It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:05

Text Size

Difficult to see certain things happening during a match.

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Difficult to see certain things happening during a match.

Postby Boge » 11 Jul 2019, 16:25

I have a few issues with this game, and it's made worse with custom decks.

1. The camera angle mushes up the opponents side due to the perspective. This is most evident when I'm being attacked by a bunch of creatures and I'm trying to target them all with something. If I use Story Circle and I'm trying to protect against 8 cards, those yellow beams can cover the entire screen until I can't see if I've targeted all of the attackers. Sometimes I'm choosing the wrong target because the cards are close together and I can't see clearly because of those TARGETTING beams. It's the same if I'm blocking a bunch of attackers.

2. The organization gets confusing on the table. I have a custom colorless deck with a bunch of artifacts and special lands. They don't stack up like most duplicates, so they take up a lot of space. I wish I could manually place my cards where I wanted them.

I'm guessing there isn't a way to allow card movement though. Is there a way to mod some of the visuals so those yellow beams aren't so blinding?
Boge

Re: Difficult to see certain things happening during a match

Postby Splinterverse » 12 Jul 2019, 11:21

Hi. I understand your frustration.

Most of what your describing has to do with the game engine itself, which we don't have access to mod. We're only able to modify the supporting files, such as the cards available.

That said, there are a couple of options available to you. One is that you can change the perspective a bit using the number pad on the keyboard. Unless you've changed the defaults, pressing 8 will give you an overhead view (which I use a lot to choose blockers). 2 returns you to your original view. Other numbers (4 and 6 I believe) allow you to rotate perspective to the other players' points-of-view. That might help a bit.

As for the visuals . . . we are able to mod the SFX visuals (the ones that fire when a card does something like target a player or does damage to a creature). The only modding I've seen on this front is people bringing in SFX from previous versions of the game. Also, I've personally brought in some animated card images. Other than that, I haven't seen much modding in this area.

If you could find the visuals responsible for the attacking arc, they could be replaced with other art or potentially altered in your own copy of the game to be "empty". I don't know which files the arcs are in, so I can't really help you identify the files you'd need to mod. And, if you did, it would only be a local change for you because most of the default altered stuff is local only (rather than shared with the CW) so that people have to option to stick with the defaults if they want.

The only other advice I can offer is to play in free-for-all mode because the camera distance is further away and it gives a bit more room for cards.

I wish we could alter the engine to allow movement of cards to other positions, but it is beyond our reach at this time.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Re: Difficult to see certain things happening during a match

Postby Boge » 12 Jul 2019, 16:40

I didn't know of the camera change. Awesome. I'll have a look at that. Thanks!
Boge

Return to 2014