It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:50

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.34 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.34 SOFTWARE

Postby JayDi » 29 Mar 2019, 17:26

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.34 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. Please report those card requests here:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19067

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
Look here before you post and describe a problem. Often the problems are already fixed and you only have to wait for the next update. If your problem is already mentioned as solved, there is no need to post it in this thread again.
See here: https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/Features-and-fixes-not-released-yet
JayDi

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.34 SOFTWARE

Postby dracoix » 30 Mar 2019, 01:54

Player vs Computer

Computer's deck (random, any, doesn't matter)

Player's deck contains "Oracle en-Vec" and "Ensnaring Bridge"
When both are in play, and "Oracle en-Vec" is activated, with player having no cards in hand, creating a game state where the Computer must attack with all creatures but cannot thereby forcing the removal of all creatures Computer controls, but cannot, Computer's next turn may lock up and return the following error.
Tested with private localhost and Amazon EC2 launched instance for private hosting of game just to be sure. Doesn't affect the server overall, just the specific table will be in an unknown and unwatchable state.

| Open
FATAL 2019-03-30 01:31:55,495 GameWorker general exception [6012c6d9-1185-4061-9bcd-55ebb0a8cd94] null =>[GAME 6012c6d9-1185-4061-9bcd-55ebb0a8cd94] GameWorker call
java lang NullPointerException
at mage cards o OracleEnVecMustAttackRequirementEffect applies(OracleEnVec java:119)
at mage abilities effects ContinuousEffects getApplicableRequirementEffects(ContinuousEffects java:233)
at mage game combat Combat checkAttackRequirements(Combat java:432)
at mage game combat Combat selectAttackers(Combat java:250)
at mage game turn DeclareAttackersStep beginStep(DeclareAttackersStep java:36)
at mage game turn Phase prePriority(Phase java:168)
at mage game turn Phase playStep(Phase java:182)
at mage game turn Phase play(Phase java:89)
at mage game turn Turn play(Turn java:127)
at mage game GameImpl playTurn(GameImpl java:850)
at mage game GameImpl play(GameImpl java:759)
at mage game GameImpl start(GameImpl java:723)
at mage server game GameWorker call(GameWorker java:34)
at java util concurrent FutureTask run(FutureTask java:266)
at java util concurrent ThreadPoolExecutor runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor java:1149)
at java util concurrent ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker run(ThreadPoolExecutor java:624)
at java lang Thread run(Thread java:748)

XMage hates on niche lock/control and infinite loop decks. :p

EDIT: Thankfully, the similar effects of "Maddening Imp" works as intended when "Ensnaring Bridge" is used in combination with no errors. Using it as an alternative at the cost of 1 extra mana and black/any manadork requirement. Takes an extra turn to proc the end-game win button, but it's worth it.

Devs: fixed with next server restart
dracoix

Postby Tharkon » 30 Mar 2019, 13:32

Not sure how this happened by my Lord of Lineage is boosting my opponents vampires, though for some reason not his Lord of Lineage.

https://i.imgur.com/pIISOq8.png

A little explanation of the board:
I have two Cryptoplasm copying his Lord of Lineage (transformed from Bloodline Keeper), both base 5/5 that grant each other +2/+2.
I have four 2/2 vampire tokens, all getting +2/+2 from my lords with one getting an extra +1/+1 from Flayer Husk.

He has one Lord of Lineage, base 5/5 with 22 +1/+1 tokens. So far all good.
He has a 1/1 vampire token with 8 +1/+1 counters, that gets +2/+2 from his Lord as well as from one of mine for a total of 13/13 instead of 11/11.
He has a Vampire Nighthawk, base 2/3 with +2/+2 from his Lord as well as from one of mine for a total of 6/7 instead of 4/5, putting it out of reach of my Vedalken Shackles.

What is that attached to the Vampire Nighthawk? A test board state attached where it works correctly.
Attachments
Proof2.jpg
Tharkon

Postby Tharkon » 30 Mar 2019, 14:10

In a game between 2 humans and 2 AI's.

