Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 28 Aug 2019, 22:46

Misplay wrote:Hi!
Soulherder doesn't work properly.
> He could target himself.
> His ability does nothing. Once the target is chosen, the ability resolves without any effect.
Fixed and uploaded, but not tested. Thanks for reporting.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 29 Aug 2019, 11:59

> His ability does nothing. Once the target is chosen, the ability resolves without any effect.
I think you might have had an older version of the WAD. I run a deck with Soulherder and his ability for sure works.
Parabolic

Postby DamSF » 29 Aug 2019, 22:20

Lathliss, Dragon Queen still has 5/5, the correct is 6/6.

Got this error when opening the deck builder:
Code: Select all
Low: Card (TOMEBOUND_LICH_CW (1)) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: TOMEBOUND_LICH_CW
DamSF

Postby Misplay » 30 Aug 2019, 02:00

Parabolic wrote:
I think you might have had an older version of the WAD. I run a deck with Soulherder and his ability for sure works.
#-o
Arf, sorry. Anyway, glad to test it in the new deck designed by Nassif!
;)
Misplay

Postby MasterXploder7 » 01 Sep 2019, 06:13

Oh boy. Here goes. What started as a commander idea has turned into the payday of bug finds.

Muldrotha, the Gravetide - can be cast without paying any mana (or its a glitch because I had Mox Amber out)

Mox Amber - effect text incorrect. Just reads weird. Not really the highest priority.

Spark Double - doesn't have an option to select any creatures (may also have an issue with the "is not legendary" phrase). This should also be able to "Clone"-ed and also be non-legendary. I think this may be an impossible card simply because of that interaction (Progenitor Mimic should be able to make infinite copies of a previously legendary creature thanks to this and its amazing - what was WotC thinking).
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Splinterverse » 01 Sep 2019, 11:19

DamSF wrote:Lathliss, Dragon Queen still has 5/5, the correct is 6/6.
Fixed and uploaded.
DamSF wrote:Got this error when opening the deck builder:
Code: Select all
Low: Card (TOMEBOUND_LICH_CW (1)) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: TOMEBOUND_LICH_CW
Only Xander can fix this one as I don't have access to that file (or it doesn't show up for me in Google Drive). It is due to a duplicate file being present in the CW. As long as you only include the version of Tomebound Lich without the (1) in the title, you shouldn't experience issues. Thanks for reporting these bugs!
MasterXploder7 wrote:Muldrotha, the Gravetide - can be cast without paying any mana (or its a glitch because I had Mox Amber out)
I've looked through each line of the code and I'm not seeing anything that would grant casting from the hand. All of its abilities have "ZONE_GRAVEYARD" on them, so perhaps it was due to some other interaction.
MasterXploder7 wrote:Mox Amber - effect text incorrect. Just reads weird. Not really the highest priority.
Fixed and uploaded.
MasterXploder7 wrote:Spark Double - doesn't have an option to select any creatures (may also have an issue with the "is not legendary" phrase). This should also be able to "Clone"-ed and also be non-legendary. I think this may be an impossible card simply because of that interaction (Progenitor Mimic should be able to make infinite copies of a previously legendary creature thanks to this and its amazing - what was WotC thinking).
This one is currently in the list of Known Issues/Bugs (see my signature for a link) and will likely end up on the Impossible list as you described. Thanks for reporting these bugs. We appreciate it.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby MasterXploder7 » 02 Sep 2019, 20:46

If I recall correctly, couldn't cards like (after copy/pasting all of them I now realize how many there are, jeez):
Vivien, Arkbow Ranger
Spawnsire of Ulamog
Ring of Ma'rûf
Research // Development (Research)
Mastermind's Acquisition
Living Wish
Karn, the Great Creator
Golden Wish
Glittering Wish
Death Wish
Cunning Wish
Coax from the Blind Eternities
Burning Wish

Couldn't these cards be made by applying their affects to a deck's side board (since in a tournament aspect they can only interact with the side board according to the rulings)?
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby DamSF » 02 Sep 2019, 21:12

MasterXploder7 wrote:If I recall correctly, couldn't cards like (after copy/pasting all of them I now realize how many there are, jeez):
Vivien, Arkbow Ranger
Spawnsire of Ulamog
Ring of Ma'rûf
Research // Development (Research)
Mastermind's Acquisition
Living Wish
Karn, the Great Creator
Golden Wish
Glittering Wish
Death Wish
Cunning Wish
Coax from the Blind Eternities
Burning Wish

Couldn't these cards be made by applying their affects to a deck's side board (since in a tournament aspect they can only interact with the side board according to the rulings)?
Or even our own library, if the side board is not possible. It's better than not having them in-game, since they have other effects that could be used. :/
DamSF

Postby Splinterverse » 03 Sep 2019, 10:28

MasterXploder7 wrote:Vivien, Arkbow Ranger
Spawnsire of Ulamog...
I was thinking along the same lines (especially since Arena uses the sideboard to enable their play), but there doesn't seem to be a sideboard in this game. I know there is a second list of cards for unlocks or something in the deckbuilder, but I don't know how that would be accessible in-game or via code. (If anyone knows, please let me know.)
DamSF wrote:Or even our own library, if the side board is not possible. It's better than not having them in-game, since they have other effects that could be used. :/
I'm not sure about the library since that would be more cards than the sideboard (although the original text says outside the game so it would be more than the sideboard). We could do a random 15 cards from the deck that meet the criteria (creature, Eldrazi, etc.). At a minimum, we could add these cards with those effects disabled and a note on the card's text so that deck builders are aware. I did something like that for one of the Battlebond planeswalkers.

I'll add this post to the Unresolved Discussions section of the Known Issues/Bugs list (see my signature for a link), in the hopes that Xander or other mods will weigh in.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 04 Sep 2019, 15:04

Vivien, Arkbow Ranger's first two abilities are insane enough for the card to be good without the Ultimate. Coupled with Nissa, who shakes the world, and a couple of cost efficient creatures, a green creature-based deck can easily get out of control.
addict insane

Postby nivmizzet1 » 05 Sep 2019, 10:39

Has anybody reported the buggy interaction between Thali, Guardian of Thraben and the Rebound ability? I think Thalia is making you pay {1} when the card is rebounding. That's all I can think must've happened to me (I can post a screenshot) when I had no available mana and the option to cast the rebounding card was greyed out and not selectable; there was nothing else on the battlefield with any exotic abilities.
nivmizzet1

Postby addict insane » 06 Sep 2019, 11:03

nivmizzet1 wrote:Has anybody reported the buggy interaction between Thali, Guardian of Thraben and the Rebound ability? I think Thalia is making you pay {1} when the card is rebounding. That's all I can think must've happened to me (I can post a screenshot) when I had no available mana and the option to cast the rebounding card was greyed out and not selectable; there was nothing else on the battlefield with any exotic abilities.
Oh boy, that sounds like it'll be an easy fix, hashtag Mother of Sarcasm.
addict insane

Postby MasterXploder7 » 08 Sep 2019, 04:20

Regarding the sideboard talk, if I recall correctly there may have been someone who found out how to apply the sideboard into the game a long time ago but I don't have the slightest idea where it would be found. May be worth posting on the utilities board or going to one of the big modders from way back when even the community wad wasn't a thing (like Riiak, and friends).

Speaking of Riiak, may I suggest that we get his permission to upload manual mana functions to the community wad google drive? the older lands auto tap for {1} instead of allowing other lands to take their place since the game prioritizes colorless mana over colored mana. Makes things Vault of the Archangel auto tap when I want to use their ability. But either way I'll find it.
MasterXploder7

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Sep 2019, 10:17

MasterXploder7 wrote:Regarding the sideboard talk, if I recall correctly there may have been someone who found out how to apply the sideboard into the game a long time ago but I don't have the slightest idea where it would be found. May be worth posting on the utilities board or going to one of the big modders from way back when even the community wad wasn't a thing (like Riiak, and friends).
No, there is no way to access the sideboard from within a match. The only cards loaded during a game are those from players' decks (plus referenced tokens).

MasterXploder7 wrote:Speaking of Riiak, may I suggest that we get his permission to upload manual mana functions to the community wad google drive? the older lands auto tap for {1} instead of allowing other lands to take their place since the game prioritizes colorless mana over colored mana. Makes things Vault of the Archangel auto tap when I want to use their ability. But either way I'll find it.
I gave my permission for all of my mods to be included in the CW back when it was starting. However, Xander9009 didn't want to include the adjusted basic lands (from ManualMana) with the reasoning that not everyone wants to manually tap lands for mana and my WAD could just be added on top of the CW. The manual mana functions themselves actually are part of the CW though (just not the adjusted basic lands) and have been since pretty much the beginning. The prioritization of colorless mana over colored mana is one of the reasons I prefer manually tapping mana instead of auto-tapping.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 11 Sep 2019, 00:43

I haven't played this game in a while but if someone manages to code The Royal Scions from the new set I'm gonna get addicted to hell and back again...

I had this Jeskai vintage deck where you would use Stoneforge Mystic to equip a Dreadhorde Arcanist and start casting stuff from the graveyard like Ancestral Recall, Time Walk, Gush, and all around vintage legal disgustingness for free, sometimes with a Monastery Mentor in play XD.

Oh, and Bant with Oko, Thief of Crowns now that Fastbond is no longer restricted (heart), because who cares about 3/3 Elks when you have an Umezawa's Jitte in play? .
addict insane

PreviousNext

Return to 2014