postby Poit » 20 Apr 2017, 21:31

Hey, not really feedback, but rather a question. Over the course of the last updates, I somewhere lost the ability to set automatic confirms, and have to resume clicking "Yes" every time I want to draw another card from Ad Nauseam. Formerly, I could rightclick on the Yes-button and select something like "Always Yes"

Has something changed in the software backend or is this a bug?

LevelX: That bug was fixed with 1.4.23V1. Did you update your client already to that version (look to the XMage title bar)?
Poit

Postby spjspj » 22 Apr 2017, 10:23

gfauxpas wrote:A way to export a deck as a text file would be nice.

A blacklist where you can block people you don't like from joining your games would be good.

The 5 Ascension enchantments keep on triggering "you may put a counter" on it even after it reached the minimum requirement for you to use its ability. Even though this, strictly speaking, is what the card asks for, there's no point to adding additional counters, and it clutters the stack by continuing to trigger. If someone can think of a single case where the number of counters above the maximum makes a difference, I'll take back my suggestion.
spjspj - 1) A .dck file is a text file already. 2) /ignore annoyingTroll is the way to black list people (see my previous comment) 3) Right click directly on the 'No' button when presented with any choice and you should get a popup menu that lets you answer 'always this way'
spjspj

Postby quod » 22 Apr 2017, 14:25

Please add card search for "name a X" effects. It's really frustrating to scroll through tons of names to find one you need when you are playing Runed Halo or smth like that.
quod

Postby gfauxpas » 23 Apr 2017, 04:45

spjspj wrote:

spjspj - 1) A .dck file is a text file already. 2) /ignore annoyingTroll is the way to black list people (see my previous comment) 3) Right click directly on the 'No' button when presented with any choice and you should get a popup menu that lets you answer 'always this way'
1) Yes but it has things like [149:aa] that make the file unreadable by things like tappedout, and in singleton formats like commander it's tedious to delete each one manually.

2) Will that prevent them from joining my games, too?

3) Thanks!
gfauxpas

Postby BlackWyvern » 23 Apr 2017, 15:52

A way to see specifically which cards we are missing from our image folders (Without having to tell it to look for them online, which causes serious issues with cards being written as empty jpeg files, or deleting existing cards and overwriting them again empty.)
BlackWyvern

Postby spjspj » 23 Apr 2017, 22:32

gfauxpas wrote:
spjspj wrote:

1) Yes but it has things like [149:aa] that make the file unreadable by things like tappedout, and in singleton formats like commander it's tedious to delete each one manually.

3) Thanks!
Yes
Learn regex (regular expressions) and an editor that uses them. Download notepad++ (blergh) or gvim (yay!).
This becomes trivial with regex. Example:
1 [NPH:33] Deceiver Exarch
1 [NPH:35] Gitaxian Probe
1 [SOI:251] Sorin, Grim Nemesis
1 [SHM:229] Kitchen Finks

GVIM: The command to remove between the '[' and the ']'
:1,$s/\[.*\] //

Result:
1 Deceiver Exarch
1 Gitaxian Probe
1 Sorin, Grim Nemesis
1 Kitchen Finks
spjspj

Postby spjspj » 23 Apr 2017, 22:36

BlackWyvern wrote:A way to see specifically which cards we are missing from our image folders (Without having to tell it to look for them online, which causes serious issues with cards being written as empty jpeg files, or deleting existing cards and overwriting them again empty.)
spjspj - There's this code already:
mage\plugins\card\images\DownloadPictures.java
Code: Select all
        allCardsUrls.parallelStream().forEach(card -> {
            TFile file = new TFile(CardImageUtils.generateImagePath(card));
            logger.debug(card.getName() + " (is_token=" + card.isToken() + "). Image is here:" + file.getAbsolutePath() + " (exists=" + file.exists() + ')');
            if (!file.exists()) {
                logger.debug("Missing: " + file.getAbsolutePath());
                cardsToDownload.add(card);
            }
        });
Have never actually worked out how to put the logger into debug mode though. Possibly an extra argument to append to the java command in the startServer.bat?
spjspj

Re: Feedback / Suggestions. House Rules?

Postby spjspj » 24 Apr 2017, 08:27

Br0kenSkies wrote:A feature I've really wanted in Xmage is the ability to apply "House Rules" to EDH tables. Example; I came up with the idea of being able to use any nonlegendary mythic rare creature as a commander. Being able to change what can be accepted as a commander, what cards you want to restrict from your tables, the ability to mess with the ban list, this can all be under "House Rules" in table options. What do you guys think?
spjspj - You can do this if you run your server in test mode:
https://redd.it/66wctw
(Essentially:
Code: Select all
Modify:
startServer.bat
to read
java -Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -Djava.security.policy=./config/security.policy -Djava.util.logging.config.file=./config/logging.config -Dlog4j.configuration=file:./config/log4j.properties -DtestMode=true -DadminPassword=test -jar ./lib/mage-server-1.4.22.jar -testMode=true -adminPassword=test
instead of:
java -Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -Djava.security.policy=./config/security.policy -Djava.util.logging.config.file=./config/logging.config -Dlog4j.configuration=file:./config/log4j.properties -DtestMode=true -DadminPassword=test -jar ./lib/mage-server-1.4.22.jar
spjspj

Postby MrMarlon » 29 Apr 2017, 17:06

LEAGUES

If it is at all feasible to implement Draft Leagues, then please do so. I'm so tired of waiting for the next round to start in draft tournaments.
MrMarlon

Postby Sabotos » 01 May 2017, 14:57

Request 1:
Allow the user to turn off the box of text or have a shortcut command/scroll direction to bring it up. It consistently pops up at in-opportune moments, covers cards, and gets in the way. I know there is an option in the preferences to speed it up or slow it down, but it doesn't always obey those rules. I would rather command it open or have the option to command it open. Thank you very much for your time.
Sabotos

Postby gmzombie » 02 May 2017, 19:05

i know you guys dont really do much with the AI but if there was one thing i would ask for if it is possible is to have the AI properly block creatures. example if i have a creature that is a 5/5 and they have a 2/2 and a 3/3 and 5 life left the AI will just take the damage instead of trying to double block or even single block. it will not block any creature that has a higher p/t than its own creatures. i do alot of playing offline for testing and it has always been this way since i started playing with xmage and would hope someone could look at this..:)
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby cheddarsuave » 05 May 2017, 15:49

Can we please get the new MTGO 1v1 (and multiplayer) Commander format as an option when you get a chance?

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... anned-list

Thank you!
cheddarsuave

Postby Sabotos » 06 May 2017, 03:15

Request for the deck editor:

Number 1:

Current functionality: When a mana color is not selected all mono-colored cards of that color are removed.

Requested functionality: When a mana color is not selected that all mono-colored and multi-colored cards with that color are removed.

Number 2:

Add filters for the following:

1. Legendary
2. Rarity
3. Type (a dropdown with sub-types as the super-types are already accounted for)

Number 3:

The ability to hide different panes of the editor. This means if I don't care about my sideboard that I can minimize it to nothing so I can view the entire Maindeck window.

Thank you for your time.
Sabotos

PreviousNext

Return to XMage