It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:01

Text Size

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.43 SOFTWARE

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports XMage 1.4.43 SOFTWARE

Postby JayDi » 20 Jun 2020, 08:27

If you have encountered any problems while using XMage 1.4.43 you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: Human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice. If you get an error log please add that too. Also often does a gamelog file from the mage-client/gamelogs/ folder help to reproduce the problem.

1. Please use a separate post for each problem/bug.
  2. Don't report here problems concerning to install, start or connect xmage. Only game related problems of using xmage.
  3. Don't report here cards you would like to see implemented. Please report those card requests here:
    http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19067

Thank you for your help in detecting bugs.

Known Issues:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues

Already fixed but not available until the next XMage update
Look here before you post and describe a problem. Often the problems are already fixed and you only have to wait for the next update. If your problem is already mentioned as solved, there is no need to post it in this thread again.
See here: https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/Features-and-fixes-not-released-yet
JayDi

Re: Bug Reports XMage 1.4.43 SOFTWARE

Postby mtkmat » 20 Jun 2020, 13:30

Hello, I was playing against a human in legacy and I couldn't cast Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis from my graveyard at any point. I tried in my main phase, both pre and post combat, to click on it to delve and convoke with my creatures but the click didn't show any prompt to do so. I played it yesterday too and it was working fine. (I had 2 untapped black creatures and plenty of cards in the graveyard)
mtkmat

Postby bioboygamer » 20 Jun 2020, 23:28

Was playing free-for-all commander against two friends. arrived at combat step and had the opportunity to attack with my commander, Xyris, the Writhing Storm, with The Locust God on the field. One of my opponents had Suture Priest, and the other had Syr Konrad, the Grim. When I tried to declare attackers, my client froze, to the point where I couldn't even concede or disconnect - I had to use the task manager to close it. Not sure if it's related, but now I can't even connect to the server, nor can my friends.
bioboygamer

Postby Federmann » 21 Jun 2020, 11:39

This new version can't be called for some reason from the launcher. When I start the game from the launcher, it opens the previous version of the client (1.4.42.V7 or something).

Regards.
Federmann

Postby LyppzGaming » 21 Jun 2020, 15:25

I updated my Xmage and when i launch the game it says its not updated ive tried force updating and its not working
LyppzGaming

Postby RudahD » 21 Jun 2020, 21:46

Was playing free-for-all commander against two AI opponents. Whenever I get to my turn,
dredge ability wont trigger. Tried for several turns to confirm, it never triggers
RudahD

Postby Lonestar68 » 22 Jun 2020, 00:32

Doesnt let you cast spells if you have a chrome mox or mox amber out and dont tap it before casting the spell.

https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/6698
Lonestar68

Postby Somewhere » 22 Jun 2020, 02:23

Cabal Therapy

I could not choose a card name with Cabal Therapy. I have the error log, but this forum will not let me submit it. Thanks.

LevelX2: Not able to reproduce the problems.
Somewhere

Postby Somewhere » 22 Jun 2020, 02:24

Cabal Therapy #2

I could not cast Cabal Therapy from my hand, only from my graveyard. The purple outline did not appear, despite being in my main phase and having multiple untapped gold lands. Clicking it did nothing.

I was playing against the AI for this and the above problem.

LevelX2: Not able to reproduce the problems.
Somewhere

Postby Ringbearer » 22 Jun 2020, 14:56

Ghostfire Blade didnt let me equip it to a colorless creature for 1 up until I had 3 lands. When I had 3 untapped lands in play I then needed to pay only 1.

https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/6698
Ringbearer

Postby ImpergiuM » 22 Jun 2020, 16:28

Hello.
I was playing a Dubious Challenge Pionner deck. In my game, Trostani Discordant was put on the battlefield after Ive launched a Dubious Challenge sorcery. My opponent took the Trostani Discordant and I took a Void Winnower .
Unfortnately, at the end step, the Trostani Discordant ability that makes all players gain control of the creatures they OWN doesn't happened.
Well, that's the bug.
Thank you for your attention and good work!
ImpergiuM

Postby Tharkon » 23 Jun 2020, 15:47

JayDi85 on Github wrote: all works fine, check your settings to enable lands abilities choose (right click on your battlefield);
This really should be a sticky somewhere. I have been struggling with this issue for months and have seen numerous others report it. I am not sure if I accidentally enabled that setting or if it was enabled by default starting with some version but I am very very very glad I now found it.

If anyone else has this same issue, you can resolve it by unchecking the option in the following screenshot.
Tharkon

Postby fowlancer » 24 Jun 2020, 14:20

There is a bug where one can cast Walking Ballista (and possibly other cmc X cards) for ANY mana cost using Lurrus. This is not correct, as you can only cast cards with CMC 2 or smaller.

See Lurrus' gatherer info: "For spells with X in their mana costs, use the value chosen for X to determine the spell’s converted mana cost. For example, if a permanent spell costs X W, you could cast it with X as 1 but not as 2".

Thanks.
fowlancer

Postby pastymuffin » 24 Jun 2020, 22:18

I was playing against humans in a multiplayer commander game. I was playing with Kenrith, the Returned King as my commander and had a Benthic Biomancer token I stole from an opponent and a Heartstone I played myself. They did not reduce the cost of Kenrith, the Returned King's abilities like they were supposed to. (Example, I should have been able to activate his ability of "2W: Target Player Gains 5 Life" for W instead)
pastymuffin

Postby zoky » 25 Jun 2020, 21:04

Bolas's Citadel works even worse than on previous patch.

After casting a spell from the top of your library, it doesn't even show you the (next) top card of your library until that spell has finished resolving.

You should be able to see the (next) top card of your library as soon as you've finished paying all the costs for the previous one, and you should even be able to see it update during a spell's resolution, or respond to your own spell with an instant from the top.

I am unsure whether this is a problem just with Bolas's Citadel, or with other similar effects (such as Elsha of the Infinite, Future Sight, Experimental Frenzy etc.) too.

This was a 4 player (human) EDH game, for what it's worth.
zoky

Next

Return to XMage