It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:41

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby fallenangle » 25 Jun 2017, 14:55

Reflexive Triggers look like they may actually have very annoying effects for our coding. See this blog post: https://blogs.magicjudges.org/rulestips ... -triggers/

Essentially, it looks like players will have an opportunity to do things after the Manticore enters the battlefield, as well as after the sacrifice. Additionally, targets are chosen AFTER the sacrifice happens rather than before, which adds a layer of strategy that wasn't there previously. Perhaps this could be handled with some kind of Play_Time_Action?
fallenangle

Postby fallenangle » 25 Jun 2017, 20:08

I've been getting this sometimes after I exit games in which I use Gonti, Lord of Luxury. I'm not sure where the error is, however.

[lua] [string "Content\Functions\D14_NEO_MANA_COST_FUNCTIONS.LOL"]:53: attempt to call global 'GetColour' (a nil value)

On a related note, I think this file needs to be updated to include Oath of Ajani.
fallenangle

Postby Xander9009 » 25 Jun 2017, 21:19

The issue was literally just on line 53 of D14_NEO_MANA_COST_FUNCTIONS.LOL. It wasn't an issue with Gonti, himself. It was actually that the function file had this code:
Code: Select all
oTarget:GetSubType():Test(GetColour():Test(COLOUR_COLOURLESS) and oTarget:GetSubType():Test(CREATURE_TYPE_ELDRAZI) )
The error itself was from caling GetColour() as a standalone function (it should be "oTarget:GetColour()"). However, it was testing the subtypes for the result of the (failed) color test. So, if it had included the "oTarget" bit, then it would have checked if "true" or "false" was one of oTarget's subtypes...

Regardless of the boring details, it's fixed, and I added Oath of Ajani.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 26 Jun 2017, 01:48

fallenangle wrote:Reflexive Triggers look like they may actually have very annoying effects for our coding. See this blog post: https://blogs.magicjudges.org/rulestips ... -triggers/

Essentially, it looks like players will have an opportunity to do things after the Manticore enters the battlefield, as well as after the sacrifice. Additionally, targets are chosen AFTER the sacrifice happens rather than before, which adds a layer of strategy that wasn't there previously. Perhaps this could be handled with some kind of Play_Time_Action?
Nah, delayed trigger. It'll need to have a trigger for ETB. That trigger will create a delayed trigger for when you sacrifice another creature. Then, it'll ask which creature to sacrifice. If you choose one, it'll immediately sacrifice it (since it won't ask until resolution). After it has sacced or not, it'll remove the delayed trigger. If you do sac something, the trigger will fire before it gets removed. So long as the trigger isn't set to auto skip or forced skip or replacement effect or anything, then it'll work exactly as it's supposed to with no real issues. There are actually a handful of ability that already do something similar (allow a response before and after an effect using delayed triggers), though that's because they're completely different types of abilities.

Thanks for linking the article. It helped be understand exactly what they're doing with these and how they differ from normal delayed triggers. Basically, they're normal delayed triggers with an expiration date of "until the end of this effect". When the effect finishes running, the trigger no longer works. It has to be triggered during the effect, which means it has to be triggered by actions taken during the effect; ergo, by the effect itself. It's... kind of an odd thing, to me, to be honest, but it should be pretty simple to code, at least. So, that's good. And I'm very happy to see exactly what makes it a reflexive triggered ability, because the way it's set up, it won't affect any cards already released. So, we don't need to worry about changing older cards for it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 26 Jun 2017, 10:18

I've cleaned up a few subtypes on various cards that had the wrong ones. Either they were misspelled or they were using an old version (Assembly-Worker instead of Assemblyworker, which shows as "Assembly-Worker" in-game, but needs to be the other to work properly).

I've also added the various subtypes to the Deck Builder's subtype list. You can copy it to yours by following the directions in this post: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=10999&p=214172#p214172.

