It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:24

Text Size

Forge Release 09/08/2018 ver 1.6.15

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 09/08/2018 ver 1.6.15

Postby Fregnor » 16 Sep 2018, 05:48

The +1 effect of Liliana, Untouched by Death does not make your opponent lose life points and make you gain life points when one of the cards moved to the graveyard is a Zombie.
Fregnor

Postby lindleya1 » 17 Sep 2018, 14:44

Game hangs on "Waiting for opponent" with Athreos, God of Passage if another effect has already removed the card from the graveyard. Confirmed with Gift of Immortality.
lindleya1

Postby Corwin72 » 18 Sep 2018, 15:15

Sarkhan, Dragonsoul his third ability does not do anything.
Corwin72

Postby HarlequinCasts » 18 Sep 2018, 23:16

Ugin, the Spirit Dragon causes the game to crash when using his ultimate ability. Specifically you can gain the 7 life, draw 7 cards just fine, but then after you select 7 permanents to put into play the game crashes.

It gives in error message log but I was unable to get it. The report button just causes a crash to desktop or something.
HarlequinCasts

Postby Fregnor » 19 Sep 2018, 00:52

Desecrated Tomb creates bat tokens when cards are removed from your opponent's graveyard, but it is just supposed to be when they are removed from your own.

Druid of Horns creates a beast token when you cast an aura on any card, yours or your opponent's, but it is only supposed to work when you cast an aura on Druid of Horns.
Fregnor

Postby HarlequinCasts » 19 Sep 2018, 07:24

dolphi5 wrote:Crashes when casting "Tooth and Nail" with Entwine after selecting creatures from one's hand.
When trying to test this to get a bug report I couldn't get the game to crash, but I couldn't cast from my hand using "Tooth and Nail" with or without Entwine. I'll update with a bug report if I get it again.
Just had the same crash with Tooth and Nail. I assume it has some common problem with other effects that are also crashing and involve searching the library (see reports on Surgical Extraction, Extirpate, Bribery, and more).

crash Log:

java.lang.ClassCastException: forge.game.card.Card cannot be cast to java.util.List
at forge.player.PlayerControllerHuman.chooseEntitiesForEffect(PlayerControllerHuman.java:496)
at forge.player.PlayerControllerHuman.chooseCardsForZoneChange(PlayerControllerHuman.java:1744)
at forge.game.ability.effects.ChangeZoneEffect.changeZonePlayerInvariant(ChangeZoneEffect.java:893)
at forge.game.ability.effects.ChangeZoneEffect.changeHiddenOriginResolve(ChangeZoneEffect.java:715)
at forge.game.ability.effects.ChangeZoneEffect.resolve(ChangeZoneEffect.java:363)
at forge.game.spellability.AbilitySub.resolve(AbilitySub.java:111)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveApiAbility(AbilityUtils.java:1350)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveSubAbilities(AbilityUtils.java:1343)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveApiAbility(AbilityUtils.java:1357)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveSubAbilities(AbilityUtils.java:1343)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveApiAbility(AbilityUtils.java:1357)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolve(AbilityUtils.java:1327)
at forge.game.zone.MagicStack.resolveStack(MagicStack.java:525)
at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:1006)
at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1690)
at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:87)
at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:235)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
HarlequinCasts

Postby lindleya1 » 20 Sep 2018, 20:27

HarlequinCasts wrote:
dolphi5 wrote:Crashes when casting "Tooth and Nail" with Entwine after selecting creatures from one's hand.
When trying to test this to get a bug report I couldn't get the game to crash, but I couldn't cast from my hand using "Tooth and Nail" with or without Entwine. I'll update with a bug report if I get it again.
Just had the same crash with Tooth and Nail. I assume it has some common problem with other effects that are also crashing and involve searching the library (see reports on Surgical Extraction, Extirpate, Bribery, and more).

Seems to be a common bug with placing things from hand onto the battlefield. Same happens with Myojin of Life's Web and Patron of the Moon.
lindleya1

Postby Fregnor » 21 Sep 2018, 16:25

I think I have figured out how to fix Desecrated Tomb so it doesn't summon Bats for you when the opponent removes cards from his or her Graveyard. So far the new coding is performing well in my playtesting.

It should use T:Mode$ ChangesZone .
It should NOT use T:Mode$ ChangesZoneAll .