One of the players attacks one of the AI's somehow causing the other AI's Orim's Prayer to trigger.

https://i.imgur.com/sh0OdXc.png

P.s. It even triggers when nobody is attacking at all. Though no life is gained.

Fixed in the next release.
Tharkon

Postby Tharkon » 31 Mar 2019, 00:39

I cast Regna's Sanction and nothing happened.
I should add that I have cast Regna's Sanction before and it worked but that was over a month ago.
I am not sure what is causing it to do nothing here so added a screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/xdFDL77.jpg

Fixed in the next release.
Tharkon

Postby Hoac » 02 Apr 2019, 12:54

When Urza, Academy Headmaster uses Vraska the Unseen's ultimate. He only creates one single assassin, instead of three. This is a little bit strange, because Vraska the Unseen's ultimate works fine, and produces three assassins.
Hoac

Postby Tharkon » 02 Apr 2019, 21:06

Estrid's Invocation allows me to copy my opponent's Bloodchief Ascension, it should only allow me to copy my own enchantments.

Also, when Estrid's Invocation copies Metamorphic Alteration, it allows me to choose a creature to enchant and a creature to copy, as expected. But the enchanted creature does not become a copy of the chosen creature.

The first issue is fixed. Checking the second one out.
Tharkon

Postby sudsmcduff » 06 Apr 2019, 05:03

Duskmantle Guildmage's 1st ability should cease at the cleanup step not during the end step

Continuous effects that have a duration of "this Turn" or "until end of Turn" end in the next cleanup step.
so delayed triggered abilities created by one-shot effects whose trigger condition include "this Turn" or "until end of Turn"
(like Guildmage) last all the way to the end of the Turn, including During the end step.

currently, if someone removes the guildmage during end step, it avoids this delayed trigger despite the card going into the yard, which should trigger the ability.
Last edited by sudsmcduff on 07 Apr 2019, 04:49, edited 2 times in total.
sudsmcduff

Postby Hoac » 06 Apr 2019, 14:32

Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker's -9 ability does not work properly if a Planeswalker is selected. Upon selecting a planeswalker no cards are discarded, and no permanents are sacrificed. The same is true for Urza, Academy Headmaster's version of this ability.

| Open
<font color="#CCCC33">15:55: </font><font color="#20B2AA">Hoac</font><font color="White">
activates: </font><font color="#DAA520"><a href="#Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker">Nicol
Bolas, Planeswalker</a></font><font color="White"> [a27] deals 7 damage to
target player or planeswalker. That player or that planeswalker's
controller discards seven cards then sacrifices seven permanents. from </font><font color="#DAA520"><a href="#Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker">Nicol
Bolas, Planeswalker</a></font><font color="White"> [a27] targeting </font><font color="#DAA520"><a href="#Kaya, Ghost Assassin">Kaya,
Ghost Assassin</a></font><font color="White"> [33a] </font>

<font color="#CCCC33">15:55: </font><font color="#DAA520"><a href="#Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker">Nicol
Bolas, Planeswalker</a></font><font color="White"> [a27] deals 7 damage to </font><font color="#DAA520"><a href="#Kaya, Ghost Assassin">Kaya,
Ghost Assassin</a></font><font color="White"> [33a]</font>

<font color="#CCCC33">15:55: </font><font color="#DAA520"><a href="#Kaya, Ghost Assassin">Kaya,
Ghost Assassin</a></font><font color="White"> [33a] is put into graveyard
from battlefield</font>

<font color="#CCCC33">15:57: </font><font color="#20B2AA">Hoac</font><font color="White">
activates: Draw seven cards. Then if your library has no cards in it, you
win the game. from </font><font color="#87CEFA"><a href="#Jace, Wielder of Mysteries">Jace,
Wielder of Mysteries</a></font><font color="White"> [9be]</font>

Here is the one from Urza, Academy Headmaster. This one is a little bit more tricky, because I targeted Teyo, the Shieldmage, which gave his owner hexproof. Because Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker states "that player, or that planeswalker's controller discards, etc." it probably should have worked, because the ability did not target the player, only the planeswalker.

