It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:29

Text Size

MTG Masterbase by Goblin Hero - Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTG Masterbase by Goblin Hero - Theros Beyond Death

Postby Goblin Hero » 20 Jan 2020, 08:37

Theros Beyond Death update is uploaded.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Protoman » 15 Mar 2020, 14:39

Goblin Hero wrote:Theros Beyond Death update is uploaded.
Just a heads up, your Masterbases always work, but the THB one crashes the MagicWorkstation module. Don't know if anyone else is seeing this issue.
Protoman

Postby nyanko1 » 19 Apr 2020, 02:12

new ver waiting
nyanko1

Re: MTG Masterbase by Goblin Hero - Ikoria: Lair of Behemoth

Postby Goblin Hero » 20 Apr 2020, 13:38

Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths database is uploaded.
#Stay home, stay safe!
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nyanko1 » 21 Apr 2020, 11:50

Goblin Hero wrote:Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths database is uploaded.
#Stay home, stay safe!
sets.dat bug
nyanko1

Postby ParkerLewis » 28 Apr 2020, 21:13

nyanko1 wrote:
Goblin Hero wrote:Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths database is uploaded.
#Stay home, stay safe!
sets.dat bug
Same here. MWS crashes on launch with the new DB (no problem with the THB one).

Exception:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.1 Date : Tue, 28 Apr 2020 23:14:18 +0200
2.2 Address : 00A1F6AB
2.3 Module Name : MagicWorkstation.exe - (Magic Workstation Library)
2.4 Module Version: 0.9.7.2140
2.5 Type : EAccessViolation
2.6 Message : Access violation at address 00A1F6AB in module 'MagicWorkstation.exe'. Read of address 61676185
2.7 ID : AFAE0000
2.8 Count : 1
2.9 Status : New
2.10 Note :
2.11 Sent : 0
ParkerLewis

Postby ParkerLewis » 29 Apr 2020, 17:43

GH has informed me via PM that this might be an MWS problem (thus, and understandably, not something he'd be willing or able to fix) with the DB size.

Just to make sure this isn't something else taht could be fixable, did anyone find a solution ? I wonder why Protoman seemed to have had the problem starting with THB, that is before other people, if we're using the same DB ?
ParkerLewis

Postby nyanko1 » 02 May 2020, 09:58

In the old days, when we encountered a bug with the maximum number of sets, we worked around the bug by deleting unnecessary sets that were only re-recorded.
You can probably avoid it by doing the same.
nyanko1

Postby ParkerLewis » 03 May 2020, 13:45

Ok, so a fix seems to be to remove flavor text from the DB (at least, that's the main change according to this link) :

=> https://www.ligamagic.com.br/?view=forum/mensagem&id=164843 <=

Basically :
- this guy has been removing flavor text from the DB to make it lighter and more stable.
- he's sharing it on a google drive RIGHT HERE. Open the "2 - Masterbase" folder and retrieve the latest version of the DB.

Check the webpage to see for yourself (with a traduction tool, such as the one built into Chrome)

I've tested the DB on my end, and MWS does open again (and noticeably faster too) without crashing.

Another incidental "upgrade" that comes with switching to this DB is it uses 3 letter set codes (the ones that habe been used by WotC and official for decades) so better compatibility with other tools / databases. This does mean you might have to update .mwDeck files if you still were stuck with the older set codes. Luckily, this is an issue I solved years ago already (see here)
ParkerLewis

Postby arcanistheomnipotent » 03 May 2020, 19:39

Hi,

I translated my original post from "ligamagic" and posted here on this site when I first started this quarantine project. I think It is easier for the majority of the community to read the tutorial / procedures in English.
I always update both simultaneously.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=29507

ParkerLewis wrote:Ok, so a fix seems to be to remove flavor text from the DB (at least, that's the main change according to this link) :

Basically :
- this guy has been removing flavor text from the DB to make it lighter and more stable.
- he's sharing it on a google drive . Open the "2 - Masterbase" folder and retrieve the latest version of the DB.

Check the webpage to see for yourself (with a traduction tool, such as the one built into Chrome)

I've tested the DB on my end, and MWS does open again (and noticeably faster too) without crashing.

Another incidental "upgrade" that comes with switching to this DB is it uses 3 letter set codes (the ones that habe been used by WotC and official for decades) so better compatibility with other tools / databases. This does mean you might have to update .mwDeck files if you still were stuck with the older set codes. Luckily, this is an issue I solved years ago already
arcanistheomnipotent

Postby Thalass » 18 Feb 2021, 18:58

I see there haven't been any posts in this thread for about one year.

Is this masterbase still being updated? Since 0.97 (which has support up to Ikoria), there have been at least two further large sets released, viz. Core Set 2021 and Zendikar Rising. Kaldheim will also be released 10 days from now; however, I assume it will take time to work this set into the database and for card scans to become available.

EDIT - I have just found Arcanis' other thread with updates all the way to Kaldheim. I'll look into switching over. Just to confirm, however, is Goblin Hero still doing updates for this masterbase?
Thalass

Previous

Return to Masterbase/Sets