It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:19

Text Size

Error when making a custom deck

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Error when making a custom deck

Postby SenaM66 » 14 Jul 2019, 09:11

Hi, I've repeatedly had this error whenever I finish making a custom deck, does anyone know what causes it and how to fix it?

The deck, when viewed in Deck Manager, will have upwards of 300+ cards in it with at least 250 of a basic land. If used by me or the AI in this condition, they will have 67 cards in their deck counting their opening hand.
Attachments
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Screenshot of the error
SenaM66

Re: Error when making a custom deck

Postby Splinterverse » 14 Jul 2019, 10:53

SenaM66 wrote:Hi, I've repeatedly had this error whenever I finish making a custom deck, does anyone know what causes it and how to fix it?

The deck, when viewed in Deck Manager, will have upwards of 300+ cards in it with at least 250 of a basic land. If used by me or the AI in this condition, they will have 67 cards in their deck counting their opening hand.
Hi. I'm assuming you are using the Community Wad mod? If so, we generally don't use the in-game deck manager because of various issues like you described. We use the Deck Builder tool that was made for the Community Wad to create and manage our decks.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby SenaM66 » 14 Jul 2019, 12:12

The one called Riiak's? So do I, it's where I'm getting this error from.
SenaM66

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Jul 2019, 10:25

The in-game deck editor is very buggy, especially under certain conditions such as:
  • Using a 4+ color deck.
  • Decks with no land.
  • Multi-color decks with number of types of basic land less than the number of colors (i.e. 3 color deck but only 2 types of basic land).
Under conditions like these you need to set ignore CMC over to 0 (instead of -1) and either manually specify the minimum number of lands or manually add the basic lands (if any) to the deck using the Deck Builder.

NOTE: You should never open a 4+ color deck using the in-game deck editor as the engine has no support for those decks.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby SenaM66 » 15 Jul 2019, 23:52

Yup, seemed the 5 color Silver deck idea was the main issue. Haven't had the issue again since I deleted it with any other deck. Thanks!
SenaM66

Postby RiiakShiNal » 16 Jul 2019, 10:12

SenaM66 wrote:Yup, seemed the 5 color Silver deck idea was the main issue. Haven't had the issue again since I deleted it with any other deck. Thanks!
The DotP 2013 engine did actually have support for 4 & 5 color decks, but that support was unfortunately removed in DotP 2014. You can still create and use 4 & 5 color decks in the game (playing with the decks works fine), but trying to open them in the in-game deck editor causes problems due to this lack of support.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Oct 2019, 18:54

Splinterverse wrote:We use the Deck Builder tool that was made for the Community Wad to create and manage our decks.
Bit of a digression, but just for the record, Riiak made the deck builder well before the Community Wad was ever even an idea. It just stood the test of time and works very well, even with the CW, and that's why it's recommended. But it wasn't made for the CW. That would have been awesome, but that was 100% RiiakShiNal and his own initiative. It's important to keep in mind that while the CW is essentially the mod still in use, it was built on the hard work from a lot of people who were working on the game(s) way before I came along and made the CW.
Xander9009
Programmer

Return to 2014