It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:14

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 03 Oct 2017, 01:01

Thanks for checking them over. I'd noticed line 428, but I was only glancing through each line looking for something likely, not looking for the 'most likely', even if the 'most likely' was still unlikely.

For line 119, I wasn't actually sure if it would consider the commented line at all. Depending on how the game interprets the code, I found it possible (albeit unlikely) that it might consider line 120 to be the first line within that RTA, making it line 2. Either way, the only object indexed between the two is MTG(), so it shouldn't cause the issue.

I went ahead and put in a check for the card type object on line 428 since it does seem most likely, and I also put a nil check for EffectDC() on line 414 just to play it safe.

And yeah, I'd counted the number of instances just by highlighting RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION and hitting 'count' in Notepad++ (and mentally divided by 2) leaving a naive 18 since I forgot some were commented out.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby aidscoi168 » 06 Oct 2017, 14:38

Unclaimed Territory still got issue, if we use second tap ability to cast only for 1 creature type ( in my case is Dinosaur ) and already used these mana, it not remove from mana pool so i can cast new dino creature if mana from other lands still can pay for non specific color of mana requirement ( I cast Thundering Spineback with 2 green mana from Unclaimed Territory, and still can cast Grazing Whiptail even i don't have forest lands )
aidscoi168

Postby erjerjerj » 09 Oct 2017, 18:29

Bug report:

Vile Manifestation ability doesn't work (its power remain zero)
I get this error message when I exit the game:
"[lua] [string "VILE_MANIFESTATION_CW_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000b7d"]:7: unexpected symbol near '>'"

Another question, I have built a cycling deck, and the game draw phase is skipped once in a while - is there a connection to the cycling mechanism? (on one duel I have started with 6 cards before any mulligan)
Is this a new DoTP bug?
erjerjerj

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Oct 2017, 01:38

It's not one I've seen, but if you post the deck, then I can check into the cards.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby erjerjerj » 10 Oct 2017, 06:05

That what I thought, there is a card which the game doesn't draw successfully (this will explain the 'once in a while').

The cards which are part of the deck, but haven't reach my hand yet are:
Wasteland Scorpion
Jace, Cunning Castaway

Another three questions:
1. Is there a way to control the order of effects which triggered by the same event? I would like Vizier of Tumbling Sands cycling ability to go first, so I will be able to use it to generate more mana for the other triggers.
2. Is there a way to assign 1 damage for each creature when using a creature with deathtouch?
3.Is there a way to manually tap basic lands? (using Vizier of Tumbling Sands for mana ramp)
erjerjerj

Postby chiefeweight » 10 Oct 2017, 09:21

Bug report:
When the Doubling Season is on the battlefield, and I activate the ultimate skill of Tamiyo, Field Researcher, I will get two emblems. Then I use Sudden Disappearance targeting myself, the emblems are gone as Sudden Disappearance resolves, and I cannot cast spells without paying their mana cost anymore.

I remembered that before July, the Tamiyo, Field Researcher will only get me an invisible emblem which allows me to cast spells without paying their mana cost, even if I cast Sudden Disappearance. Maybe some changes of Doubling Season or planeswalkers who can give players an emblem not good enough. Can you fix that? Thanks a lot!
Last edited by chiefeweight on 11 Oct 2017, 07:08, edited 2 times in total.
chiefeweight

Postby RiiakShiNal » 10 Oct 2017, 10:32

erjerjerj wrote:1. Is there a way to control the order of effects which triggered by the same event? I would like Vizier of Tumbling Sands cycling ability to go first, so I will be able to use it to generate more mana for the other triggers.
Unfortunately, DotP does not allow the player to control ability ordering. If the abilities that you want ordered are on the same card then the card creator can adjust the coding on the card to ensure a specific ordering. If the abilities you want ordered are not on the same card then ordering is virtually impossible.

erjerjerj wrote:2. Is there a way to assign 1 damage for each creature when using a creature with deathtouch?
Last time I played DotP, the engine already allowed for this without any special code (though I could be mixing up DotP 2014 and DotP 2013). Though usually the only way to set up this situation is getting the AI to block the deathtouch creature with more than one creature (from something like lure or additionally using trample when they are low on life). If you have something that allows your deathtouch creature to block multiple creatures then it could work defensively.

