It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:00

Text Size

HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG) 2013

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG) 2013

Postby Indigo Dragon » 30 Nov 2017, 12:41

MaxMtg wrote:I can't find Commander Anthology in the More Releases Folder or hasn't been scanned yet?
Not yet. In process. "Low Priority".

@Charlequin
Yay! No name mistakes, but...

Low QualityRadiant Fountain
Rakdos Carnarium

Odd Discrepancies in the Black Mythics
Necropotence (Most Obvious)
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
Sheoldred, Whispering One

Maybe this is related to how odd Vampiric Tutor in EMA has a weird left side?
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

Postby charlequin » 30 Nov 2017, 18:57

Radiant Fountain and Rakdos Carnarium both got processed but somehow skipped in the inport -> export workflow. Necropotence and Sheoldred we initially got misprinted scans so we'll need to replace them with the alternate scans. All four of these I'll fix tonight. I don't see anything wrong with the Ob Nixilis image.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby charlequin » 02 Dec 2017, 21:44

The Radiant Fountain, Rakdos Carnarium, Necropotence, and Sheoldred images have all been updated, btw.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby kudit » 03 Dec 2017, 20:38

charlequin wrote:The Radiant Fountain, Rakdos Carnarium, Necropotence, and Sheoldred images have all been updated, btw.
Where can these be found in the more releases folder? In the future, when things are updated or released, I would find it extremely helpful if you could include the folder path or prefix (like Promos/pSSS) since things that are not in the root folder can be difficult to find. Thanks!
Please give feedback on our card database at http://www.deckmaster.info
Send comments via PM here or info@deckmaster.info
kudit

Postby charlequin » 04 Dec 2017, 01:53

These are updated in place in the More Releases > IMA - Iconic Masters folder, within the the 200 DPI Cards, 300 DPI Cards, and 300 DPI Crops subfolders.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby charlequin » 14 Dec 2017, 03:36

Presenting... Unstable!

It was honestly hard to pick which images to showcase for this set, there's just a lot of great stuff. There's cards with multiple distinct variations:

ImageImageImageImage

The long-awaited contraption mechanic:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hosts/augments, full-art lands, and other miscellany:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Plus foil tokens, with full-art images or joke ad cards on the back:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The full set can be found in 200 and 300 DPI, plus 300 DPI crops, at More Releases > UST - Unstable. Thanks to Card Kingdom for providing the scans on this rather elaborate set, and Scryfall (where the whole set, including all variants, is searchable in high-res) for image processing.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby JVSatterwhite » 21 Dec 2017, 09:23

TLDR:
Are the 1997-2004 Championship Decks listed on this site, as found in charlequin's signature links, one hundred percent accurate as to each type/art of various basic lands reprinted in the decks?

Hi everyone. I'm just a random collector passing through your boards, after stumbling across them during a google search. Just wanted to toss a couple of questions out there for your community. I really apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place here; if that's the case, a mod or admin is free to remove my comment and direct me to the correct board. I tried to hunt around, but I'm pretty exhausted this evening, I haven't used a proper forum in like 15 years, and the information I'm after is directly related to this thread's contents.

Honestly, it seems like my questions are mostly aimed towards user charlequin (now that I've added a TLDR to the top, you probably already know this fact), as it's through the links in your signature I've been working and compiling my current information this evening. However, as my question is simply a "yes", "no", or "maybe" answer in the end, I'll take an answer from anyone that can confirm for me.

Now, as for the story as to why I'm here:

So, I'm in the middle of a pretty daunting task. I'm currently compiling a list and binder of every single printing of a basic land from the last 25 years. And I do mean ALL of them. At least, all purposely released ones. I'm not focusing on misprints and things like test prints... not yet anyway. I know there's people out there that collect all the different arts, but I'm going a step further and collecting every individual card with a difference. All reprints, every set symbol. Duel deck reprintings, anthologies, box sets, gold bordered. Salvat is gonna be a PAIN, as every single land from each of the decks in the set has a different collector number. Even a tiny change to the card like that is enough to consider it unique for this project. About the only thing I'm ignoring is different languages. I prefer English cards when available, but seeing as some releases such as Salvat and the alternate art Portal lands aren't available in English, and my Lorwyn and Shadowmoor lands are already German, I'll take anything at this point.

