It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:31

Text Size

Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collection

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collect

Postby hidalgo » 26 Nov 2019, 00:33

aidscoi168 wrote:Hi, WOT recently add Pioneer format. Maybe next update will contain new format with recent banlist ?
Hi aidscoi, will do, working on it since today's evening.
hidalgo

Postby Qumojo » 28 Nov 2019, 23:24

Hi Hidalgo, I am really enjoying your app, fantastic. No, no problems, just suggestions to improve it even further if you've got some spear time and don't know what else to do :D

1. An tick option to allow the search bar to only start searching when you press "enter" key. The actual behaviour can be annoying when your filter is long, as it keeps searching after every keystroke. Could be solve having an tick option, search only if enter is pressed. Allowing both behaviours to cohabit to make everyone happy.
2. Would it be possible to add tokens to the already huge list of available cards? That would be so great to have access to tokens as we currently do with Schemes, Planes and others.

That's all, thanks a lot and I can't wait for next update with Pioneer format listed :)
Qumojo

Postby hidalgo » 01 Dec 2019, 19:34

Hi Quimojo, 1st point about search bar is done in v4.0.4

As to 2nd one. To add tokens properly I need to understand how would you get use of them?

From my perspective,

- tokens cannot be used to build decks
- tokens can be 'kind of' searched already using queries like

to find a specific token
text: "create a 1\/1 white soldier creature token"

to find any token, say within a set
text: (create AND token) AND setcode: eld

I can think of printing deck proxies, on the other hand.
One would add certain amount of tokens to deck and then print them with cards.

So, what is the scenario where you can do better by having tokens listed with cards?
hidalgo

Postby Qumojo » 02 Dec 2019, 11:09

Oh yes, you did take care of it introducing a slightly delay but not enough when writing a long filter (I needed to search some cards excluding a lot of sets making the filter extra long) and that's why I would prefer a toggle option for the search bar. Was the toggle added and didn't see it? So sorry if so :oops: and would you mind to point me to where it is, thanks.

And yes, you're right, my reason is for printing proxies :lol: As your app is the best one out there for it, found out few weeks ago about it and it just makes png with perfect size and consistent positioning of the cards. I use it mainly to print out translations for my chinese/russan/japanese cards using a vbscript but now I would love to be able to print out tokens too :mrgreen:

Translations.1.jpg

DSC_6802.jpg

And thanks again for looking after your app so well! =D>
Qumojo

Postby hidalgo » 02 Dec 2019, 21:25

Was the toggle added and didn't see it? So sorry if so :oops: and would you mind to point me to where it is, thanks.
https://github.com/NikolayXHD/Mtgdb/wik ... ly-changes
hidalgo

Postby hidalgo » 02 Dec 2019, 21:33

And yes, you're right, my reason is for printing proxies :lol:
Ok, printing tokens will take some time, mainly because it requires to organize/upload the images.

Possibly, by the end of month it can be done.
hidalgo

Postby eawyne » 03 Dec 2019, 11:42

Hi :)

First of all, thank you for this software, it's exactly what I needed. My wife had made a web-based interface to log our collection, but it became hard to maintain and update... Your work proves to be the perfect replacement !

I have thousands of cards to input as a collection, and here are a few things I was looking for without finding them though. Maybe are they implemented, but couldn't find them ?

- is it possible to filter cards by expansion ? My cards are stored that way, and it's complicated to add cards in batches ; I see it's possible through a search query, but a list with associated set icon would be great.
- could it be possible to sort cards with their collection number ?

- I want to look for Boros Swiftblade (a multicolor card that has {W} {R} in its cost) : how can I look for cards that have White and Red in their cost and only that - in as few clicks as possible ? If I use the exclusion filters, it will still show cards that have those symbols, but also other ones, and I then have to manually exclude the colors that I don't want to see - and there can be many ones to exclude ^^' Or is there a way to unselect all options at once ?

That's all :)

Once I've gotten a better grasp of the software, and if it's as easy to use as I feel it is, I'll sure think to donate !
eawyne

Postby Qumojo » 03 Dec 2019, 16:38

eawyne wrote:Hi :)

First of all, thank you for this software, it's exactly what I needed. My wife had made a web-based interface to log our collection, but it became hard to maintain and update... Your work proves to be the perfect replacement !

I have thousands of cards to input as a collection, and here are a few things I was looking for without finding them though. Maybe are they implemented, but couldn't find them ?

- is it possible to filter cards by expansion ? My cards are stored that way, and it's complicated to add cards in batches ; I see it's possible through a search query, but a list with associated set icon would be great.

- I want to look for Boros Swiftblade (a multicolor card that has {W} {R} in its cost) : how can I look for cards that have White and Red in their cost and only that - in as few clicks as possible ? If I use the exclusion filters, it will still show cards that have those symbols, but also other ones, and I then have to manually exclude the colors that I don't want to see - and there can be many ones to exclude ^^' Or is there a way to unselect all options at once ?

