It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:40

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby nivmizzet1 » 16 Oct 2017, 13:38

well I finally got around to fixing MM Cavern of Souls, so it's usable now. I also found and fixed a bug with Lightning Crafter.
nivmizzet1

Postby krishkrush » 16 Oct 2017, 15:53

Any hope for a transformation cards fix?
krishkrush

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Oct 2017, 20:45

I've been fixing ones I come across, but I hit a wall with Jace, Cunning Castaway. Whenever I use his ultimate, the game crashes. The only fix I've found is to make the tokens creatures, but that shouldn't be necessary. Not even artifact worked, and we've got working artifacts. But that was last night when I was super exhausted after work, so I'll try again today.

@krishkrush: What's wrong with them? I need more info. I didn't realize transform cards weren't working. I'll go test a few now, but yeah, let us know what they're doing wrong and in what situations (and which cards, specifically, suffer the issue) and I'll try to fix them the best I can.

@Everyone: Also, it'll take me a couple of weeks to adjust, but my job has slowed way down such that I finally have a few days off every week, so I should hopefully be able to devote a little more time to the CW. I know a few issues have stacked up while I was busy.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby krishkrush » 16 Oct 2017, 21:24

Xander9009 wrote:
@krishkrush: What's wrong with them? I need more info. I didn't realize transform cards weren't working. I'll go test a few now, but yeah, let us know what they're doing wrong and in what situations (and which cards, specifically, suffer the issue) and I'll try to fix them the best I can.

I already posted this many months ago. I don't know if the new ones also have this problem but i noticed this with my werewolf deck. Basically all werewolf cards do not transform when triggered. But the abilities trigger such as Ulrics buff ability when transforming. Just look up my last posts, theres also a log attached.
krishkrush

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Oct 2017, 22:23

krishkrush wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:

I already posted this many months ago. I don't know if the new ones also have this problem but i noticed this with my werewolf deck. Basically all werewolf cards do not transform when triggered. But the abilities trigger such as Ulrics buff ability when transforming. Just look up my last posts, theres also a log attached.
I tested a few of the transforming cards you listed in your previous post, but they all worked without any problems. I can think of two things that might cause this sort of issue. 1) Are you sure you have the most up-to-date version of the CW? 2) Do you have any other mods installed? Ideally, the CW would work alongside other mods, but in reality it's not very good at cooperating with others. That's usually not an issue since it contains every card that all of the other mods have, and the decks they add are mostly converted and available via the CW's decks folder. This seems most likely to me, but it could be something else.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 17 Oct 2017, 02:22

Xander9009 wrote:Not yet addressed:
This is a short list of things I'd noticed I hadn't yet dealt with at the time (June 13th). Their current status:
Transform cards are working on my end. If someone else notices they're not working, I'd suggest heading to the discord channel (signature has a link) and I'll do my best to help figure out why.
Adriana, Captain of the Guard and Wings of the Guard are both fixed.
The interaction between The Monarch and Planeswalkers is... probably not fixable. Maybe a stroke of genius will occur at some point, but it's just a very basic trigger that we can't really alter too much. We may have to live with it for now.
I couldn't replicate the issue with the hydras. I tried, but nothing made this occur. So, either it was a fluke, something else was going on that wasn't actually a bug, or it'll need a very specific set of circumstances to trigger it.

Other things I've fixed over the last couple of days include a handful of cards I noticed not working while making a few decks.
Brazen Buccaneers - This card's filename was misspelled. It's been corrected. If you have a deck using this card, the next CW update will crash your game until you edit the deck in the deckbuilder to replace the old copy with the new one.
Jace, Vryn's Prodigy//Jace, Telepath Unbound - Had a hardcoded copy of the Planeswalker Uniqueness Rule which needed to be removed.
Nissa, Vastwood Seer//Nissa, Sage Animist - Same as Jace.
Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker - Same as Jace.
Jace's Sentinel - Wasn't getting its buffs while you control a Jace. Also had +2/+0 instead of +1/+0.
Adanto Vanguard - Just added an auto-skip for when it already has indestructible (mostly for use with a combo in my deck so you can quickly drop yourself to 0 life without waiting for several instances to resolve).
Conqueror's Galleon//Conqueror's Foothold - XML typo broke the card and threw an error in the Deck Builder.
Deathgorge Scavenger - Was missing its mana cost.
Vernal Bloom - Made the mana creation ability forced skip.
Sky Terror - Corrected expansion abbreviation from IXA to XLN.
Added Huatli to the planeswalkers spec file so her subtype would show up properly.
Grasping Current - Was allowing you to return one target from your library AND your graveyard instead of only one.
Gideon's Resolve - Same as Grasping Current, but for Gideon.
Liberating Combustion - Same as Grasping Current, but for Chandra.
Liliana's Influence - Same as Grasping Current, but for Liliana.
Nissa's Encouragement - Same as Grasping Current, but for Nissa.
Visage of Bolas - Same as Grasping Current, but for Bolas.