EDIT: I've added a folder to the CW Public Tools folder for my work done on the Deck Builder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-cZn ... mpURkFMd3M

It's got that subtype string file as well as the exe I use, plus a readme explaining what both do.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 28 Jun 2017, 10:41

For those who only monitor this thread, Hour of Devastation cards are being coded as they are spoiled and added to the CW. In fact, 94 HOU cards have been uploaded to-date.

We could use your help in testing them. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=20751

Cards with a # symbol have not been tested at all.

New ones are being added each day during spoiler season, so some of them may not be available until tomorrow's update.

We appreciate your support.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby MasterXploder7 » 30 Jun 2017, 11:24

Updated the WAD. Got this in the builder.
Code: Select all
6/30/2017 7:21:28 AM: Low: Card (BLOODWATER_ENTITY_CW in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE) has a multiverse id that is problematic: 9009994643

6/30/2017 7:21:29 AM: Low: Card (CRESTED_SUNMARE_CW in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE) has a multiverse id that is problematic: 9009991132

6/30/2017 7:21:30 AM: Low: Card (ETERNAL_OF_HARSH_TRUTHS_CW in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE) has a multiverse id that is problematic: 9009995155

6/30/2017 7:21:31 AM: Low: Card (FRONTLINE_DEVASTATOR_CW in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE) has a multiverse id that is problematic: 9009994313

6/30/2017 7:21:32 AM: Low: Card (GODPHARAOHS_FAITHFUL_CW in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE) has a multiverse id that is problematic: 9009991641

6/30/2017 7:21:33 AM: Low: Card (HOUR_OF_ETERNITY_CW in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE) has a multiverse id that is problematic: 9009994394

6/30/2017 7:21:33 AM: Low: Card (KEFNETS_LAST_WORD_CW in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE) has a multiverse id that is problematic: 9009991887

6/30/2017 7:21:34 AM: Low: Card (MAJESTIC_MYRIARCH_CW in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE) has a multiverse id that is problematic: 9009998597

6/30/2017 7:21:35 AM: Low: Card (MERCILESS_ETERNAL_CW in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE) has a multiverse id that is problematic: 9009998444

"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Jun 2017, 16:16

Fixed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Parabolic » 01 Jul 2017, 20:16

Great job, as always, maintainng these mods. Really appriciate it.

As Foretold doesn't seem to be working with cards without a mana cost (such as Ancestral Vision).
Parabolic

Postby nivmizzet1 » 02 Jul 2017, 04:55

There's something wrong with Mausoleum Wanderer; sometimes it lets me use it's ability but other times I can't activate it.

In the most recent example my opponent had nothing on the battlefield that would prevent me activating the ability -- I think they had a Champion of the Parish and a Soul Warden. I just had my Mausoleum Wanderer. My opponent played a Mentor of the Meek, with no mana left untapped, and I replied by playing Rattlechains, selecting Mausoleum Wanderer to have hexproof, and then tried to sac Mausoleum Wanderer to counter Mentor of the Meek, but it wouldn't let me. Unfortunately I didn't check if it was activatable before I played Rattlechains. The next turn I was able to activate Mausoleum Wanderer's ability to counter Gather the Townsfolk when the ai had 1 land left untapped (my Mausoleum Wanderer was 2/2 thanks to a Drogskol Captain that was in play).

EDIT: there's also something wrong with Hex Parasite's ability. It seems to ignore mana or something. E.g. I sac an undying creature to Ashnod's Altar to create 2 free colourless mana -- 1 is used to cast Hex Parasite, so there should be 1 mana free to pay X for 1 for the ability (losing 2 life). Instead, when I activate the ability I lose the 2 life but don't get to choose X, and the counter remains on the undying creature that I select to remove the counter from. Other times I've used the ability successfully I think I had 2 free mana open, but can only pay 1 for X.
nivmizzet1

Postby Finnical » 02 Jul 2017, 08:26

Mausoleum Wanderer can only counter instants and sorceries. Thus it could not counter Mentor of the Meek, which is a creature, but could counter Gather the Townsfolk, which is a sorcery.

