It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:35

Text Size

Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collection

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Mtgdb.Gui - Windows app to search MTG cards and build de

Postby aidscoi168 » 27 Apr 2017, 12:41

Thanks you, because the batch rename in adobe Bridge alway convert , to ; so i have to manual edit if the app currently not read the metadata in that way. Because you will remove read attribute feature i afraid that even Mtgdb.Util will not help with the rename step ? if i still can using it so don't need worry about the ";" and "," issue
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 28 Apr 2017, 02:51

Code: Select all
Because you will remove read attribute feature i afraid that even Mtgdb.Util will not help with the rename step
Released 1.3.5.29. It will replace ; by , when renaming artworks. Only in set list or artist list: .[set SOI;AER][artist John;Doe].jpg will be renamed to .[set SOI,AER][artist John,Doe].jpg
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 28 Apr 2017, 05:22

So now i can use adobebridge to rename the artworks, the app can read ; as , ? or i can just use Mtgdb.Util because it not affect by removing the read attribute ?
Let me explain so we don't get confusing
1. I'm not sure your plan for upcoming release will be support Mtgdb.Util.exe for rename or not. The method by using Mtgdb.Util rightnow working perfectly which is not messing with other metadata like size and medium (ex : Oil on board, 14x16 inches) and it use "," for separate Setcode or Artists.
2. If in the future release i can't use Mtgdb.Util.exe for rename ( because the app remove the attribute reading feature ). i have to use Adobebridge with it's batch rename tool using Author and Title in metadata to get the right name that app can read, and the result will use ";" instead of "," for separate metadata. Also after rename, i will have to manual edit some artwork have other metadata as them will be cardname.[Metadata1].[artist John Doe][Set ***;XYZ].jpg ( have to remove a dot (.) that before the artist and set metadata because the preset use for both normal artwork and artwork already have other metadata ).

So, the best option we have that keep the Mtgdb.Util.exe can rename and read attribute ( not relate with option for the app ) so i just use Mtgdb.Util after set other infomation in artworks. Or if Mtgdb.Util.exe can't be use for rename in future, i just need the app read ";" as "," or change to just ";" - the result AdobeBridge give after use batch rename
aidscoi168

artwork rename

Postby hidalgo » 28 Apr 2017, 06:55

So now i can use adobebridge to rename the artworks, the app can read ; as , ?
Yes. And I will leave , and ; supported when analyzing file name forever so you don't have to rename files using ; if you don't want to

2) Mtgdb.Util.exe will allways replace ; by , when renaming even when it cannot read attributes anymore so that you could replace ; with , if you need.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 28 Apr 2017, 11:07

If i keep the older version ( the one that Mtgdb.Util.exe still support rename ) i can use them for rename right ? ( Just delete the folder shadow_copy of the newest version to rollback for using Mtgdb.Util.exe then back to newest version by create the shadow_copy folder of newest version )?
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 28 Apr 2017, 14:00

If i keep the older version ( the one that Mtgdb.Util.exe still support rename ) i can use them for rename right ?
Yes you can.

I can see you really need this attribute-to-name feature. Why? Once you renamed the files why would you need reading tags and author attributes again and again? They are filled by you, so any new files will not have them, right?
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 29 Apr 2017, 06:45

Yes, these artworks that renamed is not my concern, I just keep the older version for rename the new artworks that update after the last update I just make last night ( renamed artworks and filelist.txt )AdobeBridge help me save my time for add artists infomations and set code ( still manual type setcode but it not too much time need ). But the batch rename tool of Bridge not efficient and precise as Mtgdb.Util.exe (for total time and avoid editing need for artworks already have other informations ) So I want to keep older version just for rename upcoming artworks, nothing more. The new artworks after renamed still have attribute ( I'm lazy of remove them and maybe need them to check if need edit anything like new setcode or fix setcode that currently wrong ) but the new version not reading them for faster speed so I guess it's ok ? You can release the version that remove attribute readable because artworks ready for use with just read information in it's name and it's working really good, I don't find any new bug that show wrong artworks.
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 29 Apr 2017, 08:07

but the new version not reading them for faster speed so I guess it's ok ?
Yes, there is no need to remove attributes.

You can release the version that remove attribute readable because artworks ready for use with just read information in it's name
Ok, I'll change the default config to turn off attributes reading. In a week or later if no surprises arise, I will remove attribute reading at all.
hidalgo

Mtgdb.Gui v1.3.5.30

Postby hidalgo » 29 Apr 2017, 08:11

Sort buttons on fields now cycle 3 states Ascending, Descending, Not sorted instead of 2 Ascending, Descending.

