It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:15

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby agarwaen » 16 Jul 2017, 19:57

Could you update the Commander deck selection the same way was done to normal deck selection, please? The new design is so much better then the old, but commander was left behind.
agarwaen

Postby correioalternativo » 18 Jul 2017, 14:24

Actual version:
phases right side.png

Suggestion:
phases left side.png

Sometimes when I have to click on avatar pic, I accidentally click on UP, DR, M1 etc.
These pairs of characters (UP, M1, M2, ET etc.), make them a fixed size square or replace them with icons.

Thank you for Forge.
correioalternativo

Postby Turbomoose » 21 Jul 2017, 15:29

I was wondering if we could get a sealed deck mode for Quests
Turbomoose

Postby Kiryu666 » 21 Jul 2017, 23:06

1 Extra options for Momir basic " format,colors,ramdom color pie etc Or that already exists in the basically constructed mode ;) ;)

2 Expanded quest mode (mainly tons of new decks and new features) basically a 2.0 quest mode [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

3 That is made an official topic for images of quest mode (booster box fat packs etc etc) already renamed so that the puddle forge recognize them

Sorry for so many requests but it's the first time i come here this topic hehe :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kiryu666

Postby friarsol » 22 Jul 2017, 00:25

Turbomoose wrote:I was wondering if we could get a sealed deck mode for Quests
Want to be more clear about what you want?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Seravy » 22 Jul 2017, 10:00

Yea, I think it would make sense if it wasn't just draft events but also sealed events (and whatever else WoTC invented in my absence if any) for some variety.

Also, in addition to "duel" other game modes such Vanguard or whatever else, honestly I still haven't looked into what game modes WoTC made official (back in my days, these didn't exist and had no official rules) - Obviously these would need a lot of time to get added and would need many new AI decks for them.

...by the way, I wonder. The most commonly played multiplayer variant in my country was "the player with the highest life total wins when any other player loses", is there an official variant like that? If yes, under what name? It was a lot of fun.
Seravy

Postby friarsol » 22 Jul 2017, 12:46

Seravy wrote:Also, in addition to "duel" other game modes such Vanguard or whatever else, honestly I still haven't looked into what game modes WoTC made official (back in my days, these didn't exist and had no official rules) - Obviously these would need a lot of time to get added and would need many new AI decks for them.
We've talked about this. The biggest hurdle is having quest nor handle multiple deck editor types and building all the decks.

Also Vanguard came out in 1997, that was before your time?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Seravy » 22 Jul 2017, 16:36

Nope, I played from 1999 to 2006, maybe 7 or 8 but it wasn't included in the official rules.
They were just cards could use outside tournaments for fun and that was all. I owned about a dozen but they were pretty rare to see. Non-tournament play - such as multiplayer or Vanguard - wasn't covered in rules at least not until the very end of the period. (fortunately, Vanguard is fairly trivial to figure out how to use. 2v2 though...I think I read the rules for that when it was finally defined and was shocked to find how different it is.)
Of course I might be wrong - it was too long ago and memory isn't exactly my strength.
Seravy

Postby Xyx » 25 Jul 2017, 22:55

There's a filter feature in the Deck Editor. One of the filters is "Folder". It lists ALL THE FOLDERS in one ginormous list. I have a lot of folders, so in my case the list is roughly twice as big as my screen. (See image.) I can't scroll through the list, and it's sorted in a way that I can't make sense of. This filter is super awesome IF the folder I need happens to be in the visible part of the list but useless otherwise.

What'd be great is if it could do a nested display of folders so that I could more easily locate (and actually click) the folder that I need.
Attachments
Forge Folders filter.png
Xyx
Tester

Postby Chakan » 31 Jul 2017, 00:41

I have been playing Quest mode for quite some time now and I have a few thoughts I'd like to share. I apologize in advance if I'm being a bit too opinionated.

1 - Is it possible that we move away from having basic lands that come in booster packs in quest mode? In my experience, it just floods up the quest inventory and it's rather pointless since we can add basic land from the deck editor anyway. To get foil lands, perhaps we could pay coins to have that land displayed with a foil effect by right clicking it from the deck editor. Also, maybe we can remove sets from the basic land tool that doesn't really have any basic land, like the Welcome Decks.

2- I miss being able to purchase the special color booster packs on a consistent basis. Ever since I could remember, you could go to the shop and buy 3 or 5 special color booster packs, now they show up randomly and in random available amounts.

3 - A quick sell function in the quest deck editor would be pretty convenient.

4 - A configurable button in quest shop mode that purchases all items you have the function set to (such as loose cards, booster packs, etc.) that you currently don't have 4 (or whatever number a player has the value set to) of to save time, not having to buy things you want individually.

5 - In quest shop mode, if you purchase multiple booster packs or booster boxes, you have to click through multiple dialog boxes. Having everything opened in one merged box would be more convenient.

6 - I preferred when, in quest mode, you could click the "random opponent" button to play against a random deck, I figured the new way was done to translate better for the Android version though.

7 - Any chance of being able to play other modes of play like Commander, Archenemy, Two Headed Giant, Vanguard, or Planechase in Quest mode?

8 - I was thinking of a new feature for quest mode, a new section of the Bazaar that players can buy one time effects for the next game. Such as rolling a die and getting that much life at the beginning of the match, option to cast a spell for free, start the game with a random permanent put on the battlefield, etc. Would something like this be difficult to implement?

9 - A function to play against a random computer generated decks would help keep quest mode fresh.

10 - Ability to have computer assemble a preconstructed deck (or popular player built deck) in deck editor if you currently own the required cards.
Chakan

Postby Seravy » 31 Jul 2017, 09:52

1. I don't mind the lands in packs but would prefer if I could sell all the unwanted lands without them getting removed from the decks. What clogs up the inventory isn't just the lands from packs, but also the lands you use for building decks.
7. I would like this too
8. I think this wouldn't be hard to add.
9. Nice idea
10. There is an "open deck" in the quest editor, is it not working? I never actually tried it myself.
Seravy

Postby lefty » 02 Aug 2017, 04:21

Don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but in quest mode, it would be kinda neat to see the per-deck win/loss records for decks you've created. I've got several decks going within a quest right now and it would be cool to compare them on win loss or maybe margin of victory, average round number for a win, anything else. Another cool thing to see would be your per quest record against specific duel opponents, both overall and per deck. Then you can see how many time you've squared off against Homer Simpson, or how often Elrond has owned you.

Would be excellent to get this active on Android especially!

Thanks for all the hard work and constant tweaking to keep making the awesomness of Forge even better! You devs rock!
lefty

Postby lefty » 02 Aug 2017, 14:59

one more... an indicator in the selection list in puzzle mode that shows which puzzles you've already completed. Maybe different font, or an asterisk or something?
lefty

Postby Gilg » 20 Aug 2017, 16:44

In Quest Mode, when you're unlocking sets, can you include an option to get all the cards from the set you're unlocking? Similar to the option when you're starting a quest where you can get all the cards from your starting pool set. I think it's an interesting option for building up your card collection in that mode.
Gilg

Postby Taris36 » 29 Aug 2017, 07:01

Would it be possible to add the option to play the Momir Basic with Vanguard? I wanted to play that mode with the Stonehewer Giant avatar, but it won't let me pick both.
Taris36

PreviousNext

Return to Forge