Gruul War Chant does nothing. EDIT: Gruul War Chant applies menace to your attacking creatures, but menace doesn't work. Not sure if it applies the damage buff, I had assault formation in play.
Finnical

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Jul 2017, 14:16

Art from ArtofMTG.com is now downloaded to the spoilers folder under Spoilers\Art\.

EDIT: Not sure what's going on with Hex Parasite. The game decides what mana to use, and I don't think there's any way for us to really influence that. The card itself has the right mana cost, so from there, it's up to the engine.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby AngelLestat » 05 Jul 2017, 01:36

Hi Xander.. Long time from the last time I was kinda active in this forum..
Looking for some extra card for my google drive combo mods (which I play with friends some time ago) I notice that the Community Wad (this dream that I saw from its beginnings but with huge obstacles in that time) is almost ready, perfect and better than I ever imagine..

I cant believe it "PERFECT". but reading in the webpage of this community wad.. it said nothing about multiplayer..
There are no even groups or forums to chat about it. Why?

It said that there is some issues, than only few people was able to play it in multiplayer. what issues?
If you have the original game in steam.. and both players has the same files (same community wad with the same decks), then there is no issue at all to play multiplayer using steam.

Or there is something else that I am missing?
I play before with 4 friends at the same time using our own mod selection with our own decks in all vs all or 2vs2 in steam, there was some issues, but we knew how to avoid them.
We only needed organization, we had a system with the drive, and a txt to comment if someone made a change or update something in the drive. It just took us few minutes before start to set everything.
Well.. I will try and download this community wad, then if someone wants.. we can test the multiplayer.
AngelLestat

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Jul 2017, 02:15

AngelLestat wrote:Hi Xander.. Long time from the last time I was kinda active in this forum..
Looking for some extra card for my google drive combo mods (which I play with friends some time ago) I notice that the Community Wad (this dream that I saw from its beginnings but with huge obstacles in that time) is almost ready, perfect and better than I ever imagine..

I cant believe it "PERFECT". but reading in the webpage of this community wad.. it said nothing about multiplayer..
There are no even groups or forums to chat about it. Why?

It said that there is some issues, than only few people was able to play it in multiplayer. what issues?
If you have the original game in steam.. and both players has the same files (same community wad with the same decks), then there is no issue at all to play multiplayer using steam.

Or there is something else that I am missing?
I play before with 4 friends at the same time using our own mod selection with our own decks in all vs all or 2vs2 in steam, there was some issues, but we knew how to avoid them.
We only needed organization, we had a system with the drive, and a txt to comment if someone made a change or update something in the drive. It just took us few minutes before start to set everything.
Well.. I will try and download this community wad, then if someone wants.. we can test the multiplayer.
I'm on my way home, so I'll respond more in depth in a few minutes, but for the short term, multiplayer send to work, but it takes a bit of effort because the community wad is too big...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Jul 2017, 02:50

Alright, so I'm home now, so I can respond a bit more in depth.

For quite awhile, multiplayer wasn't working and we weren't sure why. Within the last week or so I think we've got it mostly figured out. The issue seems to be that the game has trouble loading too much data. In single player, it doesn't cause any trouble, but in multiplayer, it needs to communicate some of that info to the servers, and it seems to have difficulty managing that when the entire CW is installed.

So, the fix seems to be to choose a few decks (I'd suggest 20 or fewer to start with; more if that works and fewer if it doesn't), installing them, and then running the "Isolate Used Cards and Art.exe" file I made. This file will extract the CW and all installed decks, determine which cards those decks use, determine which art those cards use, and make a new wad file from all of the cards and art it found, plus all of the extra files like functions and whatnot. With this lite version of the CW, multiplayer appears to work fine. I know there are a few people already wanting to play multiplayer, and I'd suggest heading to the discord (see my signature) if you'd like to find someone to play with.

The exe you'll need can be found in the Community Wad Public Tools folder on Google Drive. You'll also need the Gibbed Tools folder if you don't already have it. It'll tell you where to put everything, just make sure it's not anywhere inside of Program Files because it needs to write new files (namely, the new lite wad).

If you have any issues, I'd suggest the discord for that, too, but here will also work if you don't get a quick response.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014