It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:47

Text Size

BUG: Commander Deck Type Needs Commander Game Type

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

BUG: Commander Deck Type Needs Commander Game Type

Postby TheDeathryder » 24 Jul 2019, 21:53

Every time I try to start a freeform commander free for all I get an error saying that the commander deck type needs a commander game type. I get the same error when trying to start a freeform commander 2 player duel.
TheDeathryder

Re: BUG: Commander Deck Type Needs Commander Game Type

Postby JayDi » 25 Jul 2019, 04:23

Game type and deck type must be same. If you are using Commander game mode then choose Commander deck type too.
JayDi

Postby shermanido37 » 05 Aug 2019, 17:42

Sorry to necro, but I had seemed to be having a similar problem.
I'd selected the commander deck type and had built a commander deck. (99 cards in sideboard, 1 commander in sideboard)
Each time I loaded the deck into the deck editor, I received the following message:
"Errors while loading deck
Found problems with deck:
Layout mismatch: Expected 99 cards, but got 98 in layout MAIN"
Trying to create a commander match with that deck, will result in the same error message.

I can fix this problem by going to the source file of the saved deck, copying the card name list, selecting all contents (ctrl + a), and then pasting only the card name list. Reloading the deck after doing that makes the above error message disappear.
If my humble reasoning is to be trusted, the bottom portion of the file ("LAYOUT MAIN:(1,7)(CMC,false,50)|([MPS:16],[MH1:243], ... ") might have somehow stopped synchronizing with the card name list, which was still updated. That could be the result of a bug, maybe with adding or with deleting a card.

EDIT: upon further investigation the error message started appearing after I set the name of the deck, so that's probably where you want to look first.
EDIT 2: it still won't let me create a game with that deck, with the same "deck type game type" message. how strange! any ideas for help?
shermanido37

Postby JayDi » 05 Aug 2019, 21:06

shermanido37 wrote:Layout mismatch: Expected 99 cards, but got 98 in layout MAIN"
1. That's bug with some rare sets -- save your deck to new file after that error and compare old deck with new one. You will find missing card. Change that card to same name but from different set.

2. You must select "commander..." in BOTH comboboxes: game type and deck type.
JayDi

Return to XMage