There were also a handful of other minor fixes. I don't remember which ones, but there were a few cards whose art was messed up somehow, including typos and stuff.

Jace, Cunning Castaway is not working properly (ultimate crashes the game).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby krishkrush » 17 Oct 2017, 07:22

Hm i don't have installed any other mods besides the deck conversions of the other dotp versions (2012, etc.) decks. So if i remove those it should be working? Kind of a bad tradeoff considering it's only the transformation cards not working properly...

I also recently disvovered that the automatic updating tool isn't working for me (maybe because microsoft changed their service? Does it need admin rights?). So i copied everything manually to update my game files.
krishkrush

Postby RiiakShiNal » 17 Oct 2017, 10:29

krishkrush wrote:Hm i don't have installed any other mods besides the deck conversions of the other dotp versions (2012, etc.) decks. So if i remove those it should be working? Kind of a bad tradeoff considering it's only the transformation cards not working properly...
If you are talking about GrovyleXShinyCelebi's deck conversions then those could definitely cause problems as those mods were not set up properly to coexist with other mods and they conflict with many cards/functions.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby krishkrush » 17 Oct 2017, 11:40

RiiakShiNal wrote:
krishkrush wrote:Hm i don't have installed any other mods besides the deck conversions of the other dotp versions (2012, etc.) decks. So if i remove those it should be working? Kind of a bad tradeoff considering it's only the transformation cards not working properly...
If you are talking about GrovyleXShinyCelebi's deck conversions then those could definitely cause problems as those mods were not set up properly to coexist with other mods and they conflict with many cards/functions.
Okay. I use exactly those deck conversions you mentioned. Are there any alternatives besides constructing them by myself?
krishkrush

Postby RiiakShiNal » 18 Oct 2017, 10:09

krishkrush wrote:Okay. I use exactly those deck conversions you mentioned. Are there any alternatives besides constructing them by myself?
Not that I am aware of, but probably most of the cards are available in the CW so since you definitely have the card lists you should be able to reconstruct them in the Deck Builder using cards from the CW.

It would be fairly easy for myself or someone else to rebuild the decks exactly as they were from the previous games, but GrovyleXShinyCelebi remixed the decks somewhat (i.e. they don't have exactly the same cards as the decks from the previous games) and most of us don't have those card lists to rebuild them.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby chiefeweight » 19 Oct 2017, 03:57

Xander9009 wrote:I've addressed the following cards.

Vile Manifestation
Doubling Season
Sudden Disappearance (Tamiyo's emblem wasn't the problem.)
Champion of Wits
Sphinx-Bone Wand
Hot Soup

They should all be working after the next repack, but let me know if they're not.
Thanks for your work, really appreciate it! Looking forward to the update.
chiefeweight

Postby erjerjerj » 20 Oct 2017, 12:28

Bug report:

Daring Saboteur is 0/0 instead of 2/1 creature.
erjerjerj

Postby nivmizzet1 » 20 Oct 2017, 13:37

is Vines of Vastwood bugged? I just played a game where it didn't grant my creature "hexproof". I swear it's worked in the past though...

EDIT: or maybe it didn't like an interaction with River Kelpie?

Code: Select all
[lua] [string "RIVER_KELPIE_CW_146094_TITLE (AUTO_SKIP)~0x00002a5c"]:3: attempt to call local 'effectController' (a table value)
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Oct 2017, 16:12

FIxed Daring Saboteur and River Kelpie. I looked at Vines of Vastwood, but it looks right.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 22 Oct 2017, 13:03

Xander9009 wrote:FIxed Daring Saboteur and River Kelpie. I looked at Vines of Vastwood, but it looks right.
It looks like River Kelpie is fixed, but Vines of Vastwood still isn't granting hexproof...

EDIT: I'm not sure, but I think the problem might be on line 64:
if target ~= nil and EffectDC():Get_Int(2) == 1 then

It's the same int as for the +4/+4 effect; I'm thinking it will only grant hexproof if it was kicked?

why is the code so convoluted anyway; into the roil seems much simpler; can't the code (from target def to duration block) just be something like:
      <TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
         local filter = ClearFilter()
         filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
      </TARGET_DEFINITION>
      <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="6">
         local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0) and EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
         if target ~= nil then
            target:GetCurrentCharacteristics():Bool_Set(CHARACTERISTIC_HEXPROOF, 1)
         end
      </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
      <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="7C">
         if EffectSource():WasKicked() then
         local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0) and EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
         if target ~= nil then
            local characteristics = target:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
            characteristics:Power_Add(4)
            characteristics:Toughness_Add(4)
         end
                        end
      </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
      <DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT" />
EDIT: added a missing 'end' in the kicker continuous action; but also here to report that the unkicked ability works with this code but the kicker doesn't.
nivmizzet1

PreviousNext

Return to 2014