It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:28

Text Size

Formal Request Thread

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Formal Request Thread

Postby Xander9009 » 19 Oct 2016, 14:12

nivmizzet1 wrote:Can we request art here?
I like this Painter's Servant art much better than the current art.
Well, given that it's just the "formal request thread", you can request whatever you want. Although, there's no need for this particular request. Most of the art from the Kaladesh Inventions Masterpiece Series will be used. Not all of them (at least, not if it was 100% up to me, but I would of course acquiesce to the majority opinion), but at least most of them. Especially ones for cards without any good modern art. For instance, Painter's Servant will definitely be updated. Sol Ring might not (I'm not a fan of the new art, and I really like the art already in the CW.

The swords are a few others I like the original better for. There are a lot I don't have an opinion on, and as such, I won't update them unless others want them. For instance, Mox Opal.

Later tonight, if I have the time, I'll get a page made up with comparisons of all of the cards and whether or not I'm already planning to use the new art. Then, I'll make a thread here so everyone can let me know which others they'd like to see changed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 19 Oct 2016, 15:09

Xander9009 wrote:I think it's actually meant to be interpreted as each one only counts cards cast via its own ability.
The code for Gisa and Geralf used in Magic Duels seems to point that way:
| Open
Code: Select all
  <STATIC_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[During each of your turns, you may cast a Zombie creature card from your graveyard.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Pendant chacun de vos tours, vous pouvez lancer une carte de créature Zombie depuis votre cimetière.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Durante cada uno de tus turnos, puedes lanzar una carta de criatura Zombie de tu cementerio.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Während jedes deiner Züge kannst du eine Zombie-Kreaturenkarte aus deinem Friedhof wirken.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Durante ogni tuo turno, puoi lanciare una carta creatura Zombie dal tuo cimitero.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[あなたの各ターンの間、あなたはあなたの墓地からゾンビ・クリーチャー・カードを唱えてもよい。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[당신의 각 턴 동안, 당신은 당신의 무덤에서 좀비 생물 카드 한 장을 발동할 수 있다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Во время каждого из ваших ходов вы можете разыграть одну карту существа-Зомби из вашего кладбища.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Durante cada um de seus turnos, você pode conjurar um card de criatura do tipo Zumbi a partir de seu cemitério.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[你于你的每个回合中可以从你的坟墓场施放一张灵俑生物牌。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[你於你的每個回合中可以從你的墳墓場施放一張殭屍生物牌。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <FILTER filter_id="1">
    local filter = ClearFilter()
    filter:Add( FE_SUBTYPE, OP_IS, CREATURE_TYPE_ZOMBIE )
    filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE  )
    filter:SetZone( ZONE_GRAVEYARD, EffectController() )
    </FILTER>
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="8" filter_id="1">
    if EffectController():MyTurn() and EffectSource():ResourceAbilityGetTimesActivated(1) == 0 and FilteredCard() ~= nil then
       local characteristics = FilteredCard():GetCurrentCharacteristics()
       characteristics:GrantAbility(1)
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
  <UTILITY_ABILITY resource_id="1" qualifier="Normal_Cast" active_zone="ZONE_GRAVEYARD">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Cast this card.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Lancer cette carte.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Lanzar esta carta.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Wirke diese Karte.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Lancia questa carta.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[このカードを唱える。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[이 카드를 발동하십시오.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Разыграть эту карту.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Conjurar este card.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[施放此牌。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[施放此牌。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <AVAILABILITY per_turn_limit="1" />
  </UTILITY_ABILITY>
That "ResourceAbilityGetTimesActivated(1)" is on Gisa and Geralf, not on the granted ability, so I guess that each card granting this kind of ability manages the limit on its own. Unfortunately I have no idea about how you could achieve the same result without the new function. (The per_turn_limit="1" seems useless to me.)
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby erjerjerj » 23 Oct 2016, 12:48

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank all the modders here for their great work.
I hope I post this question at the right location:
How can I know when a specific card was tested and added to the wad file?
I use some cards which currently are buggy: Morbid Curiosity, Prized Amalgam, Relentless Dead.
Two of them are SOI cards (while one of them is KLD which is still under development), does it mean they won't be fixed?
erjerjerj

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Oct 2016, 13:14

erjerjerj wrote:Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank all the modders here for their great work.
I hope I post this question at the right location:
How can I know when a specific card was tested and added to the wad file?
I use some cards which currently are buggy: Morbid Curiosity, Prized Amalgam, Relentless Dead.
Two of them are SOI cards (while one of them is KLD which is still under development), does it mean they won't be fixed?
It doesn't matter when they were added, so long as you tell us about it. Any bugs we know about will be looked into. You can use either the link in my signature, or you can post in the Community Wad thread, or you can post in an entirely new thread. Just make sure tell use which card is bugged, and what it's doing wrong. Be as specific as you can, since if there is more information about what you experienced, we're more likely to be able to quickly spot what's wrong.

To answer your actual question, if you right-click a card in the Deck Builder, one of the options is View Card. If you click this, it will open the card's actual code. All the way at the bottom, you'll almost always see three tags. <AUTHOR>, <EDITORS>, and <DATE>. These contain the information you're looking for. The first date listed is when the card was created. The last one is when it was last modified.

For any card with a thread for the set it's from specific to the Community Wad (they all have either Community Wad or CW in the name), then posting the bug there would be most appropriate if you decide to make a post about it instead of or in addition to the bug report via my signature link. Also, for Morbid Curiosity, the one from Kaladesh, don't worry about the fact that it's still technically under development. Go ahead and tell us about the bug anyway (preferably directly in the Kaladesh thread, though it's not necessary). I say this especially because Morbid Curiosity is marked as already tested, which means we're now under the assumption it's working correctly. We likely won't notice there's a bug until someone like you tells us about it. :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby kabalan20 » 27 Oct 2016, 06:58

Requesting Timmy, Power Gamer and Johnny, Combo Player if they still haven't been added.
kabalan20

Postby nivmizzet1 » 24 Nov 2016, 01:33

I would like to request Zada, Hedron Grinder.
nivmizzet1

Postby Finnical » 19 Aug 2018, 00:10

I would like to have Pir and Toothy added to the CW please. If possible the other "partner with" commanders would be nice as well.
Finnical

Postby loookaz » 01 Sep 2018, 19:49

can I ask all the great coders here for Leovold, Emissary of Trest?

I also need Bane of Progress, but the one in CW doesn't destroy anything upon entering the battlefield:(
loookaz

Postby Psychonaut » 04 Oct 2018, 22:49

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if someone could code Surveil from Guilds of Ravnica as a trigger. I can copy Surveil effect from Taigam's Scheming but I have no clue how to make that into a trigger for Blood Operative and rest of the gang. Can't wait to play new Dimir deck.

Cheers
Psychonaut

Postby nivmizzet1 » 29 Oct 2018, 13:14

I would love it if someone could code a manual mana Rishkar, Peema Renegade. The autotap version has a knack for ignoring open lands and tapping the exact creature I don't want to tap.
nivmizzet1

Postby Link666 » 08 Dec 2018, 23:29

Any chance of us getting Assassin's Trophy and Pelt Collector?
Link666

Postby Zambooo » 09 Dec 2018, 11:33

Link666 wrote:Any chance of us getting Assassin's Trophy and Pelt Collector?
I've added them to the CW, will be available in the next repack

loookaz wrote:I also need Bane of Progress, but the one in CW doesn't destroy anything upon entering the battlefield
Should have fixed this as well

loookaz wrote:can I ask all the great coders here for Leovold, Emissary of Trest?
Also added
Zambooo

Postby Zambooo » 15 Dec 2018, 23:31

Psychonaut wrote:Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if someone could code Surveil from Guilds of Ravnica as a trigger. I can copy Surveil effect from Taigam's Scheming but I have no clue how to make that into a trigger for Blood Operative and rest of the gang. Can't wait to play new Dimir deck.

Cheers
I did manage to code the Surveil ability and Trigger. I only made a bunch of cards as of now.

Edit: made most of them, you will be able to see them in the next CW repack
Zambooo

Postby Psychonaut » 18 Dec 2018, 23:15

Fabulous :D Thanks!
Psychonaut

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Dec 2018, 23:58

The CW will update tonight.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext