It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:20

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 18 Jul 2019, 23:34

addict insane wrote:Oh, man, if you ever feel like coding Collission/Colossus, the new Jund Dinosaur Deck is just disgusting levels of aggression with it!!!

I don't know if I can post links here, but here you have some one playing the deck and demonstrating why that card is so important to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VajyIQB16gM
Yeah. I would love to see these cards in game. The problem is that they both play from the hand. The reason we were able to code the Aftermath cards is that one half plays from the hand and the other the graveyard. That said, because we were able to get those working, there's a chance we'll figure these out someday too. It will definitely not be easy and probably will require someone better than me at modding, but you never know.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 19 Jul 2019, 00:47

Ok, no worries. This is probably not the place to discuss this, but what cards come to mind for you when trying to substitute Collission/Colossus in that deck?
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 19 Jul 2019, 07:37

addict insane wrote:Ok, no worries. This is probably not the place to discuss this, but what cards come to mind for you when trying to substitute Collision//Colossus in that deck?
I'm not sure. I only dabble in making decks occasionally. I would check MTGassist.com. If you search for a card, they show you similar ones. Here's a link to Collision//Colossus https://www.mtgassist.com/cards/Ravnica ... Collision/. If color doesn't matter (and I'm sure it does in this case), you can also click on Rulings to see cards that have similar text in any color. I use this site to find cards that are similar to ones I want/need to code. On the main page, they have a text box where you can search by text on the card. It's similar to Scryfall in that respect, but it's easier to use and you can put phrases in quotes (unlike Scryfall).
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 20 Jul 2019, 00:24

Splinterverse wrote:
addict insane wrote:Ok, no worries. This is probably not the place to discuss this, but what cards come to mind for you when trying to substitute Collision//Colossus in that deck?
I'm not sure. I only dabble in making decks occasionally. I would check MTGassist.com. If you search for a card, they show you similar ones. Here's a link to Collision//Colossus https://www.mtgassist.com/cards/Ravnica ... Collision/. If color doesn't matter (and I'm sure it does in this case), you can also click on Rulings to see cards that have similar text in any color. I use this site to find cards that are similar to ones I want/need to code. On the main page, they have a text box where you can search by text on the card. It's similar to Scryfall in that respect, but it's easier to use and you can put phrases in quotes (unlike Scryfall).
That's a handy site! I was wondering why Colossal Might wasn't showing up but it's just showing results for Collision.

As far as bugs go:
Feather, the Redeemed isn't exiling spells.

I also uploaded two fixes myself: Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants and Martial Glory. Neither card was doing their multitargeting thing correctly and for different reasons. Tested both.
Parabolic

Postby Splinterverse » 20 Jul 2019, 01:00

Parabolic wrote:That's a handy site! I was wondering why Colossal Might wasn't showing up but it's just showing results for Collision.
Glad you like it. I use that site daily.
Parabolic wrote:Feather, the Redeemed isn't exiling spells.
I have fixed it (I believe) but haven't tested it. I've also uploaded the fix, but the auto uploader appears to be stuck at the moment, so I can't say when the next repack of the CW will occur. I've emailed Xander about it.
Parabolic wrote:I also uploaded two fixes myself: Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants and Martial Glory. Neither card was doing their multitargeting thing correctly and for different reasons. Tested both.
Thank you so much for fixing, testing and uploading these. We need all the help we can get, so that is much appreciated!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 20 Jul 2019, 01:41

Splinterverse wrote:Thank you so much for fixing, testing and uploading these. We need all the help we can get, so that is much appreciated!
As I've told Xander, I can't actually "read" Lua, but I can compare scripts of a card that isn't working to a similar one that is and make some educated guesses from there. Travel Preparations and Seeds of Strength already existing and working let me solve these ones (and Martial Glory still took 3 attempts #-o)
Parabolic

Postby addict insane » 20 Jul 2019, 09:35

Thanks for the site, Splinterverse.

Patron of the Vein's image is bugged. Is far too zoomed in.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 20 Jul 2019, 10:48

Parabolic wrote:As I've told Xander, I can't actually "read" Lua, but I can compare scripts of a card that isn't working to a similar one that is and make some educated guesses from there. Travel Preparations and Seeds of Strength already existing and working let me solve these ones (and Martial Glory still took 3 attempts #-o)
I hear you. I had never worked with XML or Lua before the CW. I was a developer using VB, SQL, and C# mostly. But, thankfully a lot of the concepts (such as if/then loops etc.) are universal. You're doing similar things to what I do, which is look for similar cards, study those, and apply what I've learned. If you continue what you're doing, you'll be a full-fledged modder someday. Also, if you're not using Xander's testing card, "Favor of the Gods", you should consider it. It saves a lot of time. I took that card and made 3 different ones for myself to speed up testing (when I'm actually able to test).
addict insane wrote:Thanks for the site, Splinterverse.
Sure thing. I love that site. In fact, I've reached out to the owner a few times with bugs, and he fixes them quickly, so I'm happy to support/promote it.
addict insane wrote:Patron of the Vein's image is bugged. Is far too zoomed in.
I have fixed this and uploaded it. It should appear in the next repack. Thanks for reporting!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 20 Jul 2019, 12:01

Unclaimed Territory has a very short list of Creature types to choose from.