| Open
<font color="#CCCC33">15:54: </font><font color="#DAA520"><a href="#Urza, Academy Headmaster">Urza,
Academy Headmaster</a></font><font color="White"> [bf5] deals 7 damage to </font><font color="#F0E68C"><a href="#Teyo, the Shieldmage">Teyo,
the Shieldmage</a></font><font color="White"> [ecd]</font>

<font color="#CCCC33">15:54: </font><font color="#F0E68C"><a href="#Teyo, the Shieldmage">Teyo,
the Shieldmage</a></font><font color="White"> [ecd] is put into graveyard
from battlefield</font>

This report is for the beta client
Hoac

Postby Hoac » 06 Apr 2019, 18:35

Beta Client: Interplanar Beacon works incorrectly. It allows you to add two mana in ANY COMBINATION of colours to be added to your mana pool. Instead of two mana of different colours.

Devs: github
Hoac

Postby Hoac » 06 Apr 2019, 19:55

Beta Client: Ignite the Beacon does not restrict the search to planeswalkers, you can search for any 2 cards you want at instant speed.

Devs: github
Hoac

Postby Chickn7 » 06 Apr 2019, 20:08

Now, when I boot up the launcher and launch server, the server console window says "Error: Could not find or load main class mage.server.Main"
do you know how to fix this (neither the tables or deckbuilder will load)

Also I have to re-download symbols and art after every update is this normal?
Thanks.
Chickn7

Postby Tharkon » 07 Apr 2019, 01:58

Chickn7 wrote:Also I have to re-download symbols and art after every update is this normal?
Thanks.
I did not have to re-download any symbols or art when updating.

Jeering Homunculus preview text says

When Jeering Homunculus enters the battlefield,
The effect does seem to work at least partially, it allows me to select a creature and it says it I am goading the creature. Because the creature was unable to attack (it was the homunculus itself) I am unsure if the goading worked.

EDIT: The goading works.
Tharkon

Postby JayDi » 08 Apr 2019, 10:18

Chickn7 wrote:Now, when I boot up the launcher and launch server, the server console window says "Error: Could not find or load main class mage.server.Main"
do you know how to fix this (neither the tables or deckbuilder will load)

Also I have to re-download symbols and art after every update is this normal?
Thanks.
It's missing files. You must close all "java.exe" apps, run launcher and press "update" again. If you don't see any progress or your \xmage\mage-client and/or \xmage\mage-server\ folders are empty then you need to setup ipv4 fix (follow instructions from that topic).
JayDi

Postby Tharkon » 10 Apr 2019, 11:42

In a game with two humans and one AI, when activating Puca's Mischief to trade my Beguiler of Wills (my only creature) for the human opponent's Incorrigible Youths and in response activating Beguiler of Wills to steal his Kederekt Parasite, the following happens.

Beguiler of Wills resolves and I gain control of Kederekt Parasite.
Puca's Mischief resolves and I gain control of Incorrigible Youths and my opponent gains control of both Beguiler of Wills and Kederekt Parasite.

I do not believe my opponent should have regained control of the parasite, sine the control effect lasts indefinitely, regardless of the beguiler's fate, the parasites power or my amount of creatures.

Relevant section of the log:
13:35: Turn 15 Tharkon (9 - 20 - 4)
13:35: Ability triggers: Puca's Mischief [8a3] - At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exchange control of target nonland permanent you control and target nonland permanent an opponent controls with an equal or lesser converted mana cost. - targeting Beguiler of Wills [111] Incorrigible Youths [6be]
13:35: Tharkon activates: gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the number of creatures you control. from Beguiler of Wills [111] targeting Kederekt Parasite [caa]

EDIT: Possibly related bug
In a game with two humans and a defeated AI, when activating Puca's Mischief to trade my Vedalken Shackles for the opponent's Mindcrank and in response activating Vedalken Shackles to steal his Archfiend of Ifnir, the following happens.
Vedalken Shackles resolves and I gain control of Archfiend of Ifnir.
Puca's Mischief resolves and I gain control of Mindcrank and my opponent gains control of both Vedalken Shackles and Archfiend of Ifnir, even though Vedalken Shackles is still tapped.
Last edited by Tharkon on 10 Apr 2019, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
Tharkon

Next

Return to XMage