It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:04

Text Size

Working spell and ability mana restriction!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Working spell and ability mana restriction!

Postby fallenangle » 21 Jul 2020, 02:18

Dear all,

As I posted on the CW Discord:

"Perhaps nobody still cares about this game, but I wanted to share a neat discovery I made after about a week of tests: I successfully got a card (a Renowned Weaponsmith that I modded) to restrict mana for both spells (which had been done before) AND abilities (which is new). I tested it with an Ancient Kavu and an Amulet of Kroog on the battlefield. When only the restricted mana is available (it should only be usable for artifact spells) but nothing is highlighted, the Kavu will light up as though you can activate it. However, as soon as you mouse over it, the highlighting disappears and the game won't let you use the Weaponsmith mana to activate the Kavu. You can activate the Amulet normally, however, and also cast a Tenza, Godo's Maul if you have one additional mana. Significant pieces of the formula were coded from scratch by me; although a number of key pieces also come from NeoAnderson's original mana restriction design, so thanks, as always, to him. You can try it here."
Attachments
RENOWNED_WEAPONSMITH_MM_FA_CW_391905.zip
Double Mana Restriction Renowned Weaponsmith
(5.12 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
fallenangle

Re: Working spell and ability mana restriction!

Postby nivmizzet1 » 21 Jul 2020, 13:24

Nice!
nivmizzet1

Re: Working spell and ability mana restriction!

Postby LisaAlsop » 22 Jul 2020, 05:47

fallenangle wrote:Dear all,

As I posted on the CW Discord:

"Perhaps nobody still cares about this game, but I wanted to share a neat discovery I made after about a week of tests: I successfully got a card (a Renowned Weaponsmith that I modded) to restrict mana for both spells (which had been done before) AND abilities (which is new). I tested it with an Ancient Kavu and an Amulet of Kroog on the battlefield. When only the restricted mana is available (it should only be usable for artifact spells) but nothing is highlighted, the Kavu will light up as though you can activate it. However, as soon as you mouse over it, the highlighting disappears and the game won't let you use the Weaponsmith mana to activate the Kavu. You can activate the Amulet normally, however, and also cast a Tenza, Godo's Maul if you have one additional mana. Significant pieces of the formula were coded from scratch by me; although a number of key pieces also come from NeoAnderson's original mana restriction design, so thanks, as always, to him. You can try it here."
thxx
LisaAlsop

Return to 2014