It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:10

Text Size

Xmage Java Settings - Laggy Multiplayer from China

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Xmage Java Settings - Laggy Multiplayer from China

Postby rickp » 10 Dec 2019, 01:49

Hi Guys,

What are the best settings to ues for Xmage on a laptop running with 4GB of memory (not a lot of memory I know).

I connect from Shenzhen in China and sometimes the .de server is quite laggy other times it's really fast. Chinese internet is a bit strange with regards to some websites / download speeds. I can play MTG Arena and MTGO fine when doing multiplayer here in China so just wondered what sort of settings I need for Xmage. I see the launcher has a java settings for both client and server but am unsure if these need to be changed? (I've read a few posts saying to adjust it for a better experience).

Any ideas be much appreciated.

Rick
rickp

Re: Xmage Java Settings - Laggy Multiplayer from China

Postby JayDi » 10 Dec 2019, 08:51

500 MB for client is good to play (you can move mouse over main menu memory stats to see instructions for memory settings). The main problem in ping. XMage real ping is sum of all players ping. With slow/laggy players game will be laggy for all.
JayDi

Re: Xmage Java Settings - Laggy Multiplayer from China

Postby rickp » 10 Dec 2019, 15:40

Thanks for the information. I'll check out how xmage runs in Hong Kong on the weekend, I have a feeling its just the Chinese internet - some websites which you can access here seem to have downloads throttled on them (slow speeds) and maybe its the great firewall. Thanks again for the help.
rickp

Return to XMage