Text Size

Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby tjtillman » 16 May 2017, 20:35

Agetian wrote:
tjtillman wrote:r34017

When a creature's embalm ability is activated from the graveyard, it triggers Harsh Mentor, when it should not since it's not on the battlefield.

Edit: This happened when I controlled a Harsh Mentor on the battlefield and CPU embalmed Aven Wind Guide. Strangely, this did not happen when the CPU embalmed a Tah-Crop Skirmisher
I can't reproduce this yet... There's probably more to this than just the creature which is embalmed and the fact of controlling Harsh Mentor :/ Can you please post a battlefield screenshot and the log if this happens to you again?

- Agetian
Will do.
tjtillman

Postby tjtillman » 17 May 2017, 03:30

Agetian wrote:

When a creature's embalm ability is activated from the graveyard, it triggers Harsh Mentor, when it should not since it's not on the battlefield.

Edit: This happened when I controlled a Harsh Mentor on the battlefield and CPU embalmed Aven Wind Guide. Strangely, this did not happen when the CPU embalmed a Tah-Crop Skirmisher
I can't reproduce this yet... There's probably more to this than just the creature which is embalmed and the fact of controlling Harsh Mentor :/ Can you please post a battlefield screenshot and the log if this happens to you again?

- Agetian
Tried it again, and it triggered again. Screenshot attached.
Attachments
HarshMentorEmbalm.png
Harsh Mentor Embalm
tjtillman

Postby fmartel » 17 May 2017, 21:11

I don't get it.. How can Kentaro, the Smiling Cat can deal 5 dmg when he's only Bushido 1 ??

Capture.PNG
Forge MTG, Magic the gathering, Trostani, Bushido, Token
fmartel

Postby friarsol » 18 May 2017, 03:08

fmartel wrote:I don't get it.. How can Kentaro, the Smiling Cat can deal 5 dmg when he's only Bushido 1 ??
Well, that screenshot isn't very useful, but the game thinks it's a 5/2 (it says that very clearly) so it's getting a +2/+0 from something.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 18 May 2017, 04:13

tjtillman wrote:
Agetian wrote:

- Agetian
Tried it again, and it triggered again. Screenshot attached.
Oh, I have an idea then - since this is so easily reproducible on your side, can you please enable Developer Mode (in Preferences), get to a game state where the AI would have a creature with embalm in the graveyard, then Dump Game State to a .txt file using the Dev Mode panel button, and in case this odd behavior happens to you in that condition (the AI activates Embalm and your Harsh Mentor triggers), post the contents of the dumped .txt file here? Thanks in advance!

In the meantime, I'll try to recreate this battlefield position and see if it happens to me just like that. ;)

EDIT: Tried that battlefield position, didn't trigger for me... :/

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby fmartel » 18 May 2017, 18:39

friarsol wrote:
fmartel wrote:I don't get it.. How can Kentaro, the Smiling Cat can deal 5 dmg when he's only Bushido 1 ??
Well, that screenshot isn't very useful, but the game thinks it's a 5/2 (it says that very clearly) so it's getting a +2/+0 from something.
It hasn't been enchanted by anything, the log says it :?
fmartel

Postby fmartel » 18 May 2017, 18:46

in that case, if AI prevented 0 dmg, why did Volatile Ring not die (I blocked it with 2 Wolf 2/2) ? And since I dealt damage to it, the flip didn't happen either...
Not Die.PNG
fmartel

Postby tjtillman » 18 May 2017, 19:10

Agetian wrote:
Oh, I have an idea then - since this is so easily reproducible on your side, can you please enable Developer Mode (in Preferences), get to a game state where the AI would have a creature with embalm in the graveyard, then Dump Game State to a .txt file using the Dev Mode panel button, and in case this odd behavior happens to you in that condition (the AI activates Embalm and your Harsh Mentor triggers), post the contents of the dumped .txt file here? Thanks in advance!