That's all :)

Once I've gotten a better grasp of the software, and if it's as easy to use as I feel it is, I'll sure think to donate !
Thanks a lot @Hidalgo =D> =D> =D>

@eawyne, you can find a lot of info here to improve your skills with filters. It can be a little be daunting at first, but it an amazing tool when you learn how it works. And here hints on how to set up two of the filters you wanted, one in green, the other in red. If you click the magnifying glass in the setcode (GK1) it will sort them by it, any field that matter. Hope it helps you out. And I don't think you can use collection numbers to sort them out, didn't see it, sorry.

MagicPic.png
Qumojo

Postby eawyne » 03 Dec 2019, 22:23

Thank you Qumojo :) I have indeed gotten a better grasp of the filters now. It's a terrific tool. I even got a little wow when I noticed you could scroll through a card's editions in zoom mode. Very neat to compare different illustrations !
eawyne

Postby hidalgo » 04 Dec 2019, 00:32

you can get a list of sets by using intellisense in search bar
type
Code: Select all
e:
which is short for
setcode:
hit Ctrl+SPACE, shows set codes, type to narrow down the list, use Up and Down keys to select

type
setname:
hit Ctrl+SPACE, shows set names

there are no icons, but there is a list at least

It's currently not possible, but not difficult for me to do, this or next week will do probably.

how can I look for cards that have White and Red in their cost and only that - in as few clicks as possible ?
I was surprised myself it has no obvious solution. In your particular case Filter by Converted Mana Cost solves it (thanks Qumojo =D>)

You exploit that in "-" mode unchecked values are prohibited so no need to prohibit 1 by 1. Select red and white in rightmost "AND" column, leave everything else unchecked. It means Red AND White AND nothing else.

In more general cases you may want to use search bar like that:
ManaCost: (\{w\} AND \{r\} AND NOT /.*[gbuc123456789x].*/) AND Cmc: 2
Its not fast to type but once you have it you can copy/paste and save it sowmehere for future modification and reuse.
hidalgo

Postby Qumojo » 09 Dec 2019, 11:13

Hi Hidalgo,

I like to double check my decks and ensure everything is in the right order and I am not missing any card after a lot of games. My issue is that the new adventure cards are not ordered by they main name but their adventure side. Can we get an update to fix it or adding a check box?

Untitled (Large).jpg

thanks a lot
Qumojo

Postby hidalgo » 09 Dec 2019, 17:43

Qumojo wrote:Hi Hidalgo,

I like to double check my decks and ensure everything is in the right order and I am not missing any card after a lot of games. My issue is that the new adventure cards are not ordered by they main name but their adventure side. Can we get an update to fix it or adding a check box?

Untitled (Large).jpg

thanks a lot
Hi Qumojo, I do not get what do you exactly mean.
- Which side have you added to the collection - the adventure or the creature? I can't see it from the screenshot because you have text fields hidden.
- When you say ordered, do you mean ordered when not sorted by any field, or do you mean ordered when sorted by card Number (which you can sort since last release 4.0.4.1). Again, I can't see it from screenshot, because the status information below the cards is cut from the screenshot.
hidalgo

Postby Qumojo » 10 Dec 2019, 10:30

Sorry for not been clear in my explanation.

What I meant was that when you sort by alphabetic name (Acclaimed Contender, Ancestral Blade, Arcane Signet...) the Order of Midnight comes up in the middle as "Alter Fate" (adventure side) instead of been sorted by "Order of Midnight" the main name of the card.

Does it make it clearer?
Qumojo

Postby hidalgo » 10 Dec 2019, 13:53

In Mtgdb.Gui each card face is represented as a separate card. You have in your collection a card named `Alter Fate` which you will see if you turn on displaying textual fields.

If you want to control which side to see:

- add both faces to collection
- add to search bar
to see only creature side
layout: NOT adventure OR Type: Creature
to see only adventure side
layout: NOT adventure OR NOT Type: Creature
Additionally, it lets you search by type, text and properties of other side when search is restricted to cards from collection only (or from deck only).

I can see the flaws:
- you get +1 card counted in your collection
- you have to do manually add both faces to collection (or deck)

It may not seem a difficult thing for application to handle automatically, but it is, if you consider:
- there are different multi-face layouts, some with > 2 sides, such as meld.
- some cards have namesakes within a set. Suppose you added (or removed) card's main face to collection, then which alternative face (which card number) should be atuomatically added (or removed) if there are > 1 matching candidate? What happens if card data from mtgjson.com is slightly corrupt, so the mapping of faces is A1 -> B1, B1 -> A1, B2 -> A1
- alternative faces should not increase collection / deck count
- alternative faces should not increase count / total price in deck / collection statistics diagrams

It can all be handled, but it's a big and error prone task so I'd rather not do it.
hidalgo

Postby hidalgo » 10 Dec 2019, 14:09

On second thought, I see possible improvements dealing with multiface cards in deck / collection

- 3 options to filter-out alternative faces:
show 1st face, show last face, show all faces (that's what you initially asked)
- 4 options to add / remove card face to deck / collection
selected face, 1st face, last face, all faces
- buttons or similar to transform a deck or collection in 1 click to make it have
only 1st faces / only last faces / all faces

User still gets undesirable extra in cards count total for deck / collection
hidalgo

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers