Hour of Devastation spoiler season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Hour of Devastation spoiler season

Postby Marek14 » 17 Jun 2017, 06:04

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2017-06-16

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2017-06-16

For starters, Eternalize is very similar to Embalm, changes are:

1. The eternalized token is black, not white.
2. The eternalized token is 4/4, regardless of P/T of the original card.

Also, exert is expanding to also work as an activation cost. Since nothing prevents double-exertion, I guess it's a cost that can always be paid.
Marek14
Tester

Re: Hour of Devastation spoiler season

Postby swordshine » 17 Jun 2017, 08:28

Keywords afflict (r34260) and eternalize (r38283) were added. Exert as a cost was also added (r34289).
swordshine

Postby Hanmac » 17 Jun 2017, 23:15

@swordshine: add Desert as Condition for SpellAbility Condition and Restriction, for StaticAbility and CardTraitBase (Trigger and ReplacementEffects)

means if you want you should be able to add the Desert matters cards

PS: that you add Eternalize into CopyPermanentEffect would have only affect if there is another Shapeshifter like the one for Embalm
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 23 Jun 2017, 18:35

We are planning the first pre-Hour of Devastation release of Forge on the upcoming Monday.
If anybody would like to contribute card scripts, we are open to submissions in this thread, we are currently rather low on the implemented card count for this set.

@ Marek: Please let us know if you're planning to code the cards for HOU in the upcoming days (not necessarily before Monday, just in the spoiler season), your script contributions are absolutely invaluable! Thank you very much in advance!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 23 Jun 2017, 20:10

I'll try -- I thought we'll only get one week of previews and that the set will be spoiled soon. I have a lot to do these days, but I'll try to have a look.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 23 Jun 2017, 20:22

Sounds good, Marek! Thanks a lot! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 23 Jun 2017, 21:29

ok, here are a few cards:

I tried to correct Bontu's Last Reckoning and Steadfast Sentinel - Steadfast Sentinel just had an error in Eternalize reminder text, but Bontu's Last Reckoning had a logical error: it's supposed to affect all lands you control in your next untap step, not the lands you control when the spell resolves. I used code from Exhaustion, but it was a bit complicated.

I also noticed that code for Transgress the Mind and Eradicate is very similar, even though one of those cards has a player reveal his hand to all, and the other just lets you search through his hand without revealing it. Is there a difference?
Attachments
hou.zip
(8.73 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 24 Jun 2017, 03:40

Thanks a lot, Marek! I'll look into integrating them after work today, as well as will take a look at the cards you mentioned (Transgress vs Eradicate) :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby ShivaFang » 24 Jun 2017, 05:08

I implemented the files in that zip for my project. I am getting this error for Hour of Glory in AI vs AI battles;
Code: Select all
java.lang.RuntimeException: AbilityFactory : getAbility -- no API in Hour of Glory: DP$ ChangeZoneAll | Origin$ Hand | Destination$ Exile | ConditionCheckSVar$ X | ConditionSVarCompare$ EQ1 | References$ X | DefinedPlayer$ TargetedController | ChangeType$ Remembered.sameName | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:126)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:140)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getSubAbility(AbilityFactory.java:404)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:228)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:145)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:128)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:111)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactoryUtil.addAbilityFactoryAbilities(CardFactoryUtil.java:1932)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.readCardFace(CardFactory.java:468)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.readCard(CardFactory.java:396)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.getCard(CardFactory.java:255)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.getCard(CardFactory.java:250)
   at forge.game.card.Card.fromPaperCard(Card.java:6901)
   at forge.game.Match.preparePlayerLibrary(Match.java:199)
   at forge.game.Match.prepareAllZones(Match.java:263)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:87)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:83)
ShivaFang

Postby Agetian » 24 Jun 2017, 08:33

The first batch of Marek's HOU submissions is now in. :) The problem with Hour of Glory has been corrected.

/ now, a bit of offtopic stuff, but related to the question above /
Re: Transgress the Mind and Eradicate --> I need a consultation here. It looks like Eradicate doesn't quite work correctly since you don't get a chance to look at the opponent's hand. Am I correct assuming that the opponent should reveal the hand to you since you're the one who is supposed to search the hand? If so, I'll update the code a little to allow that. Transgress the Mind does not reveal the hand to all players, only to the spell activator, which may be incorrect in multiplayer. If it is incorrect in multiplayer, I can rewrite it such that it reveals the hand to everyone prior to ChangeZone. Would that be the intended way of doing it? (if so, maybe some other spells would need to be rewritten that way too...)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 24 Jun 2017, 08:56

Basically, searching a hand or library requires you to see the cards. There's one additional slight error here: the newer cards like Memoricide specifically allow you to NOT exile all cards, but even those that don't have this text allow you to not exile all relevant cards from hand/library (as they are not public zones and you're not revealing them to all players). The only difference is whether all relevant cards from GRAVEYARD are automatically exiled or not.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 24 Jun 2017, 09:07

Marek14 wrote:Basically, searching a hand or library requires you to see the cards. There's one additional slight error here: the newer cards like Memoricide specifically allow you to NOT exile all cards, but even those that don't have this text allow you to not exile all relevant cards from hand/library (as they are not public zones and you're not revealing them to all players). The only difference is whether all relevant cards from GRAVEYARD are automatically exiled or not.
Hmm I'm not quite sure I completely grasp what needs to be changed exactly here, it's a bit subtle :D Ah, I *think* I get it, but it might be a bit tricky to implement (if, for example, Eradicate should allow you to search for fewer cards than "all").

But my idea about Transgress the Mind above is correct, right?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 24 Jun 2017, 10:11

Transgress the Mind reveals to everyone, yes. As for Eradicate, I think that maybe it should work the same as Memoricide, just with a switch that will automatically exile all relevant cards from graveyard without asking. Many cards would be converted to this code in that case.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 24 Jun 2017, 10:53

I updated Eradicate upstream, I think it'll now do what you said it should do. :) Feel free to update other similar cards as well when you have time. I also updated Transgress the Mind, maybe some other cards now need the update too.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 24 Jun 2017, 11:11

Agetian wrote:I updated Eradicate upstream, I think it'll now do what you said it should do. :) Feel free to update other similar cards as well when you have time. I also updated Transgress the Mind, maybe some other cards now need the update too.

- Agetian
Not sure how I'll be with time -- in addition to my work, I now have to worry about my Dad who's in hospital. I'm probably limited to making new cards for now.
Marek14
Tester

Next

Return to Developer's Corner