It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:52

Text Size

[partly confirmed]Sacrifice triggers vs. Disintegrate

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[partly confirmed]Sacrifice triggers vs. Disintegrate

Postby Korath » 05 Jul 2017, 01:51

Describe the bug:
If I Disintegrate a creature but don't deal enough damage to kill it, then later sacrifice it, my Mortician Beetle doesn't trigger. I used an Arachnoid and an Atog to test, but that doesn't matter.

Also, at least in dev, Disintegrate makes three effects (two visible, one invisible) besides the damage card. It shouldn't need more than one, and three's definitely excessive.

Which card behaved improperly?
Disintegrate's death-replacement effect.

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Dev 98e0130.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
A sacrifice is still a sacrifice even if the zone where the card ends up is replaced.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
Yes, quite. Lots of things replace cards leaving the battlefield with them being exiled, and plenty more replace either that or just moving to the graveyard with moving to other zones. The unearth mechanic (e.g. Dregscape Zombie), Whip of Erebos, Firestorm Phoenix, Gravebane Zombie, Kumano, Master Yamabushi, Anafenza, the Foremost, Possessed Skaab, and Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet are some representative examples.

Cards that trigger on something being sacrificed are much rarer, but it's not really their fault. I think the full list is Bloodbriar, Daring Sleuth // Bearer of Overwhelming Truths, Dragon Appeasement, Fleeting Memories, Furnace Celebration, Graf Mole, It That Betrays, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Mortician Beetle, Ruthless Deathfang, Savra, Queen of the Golgari, Smothering Abomination, Thraximundar, Tireless Tracker, and Ulvenwald Mysteries. All except Dragon Appeasement are in Manalink.

This is maybe related, maybe not.

As an aside, the unearth mechanic is very badly broken - it makes the creature enter the battlefield as a token, gives it a "When this token leaves the battlefield, its owner creates a nontoken copy of it in exile" trigger, and hacks most things, including display, so that they don't consider unearthed tokens to be unearthed. Though that at least probably means unearth won't exhibit this bug.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 05 Jul 2017, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: partly confirmed
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: Sacrifice triggers vs. Disintegrate

Postby Aswan jaguar » 05 Jul 2017, 12:43

I confirm that it makes 3 effects in public version, too.

For the sacrifice triggers, in public version Mortician Beetle in your example will trigger but not immediately as it should.It will trigger as soon as another action is performed.It triggered when in 2nd main I sacrificed another creature (triggered 2 times one for each sacrifice) also another time it triggered in my next turn when I played a land.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [partly confirmed]Sacrifice triggers vs. Disintegrate

Postby Korath » 05 Jul 2017, 14:40

I can repro that in dev, too, so long as the Mortician Beetle has an earlier timestamp than the Disintegrate effect.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Bug Reports