I've been casually collecting them off and on over the last few years, but lately I've gotten pretty serious about it. Trading up for a few missing stragglers, and hunting down the slightly cheaper promos and rarities, like the Arabian Nights mountain, the non-foil Arenas, APAC, Euro, and the like (can't quite afford the GURU and Judge promos yet, but it'll happen one day). I've finally hit the point where my collection fills up more than two bundle/fat pack boxes, probably around 900 unique lands, so it's time to start getting them in order and put into a binder.

The hitch is this: after a lot of internal debate in my brain about how to binder them (do I keep sets together, or let every land type have it's own book? Have a book for Core Sets, a couple of books for expansions, and a couple of books for promos?), I've finally reached the conclusion that I'm just going to do the logical thing, and book them all in release order. Well, as close as I can get to it anyway. I'll probably make a few tweaks, so that all of a single year's Arena lands can be together, despite being released throughout the whole year. I mean, they were probably printed at the same time, so close enough, right?

Maybe you can already see where my potential problem is going to come from by this point. I'm still missing a lot of the more rare and expensive stuff, so I have to leave exact spaces to fill in later. What happens if I goof one up? I'm left redoing 100s of 18-pocket pages just to slip one card in to the right spot. I'm not a fellow that likes to do things twice, so I gotta make sure my list is accurate.

Now, I'm not asking you for help in that - I'll let the hivemind on Reddit scour over it once I'm done, and see what they think. I've been working on this list for two straight weeks, and I'm 99 percent sure it's right. I've been using a multitude of sites to compile the list, and I'm pretty sure I've been able to find everything in existence, right down to info on test prints, 6x9 promo lands, InQuest fantasy cards, and unofficial tokens that I don't care about.

But one thing has eluded me until tonight: those durnblasted World Championship decks. I probably won't be able to acquire them for quite a while, so I need to leave spaces for each year's four decks. But no matter how hard I tried, I simply could not find a visual spoiler or precise list of what was in them. Decklists, sure, all day long. But I don't care that Jon Finkle used ten islands in 2000, I care if he used ten different ARTS of islands. If all ten islands have the same art, set symbol, and collector number, fine, I only need to leave one space. But if I leave one space when I should have left TEN spaces, and I discover it a year from now when I finally get my hands on those decks... I swear I throw the binder out the window. Okay, maybe not, but I'll be REALLY upset.

And that's how I ended up here. Three days I've been ripping Google apart, looking for visual spoilers or scans of the decks. I don't remember the exact combination of search terms I finally used a couple of hours ago that brought me here now, but praise be to Urza that something finally worked.

Now, charlequin, in asking for confirmation of the accuracy of your work, I hope you don't take it as an insult towards your hard work, for I really don't mean it as such. I've spent the last hour checking out various seller sites and doing Google image searches, trying to poke a hole here or there in your lists, but they seem strong and still hold water. While I've found a lot of different gold bordered arts on YOUR list that I can't find anywhere else, I have not been able to find any images from somewhere else that were missing from your list.

The things that are making me question it, besides my own weird combo of perfectionism and insecurity, are probably completely WotC's fault. There's a few strange occurrences within a couple of the decks I would like to point out, and from there you'll understand why I want to double check.

Next day edit: Sitting here with a cup of coffee this morning, I found myself flipping through the pages of this thread again. It seems last night I was one or two pages shy of finding my first answer on my own. Still, I'll leave the question intact, as follows:

First, the 2000 decks. The decklists inserted with each deck state that the basic lands are a mix of three different sets in each deck (in 2000's case, 6th Edition, Urza's Saga, and Masques), yet only one scan of each type of basic appears with each deck, all of them being from 6th Edition. In the other years that mention mixed sets of lands, there is at least one from each of the mentioned sets. I simple can't find any other scans from other lands on any of the half dozen sites I currently have open, though. So I'm really tempted to believe this is a mistake on WotC's part, either not including the other lands, or not removing the text from the decklist after they decided to only print one version of each land per deck. Can anyone that has the physical 2000 WC decks confirm this for me?

