It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:25

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Jun 2017, 20:53

@Parabolic: At least one deck you are using contains the now-obsolete Higure, the Still Wind. If so, your game will crash on startup. Replace it with the newer one.

@NivMizzet, I'm just glad you got it sorted. :)

erjerjerj wrote:Two more bug reports:

Crush of Tentacles effects emblem (cause it to vanish) although emblems aren't permanents

Baral's Expertise let me choose a basic land as its free spell (I have never tried to actually choose a basic land with this card through)

Thank you for your hard work and fast response time.

Eran
So much for the fast response time haha. It's been two weeks now. Sorry, but I've been playing Skyrim.

Fixed:
  • Crush of Tentacles
  • Baral's Expertise
  • Malignus
  • Waxmane Baku (hopefully)
  • Mayael's Aria - For the record, it was confusing you probably because it had a single controller check, and that check was in its first section. So, if YOU control a creature with P>=5, then it would run that section, but the other sections would run regardless of who controlled them.
  • Higure, the Still Wind - There were two copies with different MIDs. One had the proper ninjutsu cost, while the other's was {1} {U}. Not sure how, but they managed to slip through during the initial phase of the CW where others' mods were being incorporated, I think. They just managed to fly under the radar since then.
None were tested, though, so it's possible they're still not working quite right.

Not yet addressed:

No decks in the CW's Decks folder used Higure, so none needed updated. However, a few did need various other cards fixed, and those have all been done. A handful also used Neo's Age of Dodekatheon mod, and those have been moved to a subfolder to prevent accidental downloads which can cause crashes.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 13 Jun 2017, 21:48

Game is crashing from this created deck:

I believe Grove of the Guardian is causing the crash. There have been problems with it in the past. I used cards from the base game so cards like rampant growth, elixir and Regal force can't be causing the problem.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Jun 2017, 22:02

Ignore my deleted post. I looked at the card wrong. But the list you gave, using exactly those cards, did not crash the game on my end. I'm not sure why it would on yours. Does the deck builder tell you about any errors it found?
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 15 Jun 2017, 23:39

Xander9009 wrote:Ignore my deleted post. I looked at the card wrong. But the list you gave, using exactly those cards, did not crash the game on my end. I'm not sure why it would on yours. Does the deck builder tell you about any errors it found?
No it doesn't. I will update my core_WAD and see if it has anything to do with it.

Also, Masked Admirers ability "Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may pay GreenGreen. If you do, return Masked Admirers from your graveyard to your hand." only activates while it is on the battlefield and not the graveyard.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 15 Jun 2017, 23:53

MasterXploder7 wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:Ignore my deleted post. I looked at the card wrong. But the list you gave, using exactly those cards, did not crash the game on my end. I'm not sure why it would on yours. Does the deck builder tell you about any errors it found?
No it doesn't. I will update my core_WAD and see if it has anything to do with it.

Also, Masked Admirers ability "Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may pay GreenGreen. If you do, return Masked Admirers from your graveyard to your hand." only activates while it is on the battlefield and not the graveyard.
Went ahead and fixed Masked Admirers now since it's such an easy one.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 16 Jun 2017, 00:13

I updated the WAD and it continued to crash. Every game I created tokens using the Grove of the Guardian land card. I am not sure if that could be the cause.

I also noticed that the land itself will tap when you have just enough mana to cast a spell. For instance Trostoni is GGWW, if you have exactly two plains and two forests it will tap along with them for no apparent reason. It also doesn't auto-tap unless you have that exact amount it seems. So for instance, it wouldn't do this auto-tap phenomenon when you 2 forests, 3 plains and Grove of the Guardian out in order to cast Armada Wurm - you have to manually tap it.
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Jun 2017, 00:16

Ah. You mean it's crashing while playing. I thought you meant it was crashing when you started the game. In that case, yeah, it's probably a token issue. I'll look over the token producing cards when I get the chance. If there are any missing registrations, that'll be easy to fix.

That Grove of the Guardian you listed is a MM card, and so it shouldn't ever auto-tap. If it is in any situation, then that's a bug. I'll look at why it might be doing that.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 16 Jun 2017, 02:03

Xander9009 wrote:Ah. You mean it's crashing while playing. I thought you meant it was crashing when you started the game. In that case, yeah, it's probably a token issue. I'll look over the token producing cards when I get the chance. If there are any missing registrations, that'll be easy to fix.

That Grove of the Guardian you listed is a MM card, and so it shouldn't ever auto-tap. If it is in any situation, then that's a bug. I'll look at why it might be doing that.
The crash is happening after I win the game, I haven't tested if it would work when I lost the game, but if you play the deck whenever you win, it crashes during the loading screen. At least it did for me.
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Jun 2017, 11:02

Grove of the Guardian didn't have the mana token registration. I can't be certain that's the cause of the crashes, but it seems likely. There weren't any other missing token registrations. It would mean that any game where you used Grove of the Guardian for mana it would crash when it tried to delete those tokens, which would happen when you win (or lose).

That doesn't explain why it would auto-tap, though. I'll still have to figure that out.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Finnical » 16 Jun 2017, 21:45

The manual mana version of rupture spire caused a game crash when I fed mana into it.

Correction: Both versions of rupture spire cause the game crash when fed.
Finnical

Postby fallenangle » 17 Jun 2017, 16:42

The game crashes for me whenever I start a duel. The deckbuilder doesn't note any errors, and I don't get a script log. I'm using the latest version. I have no idea where the error might be.
fallenangle

Postby fallenangle » 17 Jun 2017, 20:04

Nevermind. It's been so long since I made a CW deck that I forgot that there were deck IDs I couldn't use. Everything is working fine now.
fallenangle

Postby Xander9009 » 17 Jun 2017, 20:28

Which IDs? I recently (as in just a couple of days ago) went through and removed all decks that referenced custom cards and fixed all of them that referenced actual cards but from other mods to the CW's copies. There shouldn't be any more decks that crash the game. If you can tell me either just the ID or the actual decks (if you know), then I'll take another look at them.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby fallenangle » 17 Jun 2017, 20:46

I got the following error from Cartouche of Zeal:

[lua] [string "CARTOUCHE_OF_ZEAL_CW_426826_TITLE (TRIGGER)~0x0000030b"]:4: attempt to index local 'parent' (a nil value)
fallenangle

Postby fallenangle » 17 Jun 2017, 20:50

Xander9009 wrote:Which IDs? I recently (as in just a couple of days ago) went through and removed all decks that referenced custom cards and fixed all of them that referenced actual cards but from other mods to the CW's copies. There shouldn't be any more decks that crash the game. If you can tell me either just the ID or the actual decks (if you know), then I'll take another look at them.
It has something to do with the way I set up the deckbuilder. I don't usually use decks that other people make, so the problem is with a deck I was working on. If the ID numbers in my custom decks are below XXX10, where the Xs represent the custom 3 digit code I use, then the game will crash. It's not a problem with anything in the CW, so don't worry. Sorry for alarming you!

On another note, I've coded Hour of Devastation's Wildfire Eternal and Hour of Revelation, and they both seem to be working as they should. I'll send them to you later today.
fallenangle

PreviousNext

Return to 2014