It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:10

Text Size

Need info about client-server communication

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Need info about client-server communication

Postby Fedora » 03 Feb 2020, 22:36

Hello there!
I'm trying to develop a client for the Xmage server (because I want to test some things and I need a MTG Engine).
I've been reading the Wiki on Github and reading some of the code, but I couldn't find much documentation about how the client and the server communicates.

So far I have seen in Mage/src/main/java/mage/constants/PlayerAction.java there is an enum for events, and in Mage. Common/src/main/java/mage/remote/SessionImpl.java there is the code used to open a session via Sockets (and an option for HTTP, I believe?)

I would appreciate if someone pointed me at some documentation about this, or gave me an idea about where to start looking at to try to comprehend this. I'm not a Java programmer nor an native english speaker, so pardon me in advance.

Thanks! :)
Fedora

Re: Need info about client-server communication

Postby JayDi » 09 Feb 2020, 11:39

Xmage uses jboss remoting library (version 2). It's socket communication with binary objects transfer (java binary serialization). Search github issues by "graphql" for more related topics and links.
JayDi

Return to XMage