It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:53

Text Size

Restricted Cards

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Restricted Cards

Postby doenerchef » 28 Nov 2018, 17:01

Can anyone tell me where in the files I can look up which cards are "restricted"? By restricted I mean cards that are not available from towns, Nomad's Bazaar and Diamond mine.
I'm not sure how many levels of restrictions there are. At the very least there are cards that one can only get from dungeons (or steal from enemies via Bronze Tablet). But I suspect that the likes of Spectral Arena or Sultan's Palace also offer cards one cannot purchase.

In my current game I wanted to purchase Contract from Below, but it was missing from the town market selling black cards. I'm pretty sure this card is in the game, but I'd like to know for sure.

I also feel that there are more restricted cards in this game than slots in dungeons, which means that some cards are absolutely impossible to get. Can anyone confirm this? I believe it happened in one of my games where I couldn't get a Savannah.
doenerchef

Re: Restricted Cards

Postby Aswan jaguar » 29 Nov 2018, 07:20

Look at shandalar.ini the bottom half. Open it with notepad++ (probably also other text editors will do) but not windows text editor as it will be really hard to read it and understand.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby doenerchef » 29 Nov 2018, 09:04

Cool! Thank you, that is very helpful. Not even code, just plain text!

So... can I edit it in the .ini? I guess not, since it looks like a text output, right? In case I wanted to edit (to make sure that no cards are completely disabled), do you know how?

Edit: Sorry, just one more question... does editing the .ini affect a running game or will it only be read upon starting a new game?
doenerchef

Postby Aswan jaguar » 29 Nov 2018, 10:10

You can edit it as explained very well in the directions given in each field.
If I am not wrong few fields that are not saved in the campaign can change but not the ones you want to change. You have to begin a new campaign, of course you can still try to check it in case I am wrong.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby doenerchef » 29 Nov 2018, 10:44

Thanks again! I have started testing it. So removing something from the Nochoose list immediately makes it available from the cardpicker. I guess adding a card or replacing a card from the dungeon treasures wouldn't work in the same way, as the game keeps track of which dungeon cards have been claimed, etc.
I will test that as well, though.
doenerchef

Return to Shandalar