Again, I now know the issue with the 2000 decks has already been brought up, and there is indeed only one land per deck.

The other oddity is in the 2001 Tom van de Logt deck. The other decks in 2001 all have MANY arts. Of Jan Tomcani's 11 mainboard basics, there is 11 different arts. Antoine Ruel has 8 islands, with 8 arts. Alex Borteh has 20 forests, and features 12 arts - all four variants from all three sets used. Then you get to van de Logt's deck - 6 swamps with 6 different arts, but 6 mountains with only 3 arts. As before, I can find ZERO evidence online that it's the scans here that are wrong, and I lean towards accusing WotC of making a goof. But I would feel so much better with a confirmation from either the scanner, or someone else with the deck that can check it out for me.

Again, I really hope you don't take this as an attempt to insult you or claim you're missing scans. I've been able to find absolutely no evidence that the mistake is on your end, or on whomever may help you scan or compile your list. But I'm a carpenter, and we have a saying - "Measure twice, cut once; if you measure it once, you'll cut it twice". You always, ALWAYS double check something, even if you're sure it's right. And if you're not sure it's right, you check it again. And again. And again. Considering the hours that I'll have to spend moving cards through pages at a later date if I make a mistake right now, I just wanted to measure twice.

Regardless, know that I really, REALLY appreciate the work you and however many countless others have put in to compiling these scans and lists of cards. Despite 25 years on the internet, and 17 years playing Magic, I never knew this page existed. I'm not sure what I'll ever use this archive for again after I finish my land books, but I'm sure as hell saving it for later. I'll probably need proxies one day, right?

And thank you for time to read and reply to this, and to save me farther work in the future.
JVSatterwhite

Postby charlequin » 21 Dec 2017, 18:13

JVSatterwhite wrote:Now, charlequin, in asking for confirmation of the accuracy of your work, I hope you don't take it as an insult towards your hard work, for I really don't mean it as such.
Oh, believe me: a) I wouldn't bother with any of this stuff if I wasn't interested in accuracy and b) as you've seen there's very few other matching resources in some ways for any of this -- so I'm certainly not gonna take offense at someone wanting to check on it, or pointing out that it's still a bit off somewhere.

Salvat is gonna be a PAIN, as every single land from each of the decks in the set has a different collector number.
You probably already caught this, but just to clarify, the original 2005 Salvat decks (with the full pegasus symbol) are like this, but for the 2011 decks (with the pegasus head) they switched to a more standard numbering, and each distinct illustration on a card has only one shared collector number.

I see you already covered the alternate Portal basics, which is almost always the #1 gotcha I point out to people making this type of list, so I'd say in general you seem to have done pretty thorough research.

First, the 2000 decks. The decklists inserted with each deck state that the basic lands are a mix of three different sets in each deck (in 2000's case, 6th Edition, Urza's Saga, and Masques), yet only one scan of each type of basic appears with each deck, all of them being from 6th Edition.
For this one, I verified as best as possible from three sources: the user who scanned the decks, ebay listings for the decks or cards from the decks, and ABUGames, who maintain a selling list of cards from these decks built off real card images. All three of these sources confirmed only a single 6E image per deck for the basics this year, so absent any other unexpected confirmation this seems to be a WotC mistake. The gold-border decks have notoriously poor quality control (for understandable reasons) anyway -- at the time they switched over from the Alpha to the 5E version of the old card frame, they printed a number of cards whose borders were incorrectly cropped because they didn't notice the difference, for example.

Then you get to van de Logt's deck - 6 swamps with 6 different arts, but 6 mountains with only 3 arts.
This one I didn't do any special additional verification, so maybe someone who owns the deck can help. I did check that there are only three distinct versions listed on ABUGames.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby JVSatterwhite » 21 Dec 2017, 22:19

Thank you so much for the quick response and the info.

