It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 09:22

Text Size

Forge for Android v1.6.53.001

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.35.001

Postby VanillaBeans » 18 Jul 2020, 13:09

Agetian wrote:UPDATE (06/30/20): Forge for Android v1.6.35.001 has been released. It's a version based on the 1.6.35 release of Forge. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: There seems to be a recurring update issue with the last few releases where the game would hang in case you tried to auto-update it from the game itself. We haven't yet figured out the problem, so while we're working on investigating and fixing this issue, if you run into this problem, you'll need to manually download the APK from the first post of this thread and install it, then open the game and agree to finish updating it by downloading the assets. Then it will work as intended. Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Agetian
Thanks for the solution :), much appreciated

Really thankful you guys take the time to make this app a reality ^_^
VanillaBeans

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.36.001

Postby sitiva » 19 Jul 2020, 06:31

so I haven't used the game in a few months, came back and updated it, and now it crashes a few minutes into draft or constructed. I can make it about halfway through the second pack and the game just closes. doesn't save my progress. I've tried a fresh install a few times now, but nothing changes. any ideas?

I'm on an LG G Pad X 8.0, running Android 7.0
Attachments
forge.log
(22.42 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
sitiva

Postby LordLpko157 » 19 Jul 2020, 14:40

Add mutate, companion and m21
LordLpko157

Postby 50Cabbage » 19 Jul 2020, 14:48

LordLpko157 wrote:Add mutate, companion and m21
They're working on it
50Cabbage

Postby Nerava » 21 Jul 2020, 02:41

I've just recently learned about and started playing Forge, and I have some questions about the Android app, and Planar Conquest mode especially.

I've been having trouble with the app getting stuck on loading cards from folder at either 50 or 75% fairly consistently, other than following a reinstall. Is there a solution to that, beyond simply always uninstalling and reinstalling the game each launch?

Regarding Planar Conquest, it looks neat, but I'm fairly lost as to what I'm actually doing. The very first match in Alara is a well optimized wall of a deck, and my commander and Planeswalker are nowhere to be seen, other than a cosmetic portrait. Meanwhile my deck is full of cards that can't even trigger their conditions. Is there a "correct" choice for each plane? How do I play my commander/Planeswalker, if it's possible?
Nerava

Postby 50Cabbage » 21 Jul 2020, 03:43

Nerava wrote:I've just recently learned about and started playing Forge, and I have some questions about ... Planar Conquest mode especially.

Regarding Planar Conquest, it looks neat, but I'm fairly lost as to what I'm actually doing. The very first match in Alara is a well optimized wall of a deck, and my commander and Planeswalker are nowhere to be seen, other than a cosmetic portrait. Meanwhile my deck is full of cards that can't even trigger their conditions. Is there a "correct" choice for each plane? How do I play my commander/Planeswalker, if it's possible?
In my experience, you have several deck types in Planar Conquest (PC as I refer to it), depending on the enemy fought (which is iirc 40-limited/Commander, Vanguard, and Planeswalker, among others) which is different per tile. The Planeswalker would appear in the Planeswalker deck for example, while the Commander appears in a Commander deck. You go through the fights and gain currency which you can use to purchase cards from the void among others, and can sell cards you don't need/want for additional currency, which you can buy again for an increased price. The only difference I noticed regarding planes is the possible color identity of the commanders you choose, as well as the total number of battles for the initial plane.
50Cabbage

Re: Forge for Android v1.6.16.001

Postby LisaAlsop » 22 Jul 2020, 05:48

Deltabeta1997 wrote:Deleted the app and reinstalled twice. Still no divine visitation. All of the rest of GoR is there. I would include a screenshot but the forum continues to say the file size is too large. Also having issues with unsets not appearing.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LisaAlsop

Postby Nobody » 23 Jul 2020, 21:32

So I dont know if anyone else has been having this issue but any time I type anything into forge on Android, it won't show the letters until I hit enter. If use a word with two of the same letters in it such as "better" it is changed to "beter" as well. Cant seem to figure out how to fix this... please help?
Nobody

Postby mthous01 » 30 Jul 2020, 03:50

Using Moto x4b running Android 9, trying to play in quest mode, and building first deck is incredibly slow in response time. Selecting new deck takes 10 seconds to launch the deck editor, and all functions in the deck editor take multiple seconds of lag before they show affect on the screen (including scrolling). Any ideas as to why? I never had this problem when I played this last year. I installed the version for Android 4.4, and it works well, but is obviously not up to date.
mthous01

Postby ozgur1318 » 04 Aug 2020, 07:14

hi guys. .Is this ver. the last one ? and does it also support Android 10 phones ? thanks .
ozgur1318

Postby lazylockie » 14 Aug 2020, 12:00

Nerava wrote:I've just recently learned about and started playing Forge, and I have some questions about the Android app, and Planar Conquest mode especially.

I've been having trouble with the app getting stuck on loading cards from folder at either 50 or 75% fairly consistently, other than following a reinstall. Is there a solution to that, beyond simply always uninstalling and reinstalling the game each launch?

Planar Conquest can be quite difficult at the start because your starting deck is a bunch of random cards from the plane. Right off the bat check your deck for bad cards (too expensive, too narrow).

Always go for the Aether to pull some new cards to replace your bad ones. At the start I would recommend trying to pull only commons at 2-5 range for creatures and 0-3 for instant/sorceries. If you find your starting matches too difficult you can adjust your starting crystals (default 2000) for more pulls and make a more coherent deck.

As you progress (full clear multiple planes) most of the matches become ridiculously easy, because eventually your deck will be stuffed with quality rares/mythics

Remember that each Plane has its own cards and sets, therefore each has its own list of commanders. All of the supplemental Commander editions are available on one of the planes (except C20 I think). The only downside is that the Partner mechanic doesn't work on this mode :(
lazylockie

Postby LordLpko157 » 17 Aug 2020, 19:46

you can tell if the game developers are going to add mutate, companion and m21 of the standard so we can test it and someday photuro will have an online server to play with our friends some way by ID for us to connect with our friends or by ip with login by forge then we would be able to connect with our friends to train so we only have a cell phone to play it would be a good move for you right ??
LordLpko157

Postby mthous01 » 17 Aug 2020, 20:58

Nobody wrote:So I dont know if anyone else has been having this issue but any time I type anything into forge on Android, it won't show the letters until I hit enter. If use a word with two of the same letters in it such as "better" it is changed to "beter" as well. Cant seem to figure out how to fix this... please help?
I used to get this when I used swipe interface typing. I have learned to put in the words letter by letter to avoid it on my Moto x4. Are you using Google keyboard or Swype and swiping in the words?
mthous01

Where are the Land Basic pics?

Postby spiritfallem » 19 Aug 2020, 00:02

I want to congratulate you for the great program I love Magic I wanted to warn you about some things that I noticed in the last update
1st because the images of the basic land are not showing? In the next update, you could create a Downloand tab just for basic land (only a subject).

2nd could have an option to only download images of the cards from the sets from which they ate like (I hate images from the current Zuran Orb card, the one from ice age was better more when bass doesn't have it.

3rd will there be a poor person in the base data of the Falo program? I say this because I was building a Nightmare Deck and I didn't find the Laquatus s Champion card.
spiritfallem

Postby BBQDuck » 19 Aug 2020, 02:34

Help, in the fantasy mode I clicked the exchange life for money thinking the immunity it talked about meant I would get my original life total back but I was wrong. Now my save is screwed and I've put countless hours into it. I'm running the latest version of forge for Android. Is there anything that can be done to fix my save?
BBQDuck

PreviousNext

Return to Forge