Here is what the new coding would be like:

Code: Select all
Name:Desecrated Tomb
ManaCost:3
Types:Artifact
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Any | ValidCard$ Creature.YouOwn | Execute$ TrigToken | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | TriggerDescription$ Whenever one or more creature cards leave your graveyard, create a 1/1 black Bat creature token with flying.
SVar:TrigToken:DB$ Token | TokenImage$ b 1 1 bat M19 | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Bat | TokenTypes$ Creature,Bat | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Black | TokenPower$ 1 | TokenToughness$ 1 | TokenKeywords$ Flying
DeckHints:Ability$Graveyard
DeckHas:Ability$Token
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/desecrated_tomb.jpg
Oracle:Whenever one or more creature cards leave your graveyard, create a 1/1 black Bat creature token with flying.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 21 Sep 2018, 21:58

I think I have Druid of Horns working properly now. Before this, it was summoning 3/3 Beasts whenever any player cast an aura on any creature or land.

Here is how I coded it:

Name:Druid of Horns
ManaCost:3 G
Types:Creature Human Druid
T:Mode$ BecomesTarget | ValidCard$ Aura | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | ValidTarget$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigToken | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you cast an Aura spell that targets CARDNAME, create a 3/3 green Beast creature token.
SVar:TrigToken:DB$ Token | TokenOwner$ You | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenPower$ 3 | TokenToughness$ 3 | TokenColors$ Green | TokenName$ Beast | TokenTypes$ Beast,Creature | TokenImage$ g 3 3 beast m19
DeckHas:Ability$Token
Oracle:Whenever you cast an Aura spell that targets Druid of Horns, create a 3/3 green Beast creature token.
PT:2/3
The line starting in T:Mode$ contains multiple changes.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 22 Sep 2018, 00:20

Here is a quick and dirty fix for Sarkhan, Dragonsoul whose ultimate effect previously did nothing at all:

Name:Sarkhan, Dragonsoul
ManaCost:4 R R
Types:Legendary Planeswalker Sarkhan
A:AB$ DamageAll | Cost$ AddCounter<2/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | ValidPlayers$ Player.Opponent | ValidCards$ Creature.OppCtrl | NumDmg$ 1 | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals 1 damage to each opponent and each creature your opponents control.
A:AB$ DealDamage | Cost$ SubCounter<3/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | ValidTgts$ Player,Planeswalker | TgtPrompt$ Select target player or planeswalker | AILogic$ ChoiceBurn | NumDmg$ 4 | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals 4 damage to target player or planeswalker.
A:AB$ ChangeZone | Cost$ SubCounter<9/LOYALTY> | Origin$ Library | Destination$ Battlefield | ChangeType$ Creature.Dragon | ChangeNum$ 24 | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | StackDescription$ SpellDescription | SpellDescription$ Search your library for any number of Dragon creature cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
DeckHints:Type$Dragon
Oracle:[+2]: Sarkhan, Dragonsoul deals 1 damage to each opponent and each creature your opponents control.\n[−3]: Sarkhan, Dragonsoul deals 4 damage to target player or planeswalker.\n[−9]: Search your library for any number of Dragon creature cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Loyalty:5
This coding could use some polishing. Right now I have it set to let you search your library for dragons and then summon up to 24 of them to the field. This is not perfect because it is supposed to be any number of dragons rather than 1-24. What if you still have 25 or more dragons in your library? (Not too likely.) In playtesting, I also observed a crash when there were 0 dragons in my library for the effect to work on. (But why are you wasting your loyalty counters on this effect if you don't have any more dragons in your library?)

There was also some weirdness in the messages to the player that appear on the stack, but I have not touched their code and have not carefully studied them and playtested them to clearly define the problem. It is like only part of a sentence is shown.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 22 Sep 2018, 01:14

jdmoralesp wrote:Harrow is broken, when casted Forge prompts a selection window that loops infinitely.
Burnished Hart has the same issue
I just playtested these two issues. The menu structure is a bit awkward, but not really broken. The game does enforce the rules properly with these two cards. With both of these cards, you are allowed to search and play up to two basic lands. If you try to cheat and select more than two lands, perhaps even all the lands in your library, the game rejects this and the menu loops back. If you only select the two lands you are legally entitled to, the menu departs, the lands are placed on the field, and the game continues. Likewise, if you only select one land, though you are entitled to two, the game functions properly, gives you your single land, and does not go into an infinite loop. The infinite loop can be broken at any time by following the instructions given by the card text.