I'm certainly not gonna take offense at someone wanting to check on it, or pointing out that it's still a bit off somewhere.
Awesome. Good to hear. People can be touchy these days, often rightfully so, when it comes to a major project like this, that they've sunk a lot of their personal time into. It may not be the best approach all the time, but I've learned to step carefully on first contact, especially when so much hinges on having a good interaction with someone. Tick the wrong person off, and they feed you some bad information just to get back at you. lol

but for the 2011 decks (with the pegasus head) they switched to a more standard numbering, and each distinct illustration on a card has only one shared collector number.
I did catch this, but thanks for checking. I'm still up in the air on actually trying for each of the different collector numbers in the 2005 set; it's such a minor change that it's probably unnecessary to go for more than a single copy of each illustration, but the completionist in the back of my head is screaming "DO IT!", no matter how hard it's gonna make things. Of course, if I take that route and nitpick such small changes, I'm also going to have to find a copy of the Hachette print as well, as the original Salvat has a 2005 copyright, and the three languages of Hachette have a 2006 date. Then there's the issue of the Italian Hachette release as well, because it had two additional decks (Beasts and Cats) that were never released in Salvat or French Hachette, plus only the very first deck being released in English... I'm in over my head, lol. Putting the list together is one thing, collecting them all is another issue all together.

I see you already covered the alternate Portal basics
Oddly enough, this was one I knew about from years ago, as one of the guys I first started playing with around 99-2000 had a set of the alternate arts he was insanely proud of. No idea how he managed to get them back then, especially when we were only teenagers with no money and extremely sparse internet access. Really, the only releases I've learned about in the last couple of weeks that were totally new to me have been a couple of box sets like the Rivals Quick Start, the Salvat/Hachette printings and shear number of MPS promos. I had heard of the first set of MPS, the Ravnica guild lands, but never knew the program kept going for several years after that. And there's a few other odd things here and there I didn't know about, like the single Dragon's Maze pre-release stamped Plains, the alternate border 8th Edition test prints, things like that. Probably more too, but my mind is a bit muddy at the moment.

For this one, I verified as best as possible from three sources: the user who scanned the decks, ebay listings for the decks or cards from the decks, and ABUGames
That's funny, as eBay searches and ABUGames are two of the things I was using to cross reference against your lists last night, and my edit from this morning is related to finding your reply about contacting the user that scanned them for you and having him confirm the number of illustrations after someone else asked the exact same question I did, lol.

This one I didn't do any special additional verification, so maybe someone who owns the deck can help. I did check that there are only three distinct versions listed on ABUGames.
Again, you found exactly what I did then. I could find no other prints besides the ones you have listed. Wouldn't be the first WotC mistake, that's for sure. I'll keep checking here over the next few days to see if anyone else has the decks and can verify; I'll also post to Reddit and see if anyone can confirm there as well. If I find anything, I'll check back in and pass the info to you, so if anyone else comes through on a hunt like I have, you can pass the knowledge along that your lists are indeed complete. The 2001 set is far enough in that I can at least get quite a few things mounted and booked before I have to worry about them.

I have very little to contribute in return for the information here and the help you've offered. I don't have a scanner, and even if I did, I doubt I have anything worth scanning that you don't already have. However, if you would like a copy for reference, I'll return to finishing my list in a couple of days (next few days are going to be crazy with work and holidays). Once I have it complete and formatted, I can submit it to you, or just the forums in general. It's not much, but it might save you a few minutes and give you a resource to point people towards the next time someone comes looking for the same kind of information that I was after. Hell, you might even catch something simple I've missed, or a mistake I've made. Or you can use it to make a reference, linking to your individual scans for each set/card, if you or someone else here has the time and interest in such a project. I'd do it, but I can barely even remember how to format simple text, let alone anything more advanced, lol. But I'd love to see something like that online somewhere for future collectors to use, so people don't have to do what I've done in the last few weeks.