erjerjerj wrote:3.Is there a way to manually tap basic lands? (using Vizier of Tumbling Sands for mana ramp)
Yes, the original Manual Mana Functions mod allowed for manual mana tapping on all basic lands. The CW did not put that part of the original mod in, but you can always add the Manual Mana Functions to your directory to have it override basic lands to allow them to be manually tapped for mana.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 10 Oct 2017, 11:10

erjerjerj wrote:3.Is there a way to manually tap basic lands? (using Vizier of Tumbling Sands for mana ramp)
Another option for this is to put MM versions of the basic lands directly into the deck (rather than allowing it to use a pool to populate your lands). If you search for the basic land you want in the deckbuilder and select the ones that have MM in the name, such as ISLAND_MM_CW_397456, and add as many copies as you need, then you will have the ones you want.

Keep in mind that the AI will have difficulty playing any MM lands, so you would only want to have a human player play a deck with these types of lands in it.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby erjerjerj » 10 Oct 2017, 18:37

Thanks for your answers.

How do I add the Manual Mana Functions to my directory?
erjerjerj

Postby erjerjerj » 10 Oct 2017, 20:02

Bug report:

Champion of Wits ability doesn't work (no card were drawn)

I have taken out of the deck Wasteland Scorpion and Jace, Cunning Castaway,
so they aren't the cause of the bug.
erjerjerj

Postby RiiakShiNal » 11 Oct 2017, 10:07

erjerjerj wrote:Thanks for your answers.

How do I add the Manual Mana Functions to my directory?
You can find and download it here. After that just put it into your DotP directory alongside the CW.

Splinterverse wrote:Keep in mind that the AI will have difficulty playing any MM lands, so you would only want to have a human player play a deck with these types of lands in it.
The AI has problems using the MM functions, if the lands are basic or have a regular MANA_ABILITY then the AI generally has no issues playing and using the lands (so there really isn't a downside to MM versions of basic lands, unless you consider seeing and having the manual ability available a downside).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Oct 2017, 11:18

The only downside I noticed with all basic lands having the MM abilities (and what prompted me not to include that portion of the mod directly and instead leave it up to users) was that it slows down the AI. This is likely related to how powerful the computer running it is, but it was relatively significant for mine. Mind you, I'm not warning away from using the full MM mod, just noting my reason for not including that bit of it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nguyenxthinh » 12 Oct 2017, 06:24

Bug report:

1) I think this one is minor because Sphinx-Bone Wand is working as intented.
[lua] [string "SPHINXBONE_WAND_CW_292760_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000351"]:8: attempt to index a nil value
2) The creature equipped with Hot Soup can be blocked though.
[lua] [string "HOT_SOUP_CW_383269_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000308"]:4: attempt to call global 'GetCurrentCharacteristics' (a nil value)
nguyenxthinh

Postby Xander9009 » 12 Oct 2017, 09:25

I've addressed the following cards.

Vile Manifestation
Doubling Season
Sudden Disappearance (Tamiyo's emblem wasn't the problem.)
Champion of Wits
Sphinx-Bone Wand
Hot Soup

They should all be working after the next repack, but let me know if they're not.

@erjerjerj: If your deck is having the same trouble without those two cards, then I can't really look into it from my end any further. I'd checked what I thought might have been the problem, but Jace was fine. If you'd like, you can drop upload the wad file here and I'll look into it. Just let me know if you do so I'm aware of it.

@aidscoi168: I didn't yet get a chance to look into Unclaimed Territory. Most of the other issues have been pretty simple ones, but restricted mana is one of the more complicated abilities and checking why it's not working properly will likely be difficult. I didn't ignore your post, though, promise. I'll do it when I get the chance.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby erjerjerj » 14 Oct 2017, 17:19

Three more bugs:

1. Vile Manifestation gets +1/+1 instead of +1/+0

2. Banewhip Punisher sacrifice ability doesn't work, it doesn't even let me to pay the mana and sacrifce it.

3. While having one card with cycling in the graveyard, I have activated Jace, Cunning Castaway first ability and attacked with Vile Manifestation which was a 1/5 creature.
The attack was not blocked and I have drawn 6 cards instead of 1, and the game got stuck on that combat phase (I had to conceal the duel)
(I have decided not to use Jace, Cunning Castaway in my deck for being too slow, just reporting the bug)

Thanks for all the fixes so far.
erjerjerj

PreviousNext

Return to 2014