When not sorted the cards are shown in the order they appear in mtgjson.com file AllSets-x.json.
To get use of it you should allow showing card duplicates. Otherwise the first cards from AllSets-x.json will not be shown in the beginning of the list, instead their latest released versions will appear somewhere in the middle of the list.
hidalgo

Mtgdb.Gui v1.3.5.31 Drag-n-drop cards between different tabs

Postby hidalgo » 06 May 2017, 04:07

While dragging the card you can switch to another tab by moving the cursor over tab header and then drop the card to it's deck area.
This feature effectively turns a tab in Mtgdb.Gui to a 'heap of cards'.

My typical moment when working on a new deck:
- add this one to deck
- oh, what an interesting card! Not for this deck though, let me have a good look at it later.
... Create new tab, type card's name to search input, add one copy to a deck. Why can't I just drag it to another tab (((
Last edited by hidalgo on 20 May 2017, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 07 May 2017, 15:59

From version 1.3.5.30 i've facing new bug. When i run the program, it show as usual but not load the updater as i setup in xml file, also the updater button is faded ( grey, not red as normal ) so i can't even access it manually. the program also don't get me any result for use string search, filter from collection ..ect
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 08 May 2017, 23:13

Hi aidscoi. I will be able to really help with the problems you reported the next week when I get back home from vacations.
Meanwhile, I hope turning off reading file attributes can help.

Make sure \etc\Mtgdb.Gui.xml has ReadMetadataFromAttributes="False" like in example below
<Directory Path="E:\Distrib\games\mtg\Artwork" Art="True" ReadMetadataFromAttributes="False" />
hidalgo

Mtgdb.Gui v1.3.5.32

Postby hidalgo » 19 May 2017, 15:41

• Fixed not searching by generated mana {E}
  • Fixed not entering to edit mode when clicking by card's text
  • Search text feature redisigned to support Lucene query syntax as specified here. It brings 2 major improvments
    • Showing value suggest after Ctrl+Space was really slow. Now it's fast.
    • The Lucene syntax itself is much more powerful than previously implemented.
      • Search by specific field:
        Name:Ooze
        or by all fields:
        "Llanowar elves"
        quotes "" are used to search the entire phrase
      • You can construct arbitrarily nested boolean queries like
        Type:((angel OR demon) AND legendary)
        when no operators are specified, OR is applied
        Type:(Rogue Rat)
        matches either type
      • Using wildcard syntax you can control whether you search by word's prefix, suffix or you need exact word
        Subtype:(*ngel OR dem* OR human NOT rogue)
        Previously the text was allways searched at any position whithin the word like if you entered *ange*
      • Fuzzy search:
        nevniniral~
        will return Nevinyrral's Disk and other cards mentioning Nevinyrral in text.
        Previously fuzzy matching was only applied when suggesting values as you edited search text.
        You can refine your search by changing desired minimum similarity:
        nevniniral~0.2
        or
        nevniniral~0.9
        default similarity is 0.5, min is 0, max is 1
      • Proximity search
        "Mana color"~2
        searches for text where words mana and color have 2 or less words between them.
      • You can correctly filter number fields like
        powerNum:[1 TO 4]
        The numbers are indexed as numbers, not as text so no power 11 cards will appear between 1 and 4.
        PricingMid:{100 TO *} will search cards with price strictly > than 100$
        you can also use range search with text fields:
        Name:[a TO ced]
        matches card with names containing any word which lies between 'a' and 'ced' in alphanumerical order
      • Term boosting is not supported because there is no sorting by relevance to search text.
        Angel^3 OR Demon
        such query is parsed and executed correctly but ^3 booster to Angel term is just ignored
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 19 May 2017, 18:21

i facing this error again in 1.3.5.32 ( the old ver31 also got this error and luckyly the one you upload in page 1 is running and help me upgrade ver 32- hope if i rollback it still work ). i think the log file will help address the problem - updater not available, app not show result
Attachments
info.log
log file
(5.17 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Untitled.png
the update button freeze
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 19 May 2017, 23:20

aidscoi168 wrote:i facing this error again in 1.3.5.32 ( the old ver31 also got this error and luckyly the one you upload in page 1 is running and help me upgrade ver 32- hope if i rollback it still work ). i think the log file will help address the problem - updater not available, app not show result
Hi! your data\AllSets-x.json is corrupted. You need to replace it. Download from mtgjson.com or take from Mtgdb.Gui.v<SomeVersion>.zip
hidalgo

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers