It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:26

Text Size

Bug - Hivestone not cooperating with Ensoul Artifact.

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Bug - Hivestone not cooperating with Ensoul Artifact.

Postby 123sean » 11 Feb 2020, 02:33

I'm having an issue with Hivestone and Ensoul Artifact on Forge Gui Desktop 1.6.32.

I like to experiment with Forge and all the card synergies, and one of these synergies that doesn't work is Hivestone and Ensoul Artifact. The tactic is to have Sliver Overlord, Zedruu the Greathearted and Hivestone on the field while casting Ensoul Artifact on the Hivestone. That way, Hivestone then becomes a creature and, in theory, becomes a sliver of its own, as the card text of Hivestone details. You can then use Zedruu's activated ability to give the Hivestone to your opponent, then use Sliver Overlord to take control of the enemies' creatures due to them becoming slivers, and once that's done, take back the Hivestone as it has become a sliver itself.

This doesn't happen in game. Ensoul Artifact makes the Hivestone a creature but Hivestone doesn't make itself a sliver creature even though it should. What's also strange is that Animating Faerie's adventure DOES allow Hivestone to give itself the sliver quality.

I'd really like for this bug to be fixed, as I can then put it into practice in real games.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-02-10 21-31-08.png
Screenshot from 2020-02-10 21-03-50.png
Screenshot from 2020-02-10 21-02-49.png
123sean

Re: Bug - Hivestone not cooperating with Ensoul Artifact.

Postby Northmoc1344 » 11 Feb 2020, 14:43

Thanks for the bug report. Neat combo you've worked out there.

Curious as well is that casting an additional Hivestone will give the first (Ensoul'd) Hivestone the Sliver type. Destroying the additional Hivestone will cause the type to be lost.

I'm generating a bug report for this in the core-devs project. Hopefully someone with a better understanding of how dependent layers function in Forge will tackle it soon.
Northmoc1344

Return to Forge