It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:53

Text Size

Can't view Design for DeckEditorPanel/DeckEditorPane

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Can't view Design for DeckEditorPanel/DeckEditorPane

Postby IJustMadeThis » 30 Sep 2018, 21:06

Hi everyone,

I am considering adding an "export" feature to the deck editor to export a decklist in formats for Tapped Out, MTGA, MTGO, and possibly others. I must admit it's been some time since I've done Java development and am not very familiar with Netbeans and I'm running into an issue. I'm using Netbeans 8.2 with Java 1.8 on Windows 10 64-bit.

I've cloned the project and built Mage Root (with dependencies). But, when I open mage.client.deckeditor -> DeckEditorPanel.java/DeckEditorPane.java, then select "Design" (it appears that you build the pane/panel with the Design view and it auto-generates some code?) it throws an exception with the attached trace.

I believe the error is from a line that is auto-generated in CardSelector.java, 669:

Code: Select all
cbExpansionSet.setModel(new DefaultComboBoxModel<>(ConstructedFormats.getTypes()));
If I open up the Design view of CardSelector.java, cbExpansionSet.setModel was set to use User Code, which was the
Code: Select all
new DefaultComboBoxModel<>(ConstructedFormats.getTypes())
portion of that line. Does that declaration look correct? If so, any suggestions on why I'm having this issue and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Attachments
cardSelectorError.txt
stack trace of CardSelector.java error
(13.75 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
IJustMadeThis

Re: Can't view Design for DeckEditorPanel/DeckEditorPane

Postby LevelX » 10 Oct 2018, 13:44

I fixed the exceptions shown in the design view for DeckEditorPanel caused by some different reasons.
https://github.com/magefree/mage/commit ... f962a229ee
So if you open it now in design view, you only get the "The form seems to be corruped" message.

DeckEditorPanel itself can't be changed using the Netbeans design view, because it was manually modified a long time ago.
The initComponents() method was changed manually. That the reason you get the "The form seems to be corruped" message.

So if you like to add another e.g. button to the DeckEditorPanel, you have to add it directly in the code.
To get a new object to the Variables declaration you have also to modify the DeckEditorPanel.form file manually.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Return to Developers Talk