In the meantime, I'll try to recreate this battlefield position and see if it happens to me just like that. ;)

- Agetian
Ok, I'll give it another try when I get a chance. One thing to note, in that screenshot, I had just killed the Aven Wind Guide with Deem Worthy that same turn. Maybe there's something in the interaction of it having been on the battlefield that turn?
tjtillman

Postby Agetian » 19 May 2017, 03:45

tjtillman wrote:
Agetian wrote:

- Agetian
Ok, I'll give it another try when I get a chance. One thing to note, in that screenshot, I had just killed the Aven Wind Guide with Deem Worthy that same turn. Maybe there's something in the interaction of it having been on the battlefield that turn?
Hmm, doesn't look that that's it either. I tried killing it off in the AI's turn but it still didn't trigger Harsh Mentor for me when the AI embalmed it that same turn.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby tjtillman » 20 May 2017, 01:37

Was able to reproduce Embalm-Harsh Mentor trigger again. Screenshot and Dump state attached.
Attachments
HarshMentorEmbalm_state.txt
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
HarshMentorEmbalm2.png
tjtillman

Postby Agetian » 20 May 2017, 04:20

Gahhh I'm really confused :/ It doesn't happen to me in that same battlefield scenario, essentially from a "rewound" state that you posted (a screenshot attached as a proof), so I just can't reproduce it no matter what I try... :( I'd really love someone else to look into this, maybe I don't understand what exactly can make this happen and under what circumstances (though it consistently seems to affect tjtillman) :/

Embalm.jpg
Embalm - no trigger

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby tjtillman » 20 May 2017, 07:18

r34024

Looks like something funny is going on with Vizier of the Menagerie. Somehow it thinks it can cast a bunch of creatures? Pitiless Vizier and two Blighted Bats are in CPU's graveyard, but it thinks I can cast them for their same cost in colorless.
Attachments
Vizier of Menagerie.png
VizierofMenagerie_Dump.txt
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
tjtillman

Postby Agetian » 20 May 2017, 08:55

tjtillman wrote:r34024

Looks like something funny is going on with Vizier of the Menagerie. Somehow it thinks it can cast a bunch of creatures? Pitiless Vizier and two Blighted Bats are in CPU's graveyard, but it thinks I can cast them for their same cost in colorless.
Yeah, this is just one more of those MayPlay shenanigans that I've seen with other cards before too (e.g. Aluren). MayPlay needs an update, and I know that it was in Hanmac's plans to look into it when he has time, but he hasn't yet found an opportunity to do it. :/ It's probably possible to temporarily rig it in a way similar to Aluren, but that'll make it impossible to cast spells for colorless mana from under it when there's an effect legally allowing you to cast spells from graveyard. Unfortunately, the way things currently stand, the AI will abuse this given an opportunity to do so (will cast cards from everywhere, most likely, since there's nothing that prohibits it from doing so, so why not).

+1 to possibly prioritizing fixes for this and other similar cards, if at all possible. :)
(I'd do it myself but, sadly, I tried tinkiering with it in the past and it was way beyond my understanding of that area of code to figure out how to properly make it work without breaking even more things).

EDIT: Temporarily suppressed allowing to cast cards from zones other than hand (similar to Aluren) to prevent AI abuse. Still needs correction and update for MayPlay to correctly implement interactions with effects allowing you to cast cards from graveyard, exile, etc.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby sanitykey » 20 May 2017, 17:17

Description: Trying to start a multiplayer game over LAN.
- Host creates a server and client connects
- Host and client select decks
- Host and client click ready
- Host clicks "Start"

*BAM*

- Host goes into game
- Client gets message "Connection to the host was interrupted"
- Chat works fine, this also occurred on the latest beta release.

Sorry for the screenshot of text but the forum thought I was trying to spam so I couldn't put the error text in.

Capture.PNG
sanitykey

Postby tjtillman » 21 May 2017, 20:19

r34059

Seems aftermath card still going to the graveyard after being countered.
tjtillman

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner