It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:13

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby addict insane » 19 May 2018, 00:47

Mask of the Mimic is putting the new creature in your hand instead of on the battlefield

EDIT: Helm of the Host costs 5 instead of 4, and its token is not gaining haste.

Also, I can't find either Siren Stormtamer or Seal Away. are those not possible?
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 20 May 2018, 01:46

The wad is repacking now. Several cards have been updated, and it should have been repacking automatically each night, yes, but it was failing to do so, and I've been focused on other things, so I didn't notice.

I'll look into fixing the reported bugs when I get the chance, but I'll be working a *lot* more than I'm used to for the next few weeks, so it isn't likely I'll be around to do much.

Hardened Scales probably does interact badly with two sources of "enters with counters" effects, but I can't immediately think of any way to fix that. I'll give it some thought and see if the code offers any insights.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby SeanSorin » 20 May 2018, 04:14

Any chance Deceiver of Form will be getting fixed soon? Been wanting to try out some Deceiver of Form / Hornet Queen / Pathrazer of Ulamog shenanigans
SeanSorin

Postby addict insane » 22 May 2018, 13:42

I also forgot to mention that Shalai should be Legendary
addict insane

Postby nivmizzet1 » 23 May 2018, 15:06

Xander9009 wrote:
Split cards: I thought I'd added those three to the CW already, but apparently I didn't. Now they're in there. And yeah, if anyone's up for it, Commit//Memory is commented pretty well and is a good template.
Has anybody coded Fire//Ice? I saw it's in the CW and I've now tested it, but it only allows you to choose one of the two abilities upon casting. I'm not sure how the other split cards are coded, but if it's like Fire/Ice then it seems to me there must be a better way.

I read somewhere that when considering the cost of split cards (e.g. for abilities like Isochron Scepter) at any time they're not on the stack, then the full cost should be considered; i.e. Fire//Ice would be CMC {4}. Having said that, there are a handful of cards that need the casting cost on the stack, e.g. Spell Snare, but I'm assuming these interactions are less common than what we get on the other hand (e.g. Isochron Scepter, Transgress the Mind, Dark Confidant etc.), and surely something could be done about these, maybe?

Given the new(ish) ruling and the currently broken system, why not have Fire//Ice cost {2} {R} {U} to cast and when you cast for this cost perform all abilities, but then have an ability on the card somewhat similar to convoke or flashback (although obviously only allowing to cast from hand). Call it "split" so for Fire//Ice there would be two "split" abilities, one for Fire that costs {1} {R}, and one for Ice that costs {1} {U}. Or just call the abilities "Fire" and "Ice", respectively, or even something like "split (Fire)" and "split (Ice)". I don't know how useful it would be, but if we made split a keyword, maybe we could use that in a workaround for cards like Spell Snare?

Am I missing something? Thoughts?

I'm just really bummed because I heard all this talk about split cards working, and I thought I read here that Fire//Ice had been coded properly, then I saw it in the CW, but alas I soon found out it isn't working :(
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 23 May 2018, 19:59

Fire//Ice was done a long time ago by ShoGUN, along with Spite//Malice and Wax//Wane. Boom//Bust is also in there as an older attempt.

The three that were done recently and which should hopefully be working much better are Commit//Memory, Spring//Mind, and Struggle//Survive. Just search for / in the card name and note the date it was done.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 24 May 2018, 10:29

Xander9009 wrote:Fire//Ice was done a long time ago by ShoGUN, along with Spite//Malice and Wax//Wane. Boom//Bust is also in there as an older attempt.

The three that were done recently and which should hopefully be working much better are Commit//Memory, Spring//Mind, and Struggle//Survive. Just search for / in the card name and note the date it was done.
where do I get the multiverse IDs from?

EDIT: do I have this right; the AKH split cards can't actually be cast together, and one can only be cast from the graveyard and the other can only be cast as sorcery? They seem very different to the Fire//Ice and Wax//Wane split cards. As such, I don't think there's a chance in the world I'll be able to code them. The Fire//Ice and Wax//Wane split cards actually seem like they'd be easier to code than the AKH split cards, but still too hard for me... :(

However, until somebody comes forward to do it, I will try the way I said above, even though it's kind of messy and not completely accurate, as I mentioned above.

EDIT: Well, I gave it a go, and I hit a brick wall. I'm way out of my depth here.
Last edited by nivmizzet1 on 24 May 2018, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
nivmizzet1

Postby fallenangle » 24 May 2018, 13:57

I've actually done a few of the "And" cards, such as Alive//Well, under the new model. I've also tweaked the "To" model a bit in cards such as Appeal//Authority (they now use whichever face they would use when you cast them unless they're considered for targeting). They're not commented or anything; but I'll put them here in case someone wants to see them or continue the work I've done.

As for Multiverse IDs, just Google "card name + multiverse id" and it will give you the number. Since there's only one, I add the numbers 1, 2, and 3 after it to separate individual faces of the card (and also 4, in the case of cards with Fuse).

I hope this helps.
Attachments
Split Cards for CW 04-2018.zip
(57.99 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
fallenangle

Postby nivmizzet1 » 24 May 2018, 15:33

fallenangle wrote:I've actually done a few of the "And" cards, such as Alive//Well, under the new model. I've also tweaked the "To" model a bit in cards such as Appeal//Authority (they now use whichever face they would use when you cast them unless they're considered for targeting). They're not commented or anything; but I'll put them here in case someone wants to see them or continue the work I've done.

As for Multiverse IDs, just Google "card name + multiverse id" and it will give you the number. Since there's only one, I add the numbers 1, 2, and 3 after it to separate individual faces of the card (and also 4, in the case of cards with Fuse).

I hope this helps.
Thanks fallenangle. I had a go at Fire//Ice using the Alive//Well you provided as a template, but I couldn't get it working.

(1) not all the abilities are activatable; Fire//Ice and Fire were activatable but Ice wasn't, then after I cast one for Fire//Ice, Fire stopped being activatable on the other copies I had in my hand, so only Fire//Ice was left activatable.
(2) nothing happened upon casting. The spell just fizzles.
(3) I'm not sure if it's an issue, but the toggle ability only appears after the card is in the graveyard.

I've attached my attempt.
Attachments
fire_and_ice.zip
(5.79 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 25 May 2018, 18:15

Creeping Tar Pit can for some reason tap to produce mana and then untap upon activation of its ability, at least when it's controlled by the AI -- I haven't tried doing it myself.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this is the auto-tap version

EDIT: looking at the code, I see it has as an additional cost to tap self, but then it has a RTA to untap.

Code: Select all
      <COST type="TapSelf" /> -- this and the first RTA are needed to prevent the card from using itself to pay the cost
      <COST mana_cost="{1}{U}{B}" type="Mana" />
      <AVAILABILITY>
         return EffectController():IsHuman() or (Object():IsTapped() == false and Object():GetCardType():Test( CARD_TYPE_CREATURE ) == false)
      </AVAILABILITY>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         EffectSource():Untap()
      </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
I'm pretty sure this is where the problem stems from, but not sure exactly what the cause is...

The code seems like a logical way around preventing the land from tapping itself for mana, although it's clear it's an approximation as it causes the land to tap and untap (not sure if any cards would interact with this though).

Because it can leave itself untapped then maybe the game sees it as available for self-tap and mana production, then taps for mana and somehow bypasses the tapself cost; is it possible??

Does increasing the cost by {1} circumvent this problem? I seem to remember these auto-tap cards having either the cost (or maybe a mana availabity check) as {1} more than the actual cost.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 27 May 2018, 04:41

another bug:
Thelon of Havenwood doesn't exile cards.

EDIT:
   <ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{B}{G}, Exile a Fungus card from a graveyard: Put a spore counter on each Fungus on the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <COST mana_cost="{2}" type="Mana" />
      <COUNTER_REGISTRATION name="Spore" proliferate="11" />
      <TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CARD_TO_EXILE" definition="0" compartment="0" count="1" />
      <TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
         local filter = ClearFilter()
         filter:SetZone( ZONE_GRAVEYARD )
         filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
         filter:Add( FE_SUBTYPE, OP_IS, CREATURE_TYPE_FUNGUS )
      </TARGET_DEFINITION>
      <FILTER filter_id="1">
         local filter = ClearFilter()
         filter:Add( FE_SUBTYPE, OP_IS, CREATURE_TYPE_FUNGUS )
         filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE  )
      </FILTER>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION filter_id="1">
         if FilteredCard() ~= nil then
            FilteredCard():AddCounters( MTG():GetCountersType("Spore"), 1)
         end
for some reason the cost is only set as {2}, not {G} {B}. I'll change that.
But it's pretty clear that it's missing a RTA that exiles the targetted card.

EDIT: I've added the following code from Beckon Apparition immediately after the target definition block and before the filter:
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
         if target ~= nil then
            target:Exile()
            EffectDC():Set_Int(2, 1)
         end
Hopefully that works...
Last edited by nivmizzet1 on 31 May 2018, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.
nivmizzet1

Postby addict insane » 28 May 2018, 02:24

When Dauntless Bodyguard enters the battlefield, no option for choosing a creature to protect shows up. Her second ability, which depends on the first, also doesn't work.

EDIT: Also, I wanted to make a request regarding Delver of Secrets, but maybe I'm wrong about the rulings so if I am, please let me know.

AFAIK, when Delver of Secrets makes you flip your top deck to see if there's a sorcery or instant, there's a moment in which you can hold priority, after you show the card but before you draw it, and do things such as crack a fetchland (in case you saw your top card, don't like it, and want a chance to draw something else).

We're not getting a moment to do this and, well, I guess the game engine wasn't thought for these moments of holding priority after upkeep. Still, is there anyway in which you could probably create an extra step after you flip with Delver, but before your draw step comes, in which you could give us the opportunity to play things in case we don't like the top deck? This seems to be crucial for the consistency of delver decks.
addict insane

Postby NEMESiS » 01 Jun 2018, 03:32

Sunscourge Champion costs 4WW to cast and Lich's Mastery doesn't properly let you select cards from your graveyard. Karn, Scion of Urza does not put a card in your hand with its first ability just exiles them, the -1 also doesnt work. Golden Guardian does not transform from from dying but from killing another creature you control. When transform you can't create a 4/4 token.
NEMESiS

Postby addict insane » 02 Jun 2018, 02:42

Hey, guys, someone in this thread said they were able to code siren stormtamer. If so, I guess Not Of This World would be possible too, right?
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 02 Jun 2018, 03:08

addict insane wrote:Hey, guys, someone in this thread said they were able to code siren stormtamer. If so, I guess Not Of This World would be possible too, right?
Would you mind linking to the post? I can't find it, and I'm curious how.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014