It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:43

Text Size

Unable to connect to any server

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Unable to connect to any server

Postby whyborg » 01 Aug 2017, 12:07

Hey, I'm having trouble connecting to either xmage.de or woogerworks on this computer (that I have in my parents home). I've found similar issues on the internet but those either didn't have a solution or the solutions didn't work for me. Since its the only computer I own, I cannot test to see if its a problem on the computer side or router side.

The computer with the connection issues runs in Turkish version of Windows 7 if that matters.

All it says in the client is "Unable to connect to the server", I'll attach the console error messages below.

I've been having this issue since mid July, before that I've never used xmage on this computer. I do not think this is related to server issues people had last couple of days.
Attachments
Adsız.png
error in the console
whyborg

Re: Unable to connect to any server

Postby whyborg » 23 Sep 2017, 12:47

Bump, still no solution, tried on another computer with English OS in the same network, no problem.

Turkish i is İ capitilized instead of I, and that might be the issue
whyborg

Re: Unable to connect to any server

Postby LevelX » 02 Oct 2017, 20:56

I can remember that this problem already had some other users some time ago.

It seems to be related to a incompability between the used network layer framework (JBoss) of xmage and the language version (Turkish) of your windows system. This network layer is old and there will be no more updated for it.
So you probably won't get a solution until xmage will be using a new network framework.
There are currently (afaik) no plans to change the network layer framework.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage