It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:13

Text Size

New Installation: Image-Download and Mixed Pictures

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

New Installation: Image-Download and Mixed Pictures

Postby KnightErrant » 16 Nov 2017, 09:46

Hello everyone,

I'm a new user of XMage and had some problems with the card pictures. Some other users also reported such problems.
The good news is: I fixed the major one.

Problem 1:
You have a new installation of XMage and press the images-button to download all the missing card pictures.
A small window apears saying "Get all available cards from the repository". After a short time the text changes to "Check which cards are missing."
And this will take till Armageddon...
When you have a look at the java-status-window of the client and read the messages you will see, that there is a line with an violation of the naming-rules with the card "Pang Tong, "Young Phoenix""... There are quotation marks " used instead of '.
This is already mentioned at the devolopers-bug-list at github: /magefree/mage/issues/4148
[forum-system prevents me from posting links...]

What I have done:
I created the zip-archive manually and put one single image file in it, named [Pang Tong, 'Young Phoenix'.full.jpg] (exluding the brackets).
So you will have an archive-Entry: PTK.zip/PTK/Pang Tong, 'Young Phoenix'.full.jpg
You can make an individual scan of the card, download it from anywhere or use a photo of your girlfriend... :D

Now the client should be able to complete his search for missing cards and go on to the download. This leads to...

Problem 2:
Some of the downloaded pictures are switched. So you will have an [Forest] with the card picture of a [Wall of Swords] and many others. Affected are especially the older sets. There seems to be a problem either in the sources or in the re-naming-procedure of the client...
In one of the threads is the hint to clear the whole folder and download the files form only one source (wizards). [Remember to leave the Pang Tong in his folder...or you will have Problem 1 again :roll: ]
I've tried it and downloaded all the files from wizards but the confusion still exists.

Maybe my work-around for #1 helps some others...
But please: find a solution for #2
KnightErrant

Re: New Installation: Image-Download and Mixed Pictures

Postby Disaster740 » 19 Nov 2017, 11:08

You're a hero. Don't know if I have images messed up yet though still downloading all of them.
Disaster740

Postby Malficar » 22 Nov 2017, 00:14

i'm trying to figure out what to do, i'm drawing a complete blank, i don;t know where to create the folder and what not, is it possible someone can dumb this down so much that even an insect could do it cause i am having difficulty trying this right now, i'm missing a card called Sleeping dragon, i get the error in my console--- Illegal char <"> at index 22: PTK.zip/PTK/Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon".full.jpg

what do i do
Malficar

Postby ZeroEight » 22 Nov 2017, 06:36

I agree, can this be dumbed down for us simpletons please? I tried reinstalling the program and even tried installing it on another computer and I get stuck on the same phase. Any help would be great! Thanks :)
ZeroEight

Postby KnightErrant » 24 Nov 2017, 08:06

Hello Malficar, hi ZeroEight,
this seems to be the same type of problem that I discribed above. Have you tried to put a correct named card in the appropriate zip-File in your images-folder?
So you should have Kongming, 'Sleeping Dragon'.full.jpg AND Pang Tong, 'Young Phoenix'.full.jpg in the same zip-folder: PTK.zip/PTK/.
Please recognize you have an additional folder in the zip-file. So I suggest: put the to files in an new folder (named PTK) anywhere on your PC. Then zip it with the name PTK.zip and move it completely to your images-Folder of XMage.
KnightErrant

Postby vinnie » 26 Nov 2017, 01:18

I solved it with gatherer extractor and this file of abbreviations modified by me (remove .txt extension from the attachment and put file in data folder of gatherer).

Abreviations.cfg.txt
(10.99 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

- used gatherer version: 4.3b
- card source: magiccards.info
- deselect conflux edition (it procure an error)
vinnie

Postby aitrus » 02 Dec 2017, 16:04

As with those above, I get the idea of what the problem is here - autodownloader getting stuck because there are " instead of ' on a card name. But in terms of creating a file to bypass the issue I haven't the foggiest of what this folder/file are supposed to be or where I'm supposed to create them. I look in my xmage folder and see nothing like "images" as a subfolder where I would add or create anything to solve the problem :S

Presumably the developers (?) know this and will release a fix soon (?) Pretty big bug for anyone doing a new install!
aitrus

Postby EdGeMaGe » 29 Dec 2017, 05:53

I ran into this same issue and have posted it as a bug in the bug reporting thread.

When downloading images from Scryfall I get the incorrect image for some sets - for example, 2ED\Black Knight.full.jpg shows the artwork for Balance. So you're not the only one seeing this issue.

I am about to try moving aside the Scryfall images and downloading only from Gatherer to see if this corrects the issue.
EdGeMaGe

Postby JayDi » 03 Jan 2018, 22:47

Wrong card loading from old deck list will be fixed in next v11 release. You can wait it or download current dev version (500 MB). Also you can load your deck file to http://deckstats.net/ (no registration required) and copy paster deck list to xmage by clipboard import.
JayDi

Return to XMage