So it might be possible for someone to streamline and clarify the menu system with these two cards, but there are likely more important issues elsewhere in the game that people would want to focus on fixing.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 22 Sep 2018, 04:25

fateatfish wrote:Maze of Ith doesn't work properly, the creature gets untapped but still does combat damage
I tinkered with this issue quite awhile. I was able to make Maze of Ith more reliable in that it works like 80% of the time now using this coding:

Name:Maze of Ith
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Land
A:AB$ Pump | Cost$ T | ValidTgts$ Creature.attacking | TgtPrompt$ Select target attacking creature | KW$ Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to and dealt by CARDNAME. | SubAbility$ DBUntap | IsCurse$ True | SpellDescription$ Untap target attacking creature. Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to and dealt by that creature this turn.
SVar:DBUntap:DB$Untap | Defined$ Targeted | KW$ CARDNAME assigns no combat damage
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/maze_of_ith.jpg
Oracle:{T}: Untap target attacking creature. Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to and dealt by that creature this turn.
But that is still not reliable enough. At random intervals it fails. For this coding I have doubled up with redundant commands:

"KW$ Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to and dealt by CARDNAME." is pretty good at preventing the attacker from receiving damage, but in the playtesting, usually allowed it to inflict damage.

"KW$ CARDNAME assigns no combat damage" is pretty good at preventing the attacker from dealing damage, but fails sometimes.

In playtesting, another odd thing I noticed was that an unblocked creature with the above two keywords was much more likely to do combat damage than a blocked creature.

I suspect that something is deeply wrong with the programming such that some of the commands in the card coding only work at random intervals.
Fregnor

Postby Fregnor » 22 Sep 2018, 04:33

Vivien Reid has an issue with her +1 effect. The cards are supposed to be put on the bottom of the deck in a random order, not placed in a systematic order specified by you.

So I inserted "RestRandomOrder$ True" and it seems to be working correctly now. Here is my version of the coding:

Name:Vivien Reid
ManaCost:3 G G
Types:Legendary Planeswalker Vivien
A:AB$ Dig | Cost$ AddCounter<1/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | DigNum$ 4 | ChangeNum$ 1 | Optional$ True | ChangeValid$ Creature,Land | ForceRevealToController$ True | RestRandomOrder$ True | SpellDescription$ Look at the top four cards of your library. You may reveal a creature or land card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
A:AB$ Destroy | Cost$ SubCounter<3/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | ValidTgts$ Artifact,Enchantment,Creature.withFlying | TgtPrompt$ Select target artifact, enchantment or creature with flying | SpellDescription$ Destroy target artifact, enchantment or creature with flying.
A:AB$ Effect | Cost$ SubCounter<8/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | Name$ Emblem - Vivien Reid | Image$ emblem_vivien_ried | Duration$ Permanent | StaticAbilities$  STVivien | AILogic$ Always | SpellDescription$  You get an emblem with "Creatures you control get +2/+2 and have vigilance, trample, and indestructible."
SVar:STVivien:Mode$ Continuous | EffectZone$ Command | Affected$ Creature.YouCtrl | AffectedZone$ Battlefield | AddPower$ +2 | AddToughness$ +2 | AddKeyword$ Vigilance & Trample & Indestructible
Oracle:[+1]: Look at the top four cards of your library. You may reveal a creature or land card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.\n[-3]: Destroy target artifact, enchantment, or creature with flying.\n[-8]: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control get +2/+2 and have vigilance, trample, and indestructible."
Loyalty:5
Fregnor

Postby Aetherbird » 22 Sep 2018, 20:45

The Scarab God still doesn't return to Hand after being forced to sac him to AI s Liliana of the Veil

Pelt collector Triggers not with power> x but instead power >=
He as well Triggers on opponent having a creature etb!
Aetherbird

Postby Mrs Non-Gorilla » 22 Sep 2018, 21:48

Arcades, the Strategist makes all creatures deal damage with toughness; it should only affect creatures with defender.
Mrs Non-Gorilla

PreviousNext

Return to Forge