It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:27

Text Size

Quests Vanishing

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Quests Vanishing

Postby LordMiger » 23 Nov 2019, 20:44

Hello World!

Please excuse me if this has been posted elsewhere and I missed it, (tried searching) or if I'm having a "duh" moment. I've started Quest Mode twice and absolutely love it but both of my quests have gone missing from the game. I've checked the forge/quests/saves folder as instructed at the top of the Load Quest Data screen and both quests have .dat and .dat.bak files located in the folder but neither will show up in the game. I have tried deleting and reinstalling Forge to no avail. I would just start over again but I'm worried it'll just happen again.

Also, on an unrelated note. My hand used to populate graphically at the bottom of the screen during a match. For some reason it vanished and the only way to access it is through the hand icon below my character pic. It's not a huge deal, just more cumbersome. I'm probably missing a setting somewhere that toggles it but I've dug through the various settings and can't seem to locate anything related to this issue.

Any and all help is appreciated and thanks to the devs for making a great game!
LordMiger

Re: Quests Vanishing

Postby CptKird » 25 Nov 2019, 19:58

Hi,

not sure about the Quest mode issue, do you use any special characters when naming your quest save at the beginning? Can you paste an example of one of your quest filenames?

If you're using the desktop version of Forge, did you already try resetting the "Match layout"? At the top of Game Settings/Preferences are a few reset buttons regarding different sections.

K.
CptKird

Postby LordMiger » 27 Nov 2019, 01:59

Thanks so much for the reply, I really appreciate it.

The names for my two saves are "Folly at Asterfell" and "Incident at Farpoint" I had no issue for a good while with the first game, having made it up to over 250k in cash and had a decent sized collection of cards. The second quest last a much shorter time. I did use spaces in the quest names but no special characters besides.

Thanks to your input, I was able to figure out what I did to my match layout and how to fix it so MUCH appreciated!
LordMiger

Postby CptKird » 27 Nov 2019, 05:39

Sure thing :)

Well, maybe try this as well then?:

https://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22108

Just make backups of all your savegames and .bak files first.

Fingers crossed!
K.
CptKird

Return to Forge