If I can throw one last thing out there: are you familiar with the works at magiclibrarities(dot)net(slash)rarities(dot)html ? (Sorry, new user spam filter got me there.) That's actually where I compiled most of my information before finding you here. They seem to have an incredibly in depth library, including scans. It's not as wide as yours, as they don't mess around with standard releases - those sections of the site are incredibly out of date - but the promos and rarities scans and information section seems to be complete, right up to the Ixalan Buy-A-Box alternate art fliplands. Well... except for the Championship Decks, that is. They have the decklist and other insert cards from them under their "support cards" section, just no listing of the actual decks (unless they DO have them, and someone has simply forgot to include a link). I don't know anything about how the site is ran or how to contact them, but if you're willing to share your work and they are indeed missing them, they might appreciate links to your scans of those, and they seem to give credit to the people that supply them information. Again, only if you're willing to share, lol. Hell, you might even learn something, but I really doubt it at this point with as much as you seem to have on file.

Anyway, thanks again for everything, and I'll check back as soon as I get the chance in a day or two. Happy holidays!
JVSatterwhite

Postby charlequin » 21 Dec 2017, 22:43

A copy of the list would certainly be good when you're done with it. The ultimate goal is for Scryfall to have 100% comprehensive coverage of everything, and after taking care of some of these rarer sets in the future it'd be nice to spot-check it.

f I can throw one last thing out there: are you familiar with the works at magiclibrarities(dot)net(slash)rarities(dot)html
Alexis aka Dragsamou of librarities is a contributor here and has actually probably been one of the top five contributors of scans, for stuff including the MPS lands, Hachette UK, a decent chunk of missing Summer cards, and a variety of promos and other associated weird stuff.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby dragsamou » 24 Dec 2017, 10:36

JVSatterwhite wrote:If I can throw one last thing out there: are you familiar with the works at magiclibrarities(dot)net(slash)rarities(dot)html ? (Sorry, new user spam filter got me there.) That's actually where I compiled most of my information before finding you here. They seem to have an incredibly in depth library, including scans. It's not as wide as yours, as they don't mess around with standard releases - those sections of the site are incredibly out of date - but the promos and rarities scans and information section seems to be complete, right up to the Ixalan Buy-A-Box alternate art fliplands. Well... except for the Championship Decks, that is. They have the decklist and other insert cards from them under their "support cards" section, just no listing of the actual decks (unless they DO have them, and someone has simply forgot to include a link). I don't know anything about how the site is ran or how to contact them, but if you're willing to share your work and they are indeed missing them, they might appreciate links to your scans of those, and they seem to give credit to the people that supply them information. Again, only if you're willing to share, lol. Hell, you might even learn something, but I really doubt it at this point with as much as you seem to have on file.

Anyway, thanks again for everything, and I'll check back as soon as I get the chance in a day or two. Happy holidays!
Hi

I'm not a ghost, you can easily get in touch with me, either by registering on my website or by contacting me here, as well on the different FB MTG groups where I'm an Administrator. You are indeed correct, regular cards are not covered on my website and never will be, only what I call Magic Rarities. I update and upgrade my website on a very regular basis (just check Librarities The Program post in Website General for the latest ones), especially with the help of Charlequin and others members from here when it comes to scans. As your concern was about the World Championships decks (2880 cards and 11520 scans to put in), they are not added yet, but it's in "the do list", some subsections have been waiting for years, so I go by priority, time permitting and keep track of them in the Missing Info and Support Section. The Pro Tour NY 1996 Box Set Cards for example is fully completed and verified, just missing some scans that were not provided (I did mentioned which ones in another topic here). For you understanding it can take me a full month to create a huge subsection. Your project is very familiar to me as I have helped a lot of Global Lands collectors some of them being more extreme than you as they do collect all the foreign languages existing. I have also the knowledge of some not even mentioned on Gatherer or else. You should start by the regular cards, then specific Editions or expansions (Rivals Quick Start Set, IP2, etc.), after that extend to Promos, to finish by Test Prints, Playtest Cards, etc. and if you are a hardcore collector to finally complete by "Fantasy and unofficial cards". Hope this help.
dragsamou

