It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:43

Text Size

HQ card pics

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

HQ card pics

Postby Jessica » 09 Feb 2019, 01:55

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a content downloader in Forge for HQ card pics too?

Currently only LQ pics are there.

How and where to download all HQ card pics? And why are only the LQ pics available in Forge's content downloader?

Jessica

Re: HQ card pics

Postby DadoIrie » 10 Feb 2019, 18:15

check out the the last posts of this topic here on this board
slightlymagic . net/forum/viewtopic . php?f=15&t=12336&start=945
there's a space after & before the dot ;)

quality is 200dpi and reaches 5gb+ if you want all of them ;)
but in order to download them all without any headaches install the MEGA app from playstore , open the folder in the app and then just move the pictures in the appropriate folder wherever you store you're set pictures which you can set up in the setting in forge

hope this could help & in the forge sub-forum if you look a bit you'll find also the 200dpi tokens ... its on the first site ... just look a bit around ;) you'll be surprised how faster you'll find what your searching for than waiting for a answer

dado
DadoIrie

Postby Jessica » 10 Feb 2019, 18:32

Thanks for the link!

But I'm still asking myself why the developers don't add a 'download HQ pics' option in Forge.
Now we have to do everything manually if we want HQ pictures (while LQ pics can be downloaded in Forge automatically).

Does anybody know the reason why HQ pics are not added as a download option in Forge?

Postby CptKird » 11 Feb 2019, 19:56

Hi,

I'm guessing it has to do with both a huge amount of data and maybe the intention to offer only what's readily available for free on the net by the copyright owner, i.e. LQ pics.

For tablets/mobile such a datapack would quite possibly zero out internal free space on some devices, which could create quite a "headache" for Android :) since IIRC there's no permission setting available allowing writes to external SD yet in the app(?)

All of the above are just possible reasons, of course.

All the best
Cpt. Kird
CptKird

Postby timmermac » 12 Feb 2019, 07:01

Also, HQ pics will slow the game down much faster than LQ. Forge doesn't clear memory very well and also runs on a limited amount of memory, which runs out faster with HQ pics.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Jessica » 12 Feb 2019, 15:32

Maybe the memory problems should be fixed first and then the road is open for HQ images?

I downloaded HQ images on the forum and I have no problems with Forge (it's still very fast). But I do have a PC with 16 GB RAM :-)

Postby Jessica » 12 Feb 2019, 15:41

timmermac wrote:Forge doesn't clear memory very well and also runs on a limited amount of memory, which runs out faster with HQ pics.
why is the amount of memory available to Forge limited?? In those days with modern PCs with much RAM memory, wouldn't it be better to let Forge use as much memory it needs? For example: I see Forge now uses 1 GB which can easily be more on modern PCs (PCs have 4 GB RAM minimum nowadays).

Postby DadoIrie » 14 Feb 2019, 21:54

CptKird wrote:Hi,
.... which could create quite a "headache" for Android :) since IIRC there's no permission setting available allowing writes to external SD yet in the app(?)

All of the above are just possible reasons, of course.

All the best
Cpt. Kird
All the deleted part was very well, but here I disagree, because I have all my 5.2GB within 200+ folders on my external microSD & configured this through the in-game settings ... It should just ask you for permission.

I noticed that Forge on android does not clean the ram and this leads to some crashes when it's full. It'll be nice if the Devs manage this somehow ... no idea myself ... maybe just after a while freeing up old memory ... which leads to question if they have something in their codebase which handles memory relevance somehow ... to much somehow's from my part

Dado
DadoIrie

Postby DadoIrie » 14 Feb 2019, 22:04

timmermac wrote: ... Forge doesn't clear memory very well and also runs on a limited amount of memory, which runs out faster with HQ pics.
that part with clearing I can grasp, but having troubles to understand in which way limited? If my forge crashes than it means for me that my device reached his memory limit (mostly lesser than 100kb if I'm not mistaken) and couldn't handle forge anymore
DadoIrie

Postby CptKird » 15 Feb 2019, 11:49

DadoIrie wrote:
CptKird wrote:Hi,
.... IIRC there's no permission setting available allowing writes to external SD yet in the app?
... I have all my 5.2GB within 200+ folders on my external microSD & configured this through the in-game settings ... It should just ask you for permission.

Dado
Hi,

well, i may need to clarify which systems I use Forge with:

I'm on two unrooted devices, cellphone is on Android 6.x the tablet is on 8.x.

I can manually copy all my scans to external and link to it through the app as well (on my way in the select new path procedure, when I hit the above root level of the internal memory, I get a slight exception, which you can just ignore/move past).
I can even set the data path etc to external in-app as well but I never get asked for permissions, neither by the app nor the system.
And since the app doesn't have permission to modify/write to external SD you are greeted with a black screen upon startup, since Forge needs to be able to write to e.g. "data".
(Manually editing the "forge.profile.properties" after that black screen, pointing to the internal SD "data" and "cache" again, remedies that problem and Forge starts normally again)

That's one of the possible reasons why there's no HQ pics download option in Forge as it was asked earlier, because you'd need to access external SD for that for sure.

If you have set your data path to external and this is working, you're probably on a rooted device?

Believe me, my cellphones' Knox is no more :D so, TWRP is already installed, last time I wanted to root I couldn't find a workable solution. But I'll try again soon :)

All the best!
Cpt. Kird
CptKird

Postby DadoIrie » 15 Feb 2019, 14:23

Nope ... No rooted device and may you could turn on the storage permission in your devices settings app info - app permissions?

if this do not work than I've no idea since I'm not a real technician ;)

hope that helped
Dado
DadoIrie

Postby Jessica » 15 Feb 2019, 15:04

CptKird wrote:That's one of the possible reasons why there's no HQ pics download option in Forge as it was asked earlier, because you'd need to access external SD for that for sure.
My question was about Forge desktop version ...

There are tablets running Android that have way enough storage space (5 GB for HD pics) to store them without a SD card. My tablet for example has 64 GB storage.

Return to Forge