It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:05

Text Size

200DPI Images for every MTG card ever!

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

200DPI Images for every MTG card ever!

Postby huongtranbong » 04 Jan 2019, 10:11

ma(dot)slightlymagic(dot)net/Pictures.torrent

(had to replace the dots and remove the https because it said that it "looks too spammy")

They aren't named correctly to work in game. But maybe... The devs can make it so the format these cards are in (the tokens too) is the default format for the game (or at least an alternate format) so anybody who doesn't want the low-def images can immediately use these.
huongtranbong

Re: 200DPI Images for every MTG card ever!

Postby Firons2 » 04 Jan 2019, 18:22

I have compiled all of the images for myself, my phone. I have had to rename a fair amount of sets by hand, like the Commander theme decks, etc, but now I have nearly everything, except for some oddly named cards and images that may have been missing from Scryfall. The size of all of the folders is 4.74 GB, with about 37600 files. The images are of pretty good quality (to me), but I could show it to someone and if the quality of the images was adequate, I could even host the entire zipped collection. It would be nice to do so, since I know how tedious it is to get all the images on your own and also I could get some feedback on which images are missing and download and fill in any stragglers out there.
Firons2

Postby Xitax » 05 Jan 2019, 14:39

I'll give it a look. If I had to reconstruct my HQ pic database I'd probably be unable to find everything. It's nice to have a backup.
Xitax

Postby Firons2 » 07 Feb 2019, 08:55

First of all, sorry for taking a million years to do this, I reinstalled my Windows, meaning I had to slowly drip-feed all of my files into a portable hard drive and back to my computer once I was done.

Anyway, here are 5 cards picked at random from my image collection. From what I can tell it has MOST of the cards on forge, although several may have slipped through the cracks, because of various downloading errors. The total size of all images up to RNA (bar RNA and UMA tokens, because I have yet to understand the naming scheme for them) is 4,80 GB spread across 37980 files and 206 folders.

I believe that I do not have extraneous sets (i.e. those unused in Forge, with the exception of silver bordered sets, since some cards from the are used, so I just have them whole). I'm not really well versed in image quality and DPI is a mystery to me, although I should probably read at least what it means, shouldn't I? So if you find the quality of these images satisfactory, please inform me via this thread (I guess?) and then I will attempt my best to upload everything so everyone could access it, most likely MEGA.

Thank you for your time. :D
Attachments
Sejiri Steppe.full.jpg
On Serra's Wings.full.jpg
Growth-Chamber Guardian.full.jpg
Drowner of Secrets.full.jpg
Abundant Growth.full.jpg
Firons2

Postby Jessica » 09 Feb 2019, 23:00

Firons2 wrote:The images are of pretty good quality (to me), but I could show it to someone and if the quality of the images was adequate, I could even host the entire zipped collection. It would be nice to do so, since I know how tedious it is to get all the images on your own and also I could get some feedback on which images are missing and download and fill in any stragglers out there.
I'm very interested in downloading your images! Are they in the right naming format to be used by Forge? I looked at your attachments and the quality is really good!

Could you put them online somewhere? A fast download speed is on a Google drive. People can click "download everything" on google drive and a zip file is made by google drive containing all pictures. In this way you can download everything quickly and just extract the zip file after downloading it.

What do you think of this idea? It would also be easy to update or add new images to the google drive. (There is a sync tool that syncs your folders on your PC with google drive). I looked up the amount of free storage of google drive: 15 GB.
So by using google drive, you have an online backup of all your images and you can easily update/add images, which means everybody has access to your latest updated images collection!

Hope to hear more from you soon!

Jessica

Postby Firons2 » 10 Feb 2019, 05:56

Jessica wrote:
Firons2 wrote:The images are of pretty good quality (to me), but I could show it to someone and if the quality of the images was adequate, I could even host the entire zipped collection. It would be nice to do so, since I know how tedious it is to get all the images on your own and also I could get some feedback on which images are missing and download and fill in any stragglers out there.
I'm very interested in downloading your images! Are they in the right naming format to be used by Forge? I looked at your attachments and the quality is really good!

Could you put them online somewhere? A fast download speed is on a Google drive. People can click "download everything" on google drive and a zip file is made by google drive containing all pictures. In this way you can download everything quickly and just extract the zip file after downloading it.

What do you think of this idea? It would also be easy to update or add new images to the google drive. (There is a sync tool that syncs your folders on your PC with google drive). I looked up the amount of free storage of google drive: 15 GB.
So by using google drive, you have an online backup of all your images and you can easily update/add images, which means everybody has access to your latest updated images collection!

Hope to hear more from you soon!

Jessica
Sure, seems like a good idea. And yes they are named correctly, but about 87 images are missing and I cannot for the life of me find which ones. I'm going to try and upload everything right now, but my internet speed isn't too great, so keep that in mind.
Firons2

Postby Jessica » 10 Feb 2019, 14:36

Thanks for all the work!

I'm planning to use the images in Forge (and Forge Android version if possible). If I ever find out which cards are missing, I'll let you know!

I'm a Forge beginner (just started using it 1 week ago): is it as easy as replacing the folders of my LQ pics (downloaded using Forge) by your HQ pics folders? Or are there more things I need to do to use them in Forge?

Jessica

Postby Firons2 » 10 Feb 2019, 16:25

You just need to put them in the right folders and that's it. Also, I'm currently having some problems with Kamigawa flip cards, I wrote to the support channel on the discord so maybe the devs will be able to figure something out. But the rest of the cards seem to work perfectly fine (except the missing ones of course).

Update on the uploading: About half of the cards have been uploaded, my internet is truly terrible. I will post links tommorow.
Firons2

Postby Jessica » 10 Feb 2019, 18:06

Thanks for the quick reply!

Do you know if the Android version of Forge can use HQ images too? I want to use them there too, but no idea if it can use HQ images too.

PS: maybe an idea for finding the missing cards: compare the LQ images downloaded by Forge with your images (comparing the same directories like "4E", "5E", ...).
I think you should find the missing ones in this way.

Postby Firons2 » 10 Feb 2019, 18:11

Yeah, I compiled all of these images for my phone. Here is how it looks (may be a little crustier, since I sent it from my phone to my pc via messenger and it may downgrade the quality of them).
Attachments
51757598_2185252138392783_7695876495809445888_n.jpg
Firons2

Postby Jessica » 10 Feb 2019, 18:21

Awesome quality! A big difference compared to the LQ pics :-) I'm very happy to receive them :D

Maybe a faster way to transfer the files to your PC is connecting your phone to your PC using a USB cable?

Postby Firons2 » 10 Feb 2019, 18:27

Jessica wrote:Awesome quality! A big difference compared to the LQ pics :-) I'm very happy to receive them :D

Maybe a faster way to transfer the files to your PC is connecting your phone to your PC using a USB cable?
Sending to messenger is faster, I don't have to look for my USB cable.
Firons2

Postby Jessica » 10 Feb 2019, 18:33

Did you scan all images yourself? It's very impressive :-)

Postby Firons2 » 10 Feb 2019, 18:37

Jessica wrote:Did you scan all images yourself? It's very impressive :-)
Oh no, I just downloaded them all. I had to download a fair amount by hand, one by one and rename them too, so there's that. But there are content downloaders, which work pretty well, just take a long time and renaming after the downloading, since a lot of the folders have to be in a different name to work with Forge.
Firons2

Postby Jessica » 10 Feb 2019, 18:39

Still a great achievement to put everything up-and-running for using in Forge :-)

I'm interested in the website where you found the images. Can I ask this?

Next

Return to Forge