Postby JVSatterwhite » 24 Dec 2017, 18:37

dragsamou wrote: I'm not a ghost, you can easily get in touch with me, either by registering on my website or by contacting me here,
Awesome to hear from you here! I had planned on trying to contact you through your site once I got home after the holidays and all that. Not much to say, just wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you for the work you do, and how helpful it's been with what I'm doing with my collection. Much like the project here, I wish I had something to contribute to your work to pay back the info I've gotten from your site, alas, like charlequin, you're far ahead of me, and I have nothing that you don't already have scanned and uploaded. None the less, I've tried to spread a little support; after posting my question about the Championship decks on Reddit, a few people have asked where I've gotten my info, so I sent them your way (as well as here to slightlymagic). Maybe one of that lot will be able to throw you and the users here some support in one way or another. Of course, I'm sure anyone that can help already knows of the existence of both sites, but maybe not.

For you understanding it can take me a full month to create a huge subsection.
I do hope you know that I wasn't complaining about your lack of those scans at all, and I have the utmost respect for what you've done at the Librarities. The amount of information you've collected is extremely impressive. At the time, I didn't know you had any connection to the forums here, and thought that maybe charlequin could help you out, since they have all the scans of the World Championship decks. I thought I would point them in your direction, and you two could collaborate on the things both of you are missing. Just a misguided attempt to help both of you. I should have figured you were already in contact with each other, seeing as the majority of both of your goals are in line with each other. My naivety gets the best of me sometimes when jumping into well established communities. It's not the first time I've made such an error, and you'd think I'd know better by now, lol.

You should start by the regular cards, then specific Editions or expansions (Rivals Quick Start Set, IP2, etc.), after that extend to Promos, to finish by Test Prints, Playtest Cards, etc. and if you are a hardcore collector to finally complete by "Fantasy and unofficial cards". Hope this help.
Thank you for the guidance. That's pretty much the exact strategy I'm working by. I've got at least 90% of the core and mainline expansion sets complete now (possibly all of them except for a few Alpha and Beta stragglers, can't be sure until I start getting them catalogued), and about 50% of the box sets and Duel Decks. I went ahead and grabbed some of the cooler promos and oddities while I was at it; the Euro, APAC, alt 4th Ed, stuff like that, as I found good deals on them. Sadly, I've hit my budget for a couple of months (my fiancee is a little irritated I blew half of my holiday gift money on cards for myself... lol), so it'll be a bit before I get back to hunting and buying. But I've got plenty to do until then, finalizing my list and starting to build the books themselves.

Again, thanks for the response, and for your work in the community. Great to see passion exists in today's world, especially for something that can be so hard to find out there.
JVSatterwhite

Postby dragsamou » 27 Dec 2017, 16:19

rotarydials wrote:Side note - my contribution for getting the WCD and PT decks scanned is similar to your plan to create the ultimate list of lists... history of the Magic universe.
Hi

First, thanks for the scans of the Pro Tour NY 1996 Box Set Cards, but 3 scans of the lands are missing and Charlequin did not have them. FYI
dragsamou

Postby dragsamou » 27 Dec 2017, 16:29

rotarydials wrote:I can get those scanned in; are the missing scans referenced in another post (that I'm guessing I missed)? Otherwise let me know which ones, and I'll get those pulled out and scanned (by the end of next week).
Hi

To make things easier for you:
MISSING SCANS: 3 CARDS

Plains Version 2 (028): Deck I - Michael Laconto
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/1060-rarities-pro-tour-ny-1996-box-set-cards-english-cards-deck-i---michael-laconto.html

Swamp Version 1 (032): Deck V - Leon Lindback
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/1063-rarities-pro-tour-ny-1996-box-set-cards-english-cards-deck-v---leon-lindback.html

Swamp Version 1 (028): Deck VI - George Baxter
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/1064-rarities-pro-tour-ny-1996-box-set-cards-english-cards-deck-vi---george-baxter.html

Thanks.
dragsamou

Postby tkz196 » 10 Jan 2018, 03:24

The anti-fake label on Grusilda, Monster Masher and Steamflogger Boss in the set of Unstable are different than other labels on rare and mythic cards.Thanks a lot.
tkz196

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures