It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:41

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 12 Jan 2018, 12:53

Fixed:
City's Blessing - Multiple Ascend permanents no longer create multiple City's Blessing tokens. (These tokens might need fixed to prevent them from counting as enchantments, permanents, and tokens.)

Atzocan Seer - The weird flashing error message was from this. I'm so glad I implemented these error messages.
Bloodhusk Ritualist
Captain Lannery Storm
Drover of the Mighty
Etali, Primal Storm
Ghalta, Primal Hunger
Growing Rites of Itlimoc//Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun - This is a non-MM ability. Remind me later and I'll make a MM version.
Priest of the Wakening Sun
Treasure Map
Vance's Blasting Cannons//Spitfire Bastion

Not fixed:
Conduit of Ruin - The reveal doesn't show any text because that's just how the reveal function works. It just shows the card and somewhat relies on you know where the effect is coming from to know what the revealed card is for.
Huatli, Warrior Poet - The issues noted were fixed, but her ultimate is currently failing to prevent blocking.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Atlas » 12 Jan 2018, 13:40

Hi, big time fan of the amazing work you guys have been doing over the last 5 years or so, thought its finally time i contribute, i cant make cards but i certainly can test em :D
here are a couple of issues iv noticed
Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle. Creates a vampire token for each attacking non-token vampire instead of just 1
Arch of Orazca. triggers ascend fine, however activated ability wont work
Tetzimoc Primal Death. wrath effect does not work, no prey counters put on creatures

Seriously though thank you all so much for all your hard work
Atlas

Postby fallenangle » 12 Jan 2018, 14:32

NEMESiS wrote:Huatli, Warrior Poet - The issues noted were fixed, but her ultimate is currently failing to prevent blocking.
I just checked Chandra, Pyromaster, which used to have the same problem but had been fixed, and it's also missing the code, which should be:

Code: Select all
<CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="8">
      local target_creature = EffectDC():Get_Targets(1):Get_CardPtr(0)
      if target_creature ~= nil then
      local characteristics = target_creature:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
       characteristics:Bool_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_CANT_BLOCK, 1 )
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
      <DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT" />
Just change Huatli's "target_creature" to whatever the chest is that it calls, and you should be fine.
fallenangle

Postby Xander9009 » 12 Jan 2018, 16:45

That'll make the targeted creatures unable to block rather than the creatures that are successfully dealt damage, which is what the ability says. If I can't get it working correctly, then I'll resort to that, but I'd prefer it be 100% accurate. If I do get it working, then I'll make sure to add it to Chandra, too.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby fallenangle » 13 Jan 2018, 16:17

Then what about using a delayed "Source Deals Damage" (or "Object Deals Damage," whichever it is) trigger?
fallenangle

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Jan 2018, 17:09

Yep. That's the method I'm attempting. But it wasn't firing and I didn't have a chance to figure out why.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Atlas » 14 Jan 2018, 12:43

Gishath, Sun's Avatar not working, triggered ability triggers but doesn't do anything
Atlas

Postby Xander9009 » 14 Jan 2018, 17:27

Dang. I tested this and it worked for me. I'll check it again tonight.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 14 Jan 2018, 18:46

BUG REPORT: I was playing a deck with planeswalkers in 2HG and I had Tamiyo, Dack Feyden, and Daretti all in play. One of my opponents activated Pernicious Deed and all of my planeswalkers were wiped. I looked at the code and I think its using the latest enchantment filter, but maybe not.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby chiefeweight » 15 Jan 2018, 08:56

Thank you for your work. I really appreciate that.
Now planeswalkers only create one emblem no matter how many Doubling Season are there on the battlefield. However, an emblem could be returned an then it disappears, afterwards players cannot be affected by the emblem. This disobeys the rules, in my opinion, since the Magic rules say that:

113.2. An effect that creates an emblem is written “[Player] gets an emblem with [ability].” This means that [player] puts an emblem with [ability] into the command zone. The emblem is both owned and controlled by that player.
113.5. An emblem is neither a card nor a permanent. Emblem isn’t a card type.

I think an emblem should not be affected by any card that could affect the battlefield, since it's not a permanent.
I remembered that there was a Community Wad version, probably before July 2017, that no tokens would be created after the "emblem creation" ability was activated, but player can still be affected by the abilities. I wonder why this is changed, and when this can be changed back.
Thank you!
chiefeweight

Postby Splinterverse » 15 Jan 2018, 10:59

chiefeweight wrote:Thank you for your work. I really appreciate that.
Now planeswalkers only create one emblem no matter how many Doubling Season are there on the battlefield. However, an emblem could be returned an then it disappears, afterwards players cannot be affected by the emblem. This disobeys the rules, in my opinion, since the Magic rules say that:

113.2. An effect that creates an emblem is written “[Player] gets an emblem with [ability].” This means that [player] puts an emblem with [ability] into the command zone. The emblem is both owned and controlled by that player.
113.5. An emblem is neither a card nor a permanent. Emblem isn’t a card type.

I think an emblem should not be affected by any card that could affect the battlefield, since it's not a permanent.
I remembered that there was a Community Wad version, probably before July 2017, that no tokens would be created after the "emblem creation" ability was activated, but player can still be affected by the abilities. I wonder why this is changed, and when this can be changed back.
Thank you!
If you look at my post just above yours, I think they are related. My guess is something is wrong with the code that makes emblems AND planeswalkers. You see both of them are "enchantments" behind-the-scenes, but there is code that prevents them from being treated as such. Since both are affected, I don't think it's the presence of the tokens, I think it's an issue with the enchantment handling. Hopefully, Xander can take a look at it and determine what's wrong.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 15 Jan 2018, 12:39

FYI. I have fixed the two new deckbuilder error messages that appeared. They were caused by typos on my part.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 15 Jan 2018, 18:37

You guys have done one hell of a job!

I just updated from the last two sets today and I noticed The Chain Veil is no longer working. You can activate it but it doesn't refresh any planeswalkers.
Parabolic

Postby Splinterverse » 15 Jan 2018, 20:26

Aura Thief isn't working, but I'm guessing it's got the same issues we are seeing with planeswalkers and emblems. Perhaps something in the CW_Filter_AddEnchantments code?
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 15 Jan 2018, 23:23

I was never able to reproduce the issue of planeswalkers being wiped by Pernicious Deed. However, the rest is fixed.

The Chain Veil was because I'd accidentally listed the new constant needed for The Immortal Sun under DuelDataChest registers (within the D14_PLW.LOL file) and gave it the next number there. It's actually a PlayerDC constant, and was overwriting the constant used by The Chain Veil. Moved the constant to PlayerDC registers and numbered it accordingly, and now The Chein Veil is back to working just fine.

I'm certain the Emblems were working at one point with the CW's filters, but why they stopped, I'm not sure. However, they're now specifically removed, so they should all work fine again (and I've tested with Pernicious Deed).

Aura Thief is working on my end. It's important to note that it will not work quite properly under a specific condition: if the enchantment has a continuous effect which sets its controller to a given player, that player will retain control of that enchantment. For instance, if you swap control of an enchantment with Favor of the Gods then kill Aura Thief to see if it comes back, it will fail. Any enchantments controlled by their owner (or more specifically, those that have no continuous action altering who controls them) will switch controllers. I'm not sure how to deal with this bug except to make all controller-changing effects, even those that are permanent as in the case of Aura Thief, continuous actions and never using the SetBaseController() function.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014