I believe someone, most likely Xander, coded one of those cards to look at which creature types your decks has. This can't be the case for Unclaimed Territory, since I played it in the Jund Dinos deck and it suggested Angels, Monks and zero Dinos (I think the deck has 24) XD.

I believe that land card is Ancient Ziggurat.

Also, what's wrong with Rotting Regisaur is that the card you select for discarding is never actually discarded. I mean, part of me feels tempted to not report this, but that deck is just too obscene without the Regisaur drawback XD.

Kaalia of the Vast doesn't let me choose Dragons when her ability triggers. And in the same session I tried to cast council's judgment, which again fizzled.
Last edited by addict insane on 20 Jul 2019, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
addict insane

Postby Parabolic » 20 Jul 2019, 17:00

Wild-Field Scarecrow used to sac itself for no effect. Fixed, tested, and uploaded a working copy.

addict insane wrote:Also, what's wrong with Rotting Regisaur is that the card you select for discarding is never actually discarded. I mean, part of me feels tempted to not report this, but that deck is just too obscene without the Regisaur drawback XD.
I would take a stab at this one but there's actually two Rotting Regisaur files and I'm a bit confused about that (neither one has the multiverse ID in the file name, too)
Parabolic

Postby addict insane » 20 Jul 2019, 19:34

addict insane wrote:Unclaimed Territory has a very short list of Creature types to choose from.

I believe someone, most likely Xander, coded one of those cards to look at which creature types your decks has. This can't be the case for Unclaimed Territory, since I played it in the Jund Dinos deck and it suggested Angels, Monks and zero Dinos (I think the deck has 24) XD.

Also, what's wrong with Rotting Regisaur is that the card you select for discarding is never actually discarded. I mean, part of me feels tempted to not report this, but that deck is just too obscene without the Regisaur drawback XD.

Kaalia of the Vast doesn't let me choose Dragons when her ability triggers. And in the same session I tried to cast council's judgment, which again fizzled.
Sorry, I meant the newer Kaalia, Zenith Seeker

Assassin's Trophy it's not pulling a land for the opponent. Error log:

[lua] [string "ASSASSINS_TROPHY_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000879"]:4: attempt to index global 'controller' (a nil value)
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 20 Jul 2019, 21:22

addict insane wrote:Unclaimed Territory has a very short list of Creature types to choose from.

Ancient Ziggurat doesn't involve choosing creature types, but I did repurpose a tiny bit of code from Adaptive Automaton to hopefully make Unclaimed Territory work better. I've uploaded (but not tested) it. It should appear in the next CW repack (tonight).
addict insane wrote:What's wrong with Rotting Regisaur is that the card you select for discarding is never actually discarded. I mean, part of me feels tempted to not report this, but that deck is just too obscene without the Regisaur drawback XD.
I have fixed, but not tested this. I would not be shocked if it doesn't work after this fix. I've been having issues with discard abilities behaving properly for me lately. It should appear in the next CW repack (tonight).
addict insane wrote:Kaalia, Zenith Seeker doesn't let me choose Dragons when her ability triggers. And in the same session I tried to cast council's judgment, which again fizzled.
Both should be fixed (but they haven't been tested). In the case of Council's, it looks like my last fix didn't make it into the CW somehow. Perhaps I uploaded the old copy instead of the new one. In any case, the fixes for both of these cards should appear in tonight's CW repack.
Parabolic wrote:I would take a stab at Rotting Regisaur but there's actually two Rotting Regisaur files and I'm a bit confused about that (neither one has the multiverse ID in the file name, too)
I may have fixed it (not sure). There's two files, one with (1) on the end of the name because the Google Drive glitched when I was uploading and ended up uploading two copies simultaneously. Unfortunately, the files don't show up when I search the loose files section of the Google Drive, so I can't remove the ones that have (1). Hopefully one day Xander can clean them out. (But, in the meantime, ignore any with (1) in the name.)
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 20 Jul 2019, 23:01

Knight of the Ebon Legion is getting +1/+1 instead of +3/+3 when his ability is activated, and his counter-acquiring ability doesn't trigger when a player loses 4 or more life.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 21 Jul 2019, 00:09

addict insane wrote:Knight of the Ebon Legion is getting +1/+1 instead of +3/+3 when his ability is activated, and his counter-acquiring ability doesn't trigger when a player loses 4 or more life.
I have fixed but not tested this. It should appear when the CW repacks tonight. Thanks for reporting!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 21 Jul 2019, 17:25

A few random news items for those who only follow this thread:

- Almost all of the Amonkhet and Hour of Devastation cards with Aftermath (aka split cards) are now available in the CW. (There are only two that aren't released due to issues with their cards abilities in testing. If we can get those fixed, they'll be added.)

- Almost all of the cards with Splice Onto effects are now available in the CW. (A few are still going through testing and/or may remain impossible.)

- I've started a thread to discuss a possible simple approach to bringing Snow mana to the CW: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=28705#p237978

- I've been updating the Impossible Cards list (link in my signature).
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

PreviousNext

Return to 2014